• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Associate
I welcome the DLSS/FSR upscaling revolution. It is analogous to the magic that has been worked to make games look as good as they do without supercomputers. Like how things are rendered is mathematical magic, so why not upscale. It makes perfect sense.

Where I'm not super keen is frame interpolation. There were some fantastic strides at frame generation in the VR space (ASW, etc), i.e. limited frame prediction based on motion vectors and head pose changes, however DLSS3.0 is interpolation. It inserts a frame between two known frames, which in a real-time context is just meh. Maybe DLSS3.0 will improve dramatically and I'll be an adopter, but I kinda doubt it...

I'll be very much onboard when DLSS 4.0 attempts frame generation, similar to ASW, but using ML techniques. Have a stall in your pipeline? No worries, just generate a frame and away you go.

Associate
I welcome the DLSS/FSR upscaling revolution. It is analogous to the magic that has been worked to make games look as good as they do without supercomputers. Like how things are rendered is mathematical magic, so why not upscale. It makes perfect sense.

Where I'm not super keen is frame interpolation. There were some fantastic strides at frame generation in the VR space (ASW, etc), i.e. limited frame prediction based on motion vectors and head pose changes, however DLSS3.0 is interpolation. It inserts a frame between two known frames, which in a real-time context is just meh. Maybe DLSS3.0 will improve dramatically and I'll be an adopter, but I kinda doubt it...

I'll be very much onboard when DLSS 4.0 attempts frame generation, similar to ASW, but using ML techniques. Have a stall in your pipeline? No worries, just generate a frame and away you go.

It's using ml techniques for frame gen.. it's a highly non-linear interpolator. The next big shift is going to be the ability to predict early rejection using ml models so that instructions that have low probability of impacting the final pixel will be discarded at a much earlier stage..

Even the current iteration of dlss is praiseworthy because it ups energy efficiency to an altogether different tier

Last edited:
Soldato
An ETA for the DLSS3 update for CP2077 and TW3 would have been nice.

The fixes to how it looks seem reasonable but the latency is the issue. The extra FPS is a waste if they haven't fixed that?

I thought so too before I actually tried it but it makes a big difference to the feel of a game in Spiderman, MSFS and TW3.

Last edited:
Soldato
Telling that it's still in stock, hours later.
Again I don't understand why things being in stock is an issue :cry: The 4090 actually hasn't had a drop for a good while so it could be the case that stock is fairly decent this time around and also the scalpers can't make money on them so that avenue is closed. Could it be that things are returning to being somewhat normal with stock? Heaven forbid.

Caporegime
OP
Again I don't understand why things being in stock is an issue :cry: The 4090 actually hasn't had a drop for a good while so it could be the case that stock is fairly decent this time around and also the scalpers can't make money on them so that avenue is closed. Could it be that things are returning to being somewhat normal with stock? Heaven forbid.

Yup seems that not only do nvidia and amd think we are still in mining craze, no inflation/cost of living crisis, covid lockdown but also the customers think the same too :cry:

PS 5 and xbox one are still in stock, they must be selling awfully too :D

Soldato
Yup seems that not only do nvidia and amd think we are still in mining craze, no inflation/cost of living crisis, covid lockdown but also the customers think the same too :cry:

Imagine being able to buy your choice of computer component or console?! :p

Soldato
Nope, most likely gonna wait for the 5xxx series. Prices are whack.

? The 5000 series will likely release in 2 years. We'll have gone through 2 years of inflation by then, meaning the prices will be even higher. Add £200 at least for the 5070, 5080 and 5090 vs the 4000 series.

Soldato
? The 5000 series will likely release in 2 years. We'll have gone through 2 years of inflation by then, meaning the prices will be even higher. Add £200 at least for the 5070, 5080 and 5090 vs the 4000 series.
And put at the end a "=> The Death Of PC Gaming as we know it". Those are not sustainable prices. Actually even current ones aren't.

Soldato

Maybe it's cause interest rates have doubled
Maybe it's cause food is up 15%
Maybe it's cause salaries haven't kept up

Maybe people aren't bothered with gaming when they can't even afford food, petrol and paying their rent

Associate
I've finally seen ghosts everyone, The 4090 owners thread is officially made up of spectres as they are all no body, All the user made videos on YouTube ? Goblins ! All the user made posts on Reddit ? Gremlins ! :D
I don't think he's saying nobody wants 4090's, more so that nobody wants DLSS 3.0... he's wrong either way.

Back
Top Bottom