Disney+ is it any good ?

Soldato
Someone saying they split this with a friend - would we be able to share an account across two households like that? It's not going to kick up a fuss because our Sky Q and their Amazon Firestick are on different wifi networks?

Associate
Was tempted by this but I've seen all the Marvel and Star Wars, and most of Pixar films a million times. And (yes, I know) I've already watched The Mandalorian, which was rather good!

Soldato
I went for it.

Watching my daughter giggling along to Blackbeard's Ghost was almost worth the price on its own.

Peter Ustinov is awesome in that film.

taB

taB

Associate
Someone saying they split this with a friend - would we be able to share an account across two households like that? It's not going to kick up a fuss because our Sky Q and their Amazon Firestick are on different wifi networks?

Sharing it with my sister in Scotland. Ts and Cs stated 7 device limit but no other restrictions that I could find.

Soldato
Yeah, should have reported back - I found the same.

in fact I also found an article saying Disney were aware that they would get some account sharing, and they were happy to cope with it as long as people didn't take the mickey.

Associate
Yeah, should have reported back - I found the same.

in fact I also found an article saying Disney were aware that they would get some account sharing, and they were happy to cope with it as long as people didn't take the mickey.
That seems decent. Netflix seem to have the same attitude but I think they are looking at ways to crack down eventually.

As I've never had a TV, it's heads up that D+ works fine in a web browser as well. Windows 10 running Firefox Quantum. The interface is similar to Uber-Eats. Pick your favourite restaurant, then the meal within. All showing up as thumbnails :)

As a Disney freak, I've been using the £50 sub to watch the B-grade sequels as I have the main films already on blu-ray. Lilo & Stitch is particularly good for sequels and not so B-grade. You also have the TV series like Once Upon A Time.

No one have mentioned this yet, but you also have National Geographic which is their nature channel.

Soldato
When looking for nature programs to watch, worth being aware that they're not all under NatGeo - because Disney do a lot of them themselves too.

I've only watched one of the Disney ones so far, but if that's representative I'd say they are aimed younger - the narration is more fun than info based.

I mainly watched it for the visuals though, having only recently got an LG 55C9 and wanting to showcase it. The one I picked out was 'Elephants' (imaginative name), and it was jaw-droppingly good looking.

Soldato
Well I’ve been loving the Mandolorian. Absolutely brilliant, the episodes are neat little stories self contained with only a few characters but servicing an overall plot. A really nice change from some of the bloated exposition heavy stuff we’re getting just at the moment.

The back catalogue of classic Disney mixed action films is good, thanks to a suggestion on here watched a Blackbeard’s Ghost, kids loved it.

taB

taB

Associate
The X-Men cartoon has aged badly but I'm still going to rewatch it.

For my small kids the classics like Aristocats are ideal.

Soldato
Well I’ve been loving the Mandolorian. Absolutely brilliant, the episodes are neat little stories self contained with only a few characters but servicing an overall plot. A really nice change from some of the bloated exposition heavy stuff we’re getting just at the moment.

Agree with you for the most part...episode 4 however was worse than the average SG1 episode.

Soldato
I don't suppose anyone knows if season 8 of Anthony Bourdain's Parts Unknown is on Disney+? Been trying to track it down, Amazon had 1-7 but there's actually up to 12 series which we're desperate to watch.

Back
Top Bottom