• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do AMD provide any benefit to the retail GPU segment.

RX7600XT launching on May 24th:

Looks like it will be an RX6700XT 8GB at best.

Are they skipping 7700XT and 7800XT or what?

Come on AMD.... where are they?

Are they skipping 7700XT and 7800XT or what?

Come on AMD.... where are they?

I really hope they don't try to overprice this,as the RTX4060 should be similar performance(or slightly faster),and have better RT performance too. This is also not going to be much faster than the sub £300 RX6600XT/RX6650XT dGPUs. It has to be £300 or under.

What's worse it seems to be an 8GB card - AMD could make this 16GB and it would give an easy PR victory over the RTX4060 too.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't try to overprice this,as the RTX4060 should be similar performance(or slightly faster),and have better RT performance too. This is also not going to be much faster than the sub £300 RX6600XT/RX6650XT dGPUs. It has to be £300 or under.

Right.... they can't, RT tho is meaningless at this level, i doubt the 4060 is going to be much better at that than my 2070 Super.

Last edited:
Right.... they can't, RT tho is meaningless at this level though, i doubt the 4060 is going to be any better at that than my 2070 Super.

Problem is AMD can't price this high. The RTX4060 is most likely going to be an RTX3060TI at a bit lower price and start at $350(if the RTX4060TI is $450). Also being a 6NM dGPU it won't even have the power draw advantage anymore. So close to similar rasterised performance,worse RT performance,none of frame generation marketing,etc and no extra VRAM. For a 6NM die no doubt it will do a good job,but AMD should be translating the much cheaper production costs,into adding more VRAM or making the RRP lower.

If they even made the cards 16GB,it would at least be a marketing point but there is no indication of this.

@CAT-THE-FIFTH something i wanted to show you.... Rust, 2013.

120Hz right? Look at the VRam and watch what happens when i get near the scapyard, if i turn the settings down its back up to 120Hz.

120Hz to 30Hz.

AMD says it can stay where it is!!! :p

It burning a hole, if the 4070 wasn't so expensive for what it is i would have bought one already.

Last edited:
@CAT-THE-FIFTH something i wanted to show you.... Rust, 2013.

120Hz right? Look at the VRam and watch what happens when i get near the scapyard, if i turn the settings down its back up to 120Hz.

It burning a hole, if the 4070 wasn't so expensive for what it is i would have bought one already.

Navi 33 is a smaller chip than Navi 23 and is on a density optimised 7NM. The same PCBs from the RX6600 series can be used. So it should be a relatively cheap dGPU to make and more importantly the cards should be almost straight ports of the RX6600 series. If AMD prices the RX7600XT 8GB at over £300,when an RTX4060 starts at £350,then the RX7600XT is going to be a failure.

Edit!!

I see no real reason why AMD can't price these at £250 for the RX7600XT and £200 for the RX7600.

Last edited:
Navi 33 is a smaller chip than Navi 23 and is on a density optimised 7NM. The same PCBs from the RX6600 series can be used. So it should be a relatively cheap dGPU to make and more importantly the cards should be almost straight ports of the RX6600 series. If AMD prices the RX7600XT 8GB at over £300,when an RTX4060 starts at £350,then the RX7600XT is going to be a failure.

Yeah, its on the same node and probably a similar size to this.

They can do it for £300 and make a profit...

Watch the video :P

I am disappoint.

I can see why there's no 7700/7800 yet but still.
Same...

I was happy to wait, but as it's looking increasingly likely we won't see the 77/7800 series until (late)Q3-Q4, I might have to do the same as @Troezar and go 3060ti to RX6950XT.....

Doesn't seem much point holding my breath, not to mention the risk that the cards get here only to be same/worse value as current 6xxx pricing

For £300 it'll be the new RX 580, probably AMD's most successful card in a lot of years.

Well if AMD really wanted to really go for marketshare:
1.)RX7600XT 16GB for £300ish and equal to an RX6700XT 12GB
2.)RX7600XT 8GB at £250 and equal to an RX6700XT but with less VRAM
3.)RX7600 8GB at £200 and equal to an RX6600XT
4.)RX7500XT 4GB at £150(make it bus powered) and equal to an RX6600 but with less VRAM

Edit!!

If people don't think that is doable,and RX5700 non-XT used a 251MM2 7NM die,at a time period when TSMC 7NM was much more expensive,with a 256 bit memory bus and 8GB of VRAM. It could be had for as low as £250.

The RX6600/RX7600 series have a 237MM2/204MM2 die and a 128 bit memory bus,in a time where TSMC 7NM/6NM is much cheaper,as is GDDR6. Also the RX5700 consumed as much power as an RTX2060:

It's not like power draw has massively changed,and in the case of the RX6600 it draws very little power.

Last edited:
For £300 it'll be the new RX 580, probably AMD's most successful card in a lot of years.

Well if AMD really wanted to really go for marketshare:
1.)RX7600XT 16GB for £300ish and equal to an RX6700XT 12GB
2.)RX7600XT 8GB at £250 and equal to an RX6700XT but with less VRAM
3.)RX7600 8GB at £200 and equal to an RX6600XT
4.)RX7500XT 4GB at £150(make it bus powered) and equal to an RX6600 but with less VRAM

Yeah I think that's exactly what's needed, a 16GB entry/mainstream card. I had a couple of 580s (bought for mining towards the end of the scrypt era/start of eth) and the fact they were 8GB made them fantastic hand me down cards for many years to come.

Also as CAT has highlighted, it's been far too long since there have been ANY PCIe bus powered cards worth looking at, which would clean up both for entry level gaming (think dell optiplex!) and as an AV/HTPC card (assuming HDI standard supporting 4k120 and hopefully AV1/HEVC support)

Yeah I think that's exactly what's needed, a 16GB entry/mainstream card. I had a couple of 580s (bought for mining towards the end of the scrypt era/start of eth) and the fact they were 8GB made them fantastic hand me down cards for many years to come.

Also as CAT has highlighted, it's been far too long since there have been ANY PCIe bus powered cards worth looking at, which would clean up both for entry level gaming (think dell optiplex!) and as an AV/HTPC card (assuming HDI standard supporting 4k120 and hopefully AV1/HEVC support)

The A380 has AV1 support but no low profile versions!

Same...

I was happy to wait, but as it's looking increasingly likely we won't see the 77/7800 series until (late)Q3-Q4, I might have to do the same as @Troezar and go 3060ti to RX6950XT.....

Doesn't seem much point holding my breath, not to mention the risk that the cards get here only to be same/worse value as current 6xxx pricing
All I can say for my uses, gaming at 1440p, not fussed by RT yet, not overclocking and with a good quality 750W PSU the 6950XT deal was a good one. I've got a card that I think was good enough in the current market and will last a while for what I need. The power use isn't a deal breaker as I don't use it at full tilt enough for it to make much difference. I went with what I could get now over what I may or may not be able get in a few months. No guarantees but it won't get any slower even if something comes out a little faster.

@Troezar - Thanks for responding - Just been looking over some benchmarks for it and I've almost convinced myself :p
I'm in a very similar position to you (rest of system, not too fussed about RTX, hours gaming etc)

Is the colour scheme fully black+RGB (i.e. no painted red accents and the devil logo on the backplate is RGB too)? - If not then I'm almost tempted by the Nitro at £700, but then might as well stump up the other £50 for a 7900XT :D

Edit: Hmmmmm....now a bit hesitant as I start to consider video editing....capture should be ok as I can use CPU in OBS, but actually editing I hadn't considered :confused:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom