• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do AMD provide any benefit to the retail GPU segment.

@Troezar - Thanks for responding - Just been looking over some benchmarks for it and I've almost convinced myself :p
I'm in a very similar position to you (rest of system, not too fussed about RTX, hours gaming etc)

Is the colour scheme fully black+RGB (i.e. no painted red accents and the devil logo on the backplate is RGB too)? - If not then I'm almost tempted by the Nitro at £700, but then might as well stump up the other £50 for a 7900XT :D
There is an ARGB cable with it so I presume you can turn it off? I just have it on the default so it just glows red. With various offers I managed to get it under £600 so easy choice and I had a 5700XT Red Devil that was a good card too. Sapphire are very nice as well if you can get a good deal on one. The only red on it is the logo in the middle of the fans and the devil logo on the back that lights up.

It's also a 6NM card - hopefully it is cheap.

Headed for interesting times with tsmc

So far we've had info that tsmc 3nm yields aren't great and they're struggling to meet Apple demand, that causes Apple to have to do a price increase on the next iPhone and limit which models get 3nm - rumours are that the model that gets 3nm will be $300-$500 more expensive than 5nm model. For Nvidia and AMD- they can't afford 3nm for consumer level products, Nvidia doesn't plan on switching to 3nm until 2025/2026 with RTX6000 when the cost comes down enough, AMD is staying on 5nm and 6nm for RDNA4 in 2024 and Ryzen 8000 cpus are staying on 5nm with no plans to use 3nm for desktop Ryzen yet

Last edited:

So far we've had info that tsmc 3nm yields aren't great and they're struggling to meet Apple demand, that causes Apple to have to do a price increase on the next iPhone and limit which models get 3nm - rumours are that the model that gets 3nm will be $300-$500 more expensive than 5nm model. For Nvidia and AMD- they can't afford 3nm for consumer level products, Nvidia doesn't plan on switching to 3nm until 2025/2026 with RTX6000 when the cost comes down enough, AMD is staying on 5nm and 6nm for RDNA4 in 2024 and Ryzen 8000 cpus are staying on 5nm with no plans to use 3nm for desktop Ryzen yet
I'm curious to see how they'll market that! :D

Last edited:

AMD is the second biggest customer of TSMC,so I think they might have seen this coming. They prioritised their TSMC 4N capacity for their APUs,so it seems they want their dGPUs to have enough supply.

RX6600 is £199.99 on the OcUK store. Take that RTX3050! :cry:

That's a damned good GPU for £200.

25% faster at 1440P than the RTX 3050, currently £240+, what a joke...

Last edited:
Oh...... RX 6700XT, Sapphire Pulse, good one that. £350.

RX 6750XT, Sapphire Pulse again. £400, not bad, be nice if that was £380.

More Sapphire Pulse cards.

RX 6800, 16GB card. £500.

rx 6800xt, £549.

That's a damned good GPU for £200.

25% faster at 1440P than the RTX 3050, currently £240+, what a joke...

Seen the RX6650XT drop down to £225 with cashback too. RX6700 10GB for under £300. Just need the RX6700XT to drop.
More Sapphire Pulse cards.

RX 6800, 16GB card. £500.

rx 6800xt, £549.

Looks like price drops are incoming!

I think I share the feeling expressed in the Hardware Unboxed video, I'd probably go for a 4070 over the 6800XT because of tech like RT and DLSS3, plus there's also the efficiency benefit (which from Ryzen X3D talk and reviews I gather is important to consider). If you can stretch to a 6950XT or preferably a 7900XT though I'd say that's a different matter.

It is.... i'd prefer it over the 67/50XT, but can't quite get around the £100+ premium in my head.

Dunno tho..... its getting harder to resist. i need to think.
If I had to buy in this moment the 6950XT is what I wold get although I'm not sure if it would get with a 13700k and 850W PSU...

Back
Top Bottom