• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

FSR is horrible. Even AMDunboxed is saying it when compared to DLSS. Says it all.

Also, locking out DLSS isnt that bad per-se but this also means no frame gen and last time i checked FSR3 FG isn’t out yet so doing it on purpose to hurt NV customers cause you suck and are way behind on features helps no one.

FSR is better in some games purely because of implementation, the same as DLSS. Last of Us has sharper image quality using FSR, and DLSS has broken AA in it. FSR also has higher fps gains than DLSS at the same quality setting. That's just one example.

So don't discount any upscalers for what it is alone, because it all comes down to how it is implemented by a dev.

Nv jack the price right up this round and can't be bothered paying for DLSS 3+RT integration into a massive title...

but AMD's an ass hole for stumping up the cash to promote FSR/hardware and not allowing off the charts fps gains for Nv running DLSS 3 making their gpus look **** and you lot moan that AMD need to get their finger out.:p

FSR is better in some games purely because of implementation, the same as DLSS. Last of Us has sharper image quality using FSR, and DLSS has broken AA in it. FSR also has higher fps gains than DLSS at the same quality setting. That's just one example.

So don't discount any upscalers for what it is alone, because it all comes down to how it is implemented by a dev.

It's embarrassingly easy to dismiss FSR when you have access to DLSS...

The most used gpu's on the planet that can't run DLSS are Nvidia.

YT is full of Nv FSR vids, as they don't have access to DLSS, they are missing nothing of a feature they can't use and gaining fps from a feature AMD provided.

1080Ti 72fps high settings FSR balanced.

Screenshot_2023-05-03_001818.png

I am not discounting anything. I want FSR to do well, but almost every time I go to use it, it just is a relatively poor implementation.

I have already said it can be just as good as DLSS when done right.

Some people just don't like to see anything negative said about AMD. I could not care less anymore. I say it as I see it and based on my own experiences.

Nv jack the price right up this round and can't be bothered paying for DLSS 3+RT integration into a massive title...

but AMD's an ass hole for stumping up the cash to promote FSR/hardware and not allowing off the charts fps gains for Nv running DLSS 3 making their gpus look **** and you lot moan that AMD need to get their finger out.:p

Nice strawman instead of actually addressing the criticism. I don't get the sympathy provided for AMD. They need to be doing better with FSR, that is a fact.

Let's paint AMD as the good guys. Apparently they stumped up cash to promote their tech and lock out the competition... Yay AMD, well done.

AMD do need to get their finger out. To see this all you have to do is look at their market share and the fact that AMD apologists keep buying Nvidia cards. Nuff said :cry:

But but but.. AMD are the good guys. Goes back to drawing board to reframe the argument instead of actually addressing what is being said :D

@tommybhoy God the victim mentality works so well for AMD. Wake up, they’re not your friends, both companies just want your money and couldnt care less about you.

You as a customer should only care about the money you spend giving you the best experience for YOU. Features being left out cause a company tries to ‘hide’ how ****** their solution is vs the competition is bad. End of story.

Last edited:
With the way Tommy bigs up amd solutions, I would have said he has no standards but given he keeps buying nvidia, he must actually have some :p :D

Disagree on TLOU FSR, it's also terrible in my experience, both dlss and fsr have sharpening galore, thankfully last patch fixed dlss sharpening so I could drop it right down to 0.

And then there is this:

Can't say I have ever noticed a great deal in performance difference, if any difference, my experience has been < 5 fps in either dlss or fsr favour.

I think the only game where I would happily use fsr is cp 2077, it's the one good implementation I've tried out of several games, still not as good as dlss but it's usable.

Yeah FSR is 3fps higher, not anything to write about especially when you're at 100fps+ anyway :cry:

But there is broken AA using DLSS in last of us (see my screenshot comparisons in the thread), which is why FSR looks better.

And native, even though the framerate remains the same due to the lack of optimisation, looks softer than both FSR and DLSS.

Last edited:
It is amd that benefits from her technology working on pascal and maxwell. They didnt do it out of the kindness of their hearts.

Yup if they really wanted to benefit devs and all gamers, they would have attributed to streamline....

c6654Ho.png

Can hardware vendor 3 step forward please

zXlGQBQ.gif

Yeah FSR is 3fps higher, not anything to write about especially when you're at 100fps+ anyway :cry:

But there is broken AA using DLSS in last of us (see my screenshot comparisons in the thread), which is why FSR looks better.

And native, even though the framerate remains the same due to the lack of optimisation, looks softer than both FSR and DLSS.

Isn't that with a patch which broke aa/dlss?

Always late to the party. Can’t wait for all the ‘pro’ techtubers to start the rumor mill again how the 8xxx series will be the new nvidia destroyer, just like every single time… and be wrong… again.

Highly unlikely AMD will ever overtake Nvidia on the GPU front, I think most people know that's a given.

Even if they did, it would be short-lived.

Always late to the party. Can’t wait for all the ‘pro’ techtubers to start the rumor mill again how the 8xxx series will be the new nvidia destroyer, just like every single time… and be wrong… again.

Yup! Someone on here when the 3090 released was saying they knew someone at AMD, and the 6900XT/X was gonna blow the 3090 out of the water!

Waited for actual perf results so bought a 3080.

Hogwarts Legacy has recieved a HUGE update that fixes a hell of a lot of bugs, Improves various things etc... but has also had its DLSS dll upgraded to 3.1.2

Patch notes - https://portkeygamessupport.wbgames...s/16304407055251#h_01GZKYVPR2JM6QSNDM82XPW842

Did they sort out RT? Only reason I would install it really. Was not much left on the map when I completed it. Just some Merlin trails and a few other things that would not have made much difference.

Will wait for confirmation if RT is fixed properly or not :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom