• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do AMD provide any benefit to the retail GPU segment.

This every GPU is currently £440.

It has 12GB GDDR6 running at 432GB/s

This one is £420.

Last edited:
Lets compare that to an RTX 3070 (none Ti)

3070:
Shaders 5888 at 1725Mhz, 21 TFlops FP32
Memory bandwidth 448GB/s

4060Ti:
Shaders 4352 at 2535Mhz, 22 TFlops FP32
Memory bandwidth 288GB/s

I would say its going to be marginally faster than the 3070, perhaps between that and a 3070Ti. But its got little over half the memory bandwidth, maybe if its lucky with some older games that don't have high textures streaming demands it can keep up with a 3070, but anything else and especially at 1440P it will not!
But that's ok, because with 8GB of memory its not a AAA 1440P card anyway.

So basically an RTX3070 for slightly less money. But muh Ah-RTX. Also muh power consumption(but ignored the RX6600).

Last edited:
At that price its a no-brainer....

People keep acting like they have no choice. You have the RX6600/A750 going for well under £250 many times already. The RX6600XT/RX6650XT have been frequently under £300. The RX6700 10GB could be had for even under £300 a few times. Even the RTX3060 12GB I have seen drop under £300 a few times.

Last edited:
People keep acting like they have no choice. You have the RX6600/A750 going for well under £250 many times already. The RX6600XT/RX6650XT have been frequently under £300. The RX6700 10GB could be had for even under £300 a few times. Even the RTX3060 12GB I have seen drop under £300 a few times.

Yes, these are good cards for little money, The 6700 None XT is a fantastic entry to AAA 1440P gaming for no money, its so obscure the fact that it exists keeps slipping my mind....

Nvidia think they can turn that around by offering a sub $500 card for the masses, but as usual with Nvidia its not quite that straightforward, its basically a 3070, at least initially, until other less mainstream reviewers get a hold of it and make it work a bit harder for its money....

I am just looking on HUKD. RX6950XT for just over £600 which is going uber hot,but RTX4070 at the same price went uber cold. I think Nvidia shenanigans are annoying gamers in the UK at least!
I was tempted but may not work so well with my 750W PSU and I'd kick myself if the 7800XT is similar performance but cooler, quieter with lower power use in a couple of months.

I was tempted but may not work so well with my 750W PSU and I'd kick myself if the 7800XT is similar performance but cooler, quieter with lower power use in a couple of months.

The reference RX6950XT is around RTX3080 FE power consumption:

The aftermarket ones are probably more,but knowing AMD a slight undervolt will probably drop power down a bit. But either way I was not trying to promote the RX6950XT(as I think it could be cheaper) but more the reaction of normal gamers on a place like HUKD to what Nvidia is doing.

Last edited:
There is a big thread on AT forums about this:
  1. It's the player's fault.
  2. It's the reviewer's fault.
  3. It's the developer's fault.
  4. It's AMD's fault.
  5. It's the game's fault.
  6. It's the driver's fault.
  7. It's a system configuration issue.
  8. Wrong settings were tested.
  9. Wrong area was tested.
  10. 4K is irrelevant.
  11. Texture quality is irrelevant as long as it matches a console's.
  12. Detail levels are irrelevant as long as they match a console's.
  13. There's no reason a game should use more than 640K 8GB, because a forum user said so.
  14. It's completely acceptable for 3070/3070TI/3080 owners to turn down settings while 3060 users have no issue.
  15. It's an anomaly.
  16. It's a console port.
  17. It's a conspiracy against nVidia.
  18. 8GB cards aren't meant for 4K / 1440p / 1080p / 720p gaming.
  19. It's completely acceptable to disable ray tracing on nVidia cards while AMD users have no issue.
They keep adding new ones when they pop up! I thought it was amusing.

:p
Why don't you address the simple question im asking. How can Plague Tale look tons better than Forspoken, TLOU, FC6, Godfall etc. while using half or 1/3 of the vram? The game tops at 6.3 gb utilization at 4k ultra on a 4090, but usually sits at 5 to 5.5GB. HOW CAN THAT BE?

Do you want VRAM just to have VRAM? Cause I want it to have better looking games, but it looks like it's not the case. More VRAM = worse looking games based on recent games.

Your 5800X3D uses about the same amount of power as an incandescent light bulb. Your SeaSonic has plenty of room for a more hungry GPU.

Last edited:
You 5800X3D uses about the same amount of power as an incandescent light bulb. You SeaSonic has plenty of room for a more hungry GPU.

Its kind of sad that because of what Nvidia is doing we have relatively small discounts on older generation dGPUs,which makes them look better. We should be having sub £500 RX6950XT/RTX3080TI cards by now.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom