• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DLSS Momentum Continues: 50 Released and Upcoming DLSS 3 Games, Over 250 DLSS Games and Creative Apps Available Now

Associate
True that but can't see any other way around it, people have suggested nvidia doing it from their end with driver updates but problem is, it's a game update that is needed so can't see how nvidia would "inject" the latest version into the game, same way amd can't unless they eventually can apply it as part of a game profile via the control panel..... but chances are if that was possible, we would have seen it by now.
I feel for the majority of users, AMDs way is better. It either works, or it doesn't. The version included in the game should, I hope, have been checked by the Devs to be ok. You can't tweak it and potentially avoid things that can cause issues.
On the flip side, Nvidia is the opposite in the sense that you can mess with it and as such is better for users of this forum.
Oddly this is generally the opposite of what I'd expect from them!

Soldato
Looking real smooooooooooooooth :cool:

How you finding it @Dicehunter ?

Haven't tried CP2077 yet but Dying Light 2 at 4K max settings, Max RT, DLSS set to Quality and Frame Generation on it's sooooooo smOOth !

Stats top left -

x5Fa5hN.jpg

Interesting that Techland updated DL2 with the 1.0.3.0 FG dll and not the 1.0.5.0 dll, Wonder what the differences are.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Excuse potato photo quality but damn..........

llx656K.jpg

bUNnF4f.jpg

Obviously this is the point of reflex but I haven't seen latency dropped this much with reflex in other games :cool:

Soldato
AMD channel loving FG/DLSS 3 in CP 2077:

Lol it's not an AMD channel. The guy has more AMD videos since he gets sent AMD cards. I don't think Nvidia send any cards to him. Also he compares FSR a lot since it works on old Nvidia cards too.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Lol it's not an AMD channel. The guy has more AMD videos since he gets sent AMD cards. I don't think Nvidia send any cards to him. Also he compares FSR a lot since it works on old Nvidia cards too.

Not saying he is amd "bias" but his channel is mostly amd coverage thus more of an amd channel... I've watched his videos for a long time because of him being more an amd guy and having good tips/advice especially since we both owned the same vega 56 model :)

Either way, point was, good to see credit being given where it is due.

Soldato
Only jumped on the RTX 4k bandwagon recently. My takeaway on DLSS and FSR is that the tech is absolutely legit. It depends on the implemention, there can be some minor motion artifact issues, but they're at least better than the aliasing and shimmering issues we saw with traditional techniques. An extraordinarily achievement, really.

Soldato
Only jumped on the RTX 4k bandwagon recently. My takeaway on DLSS and FSR is that the tech is absolutely legit. It depends on the implemention, there can be some minor motion artifact issues, but they're at least better than the aliasing and shimmering issues we saw with traditional techniques. An extraordinarily achievement, really.
All the way back when Nvidia first introduced DLSS, my biggest concern had been Nvidia might attempt to normalise these kind of so-called "upscaling" feature and making it an excuse to sell us all weaker cards at higher prices; fast-forward to today that has became a reality, with 4000 series pricing has became mental and we now effectively paying £800+ for what could have been a 60ti class card ("4070ti").

This is why despite everyone been getting all excited about DLSS, I still firmly believe as customers we should get raw power for our cards that we deserve for the money we pay for and not buying the DLSS hype. I dread to think one day DLSS and similar techs would lead to us all having to pay for overpriced cards with absolutely trash raw performance outside of anything that use DLSS...

Last edited:
Soldato
All the way back when Nvidia first introduced DLSS, my biggest concern had been Nvidia might attempt to normalise these kind of so-called "upscaling" feature and making it an excuse to sell us all weaker cards at higher prices; fast-forward to today that has became a reality, with 4000 series pricing has became mental and we now effectively paying £800+ for what could have been a 60ti class card ("4070ti").

This is why despite everyone been getting all excited about DLSS, I still firmly believe as customers we should get raw power for our cards that we deserve for the money we pay for and not buying the DLSS hype. I dread to think one day DLSS and similar techs would lead to us all having to pay for overpriced cards with absolutely trash raw performance outside of anything that use DLSS...

Arguably these kinds of techniques have brought console gaming into broad equivelency with PC gaming, while keeping costs more or less in check, so I'd say in Nvidia's case the high prices are still more to do with high demand and inadequate competition.

In any case, developers won't care where the performance opportunity comes from. If it's there they'll use it. If you game at 4k, these upscaling techniques are already obligatory in the latest games, even with a 4090.

My scepticism is with actually with RT, where the payoffs in a lot of cases are nowhere near justifying the performance costs.

Soldato
Any new hints that frame generation might get ‘unlocked’ for 3000 series? There’s a bunch of noise on Reddit and whatnot from oct-dec last year but it’s gone quiet ever since.

Soldato
Any new hints that frame generation might get ‘unlocked’ for 3000 series? There’s a bunch of noise on Reddit and whatnot from oct-dec last year but it’s gone quiet ever since.

That's not likely to happen until AMD release FSR3 with FG. If FSR3 works on all cards then I suspect Nvidia will be forced to enable it on their older cards.

Back
Top Bottom