• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do you ever replace your aio?

Associate
I bought the Rajintek somethingsomething Core edition from OcUK for £60.
I'll look into it, £60 is very reasonable, around what i paid for my Noctua U14s. Have Rajintek got an established reputation? I think that's the thing with liquid coolers, n00bs like me need to know which are the reliable ones, and which like Enermax have a very poor rep. That's partially why i went air, it's a lot safer and easy to install and forget when you're starting out in PC building in particular.

Caporegime
I'll look into it, £60 is very reasonable, around what i paid for my Noctua U14s. Have Rajintek got an established reputation? I think that's the thing with liquid coolers, n00bs like me need to know which are the reliable ones, and which like Enermax have a very poor rep. That's partially why i went air, it's a lot safer and easy to install and forget when you're starting out in PC building in particular.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raij...o-cpu-water-cooling-unit-240mm-hs-02j-rt.html

They are fairly new on the scene but they seem to have proven themselves. The build quality of this AIO seems very good, the pipes have a nice braided finish, the pump is external to the block, its refillable, it even has programmable RGB if that is your thing (it isnt mine)

The CORE version comes without fans, and as far as I can tell, without a way to control the RGB (so it just isnt illuminated) - Fine by me. I didn't want it to be illuminated anyway, and I already had fans. :)

xXs19tj.jpg

Its another £40 to have it with fancy RGB fans and the RBG controller doodad.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raij...d-aio-water-cooling-unit-240mm-hs-033-rt.html

Last edited:
Associate
https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raij...o-cpu-water-cooling-unit-240mm-hs-02j-rt.html

They are fairly new on the scene but they seem to have proven themselves. The build quality of this AIO seems very good, the pipes have a nice braided finish, the pump is external to the block, its refillable, it even has programmable RGB if that is your thing (it isnt mine)

The CORE version comes without fans, and as far as I can tell, without a way to control the RGB (so it just isnt illuminated) - Fine by me. I didn't want it to be illuminated anyway, and I already had fans. :)
Ah, nice that it coms without fans so you can pick your own, I have so many fans i need to sell on ebay that i've accumilate, that said there's another model i see that comes with a couple of noiseblockers for £10 more. I'm saving them to my wishlist for 2021 build.

Soldato

xXs19tj.jpg

Its another £40 to have it with fancy RGB fans and the RBG controller doodad.

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raij...d-aio-water-cooling-unit-240mm-hs-033-rt.html

Hope it's more reliable than its leaky predecessor, the Triton.

I know, I had one.

OCUK even deleted the huge thread about it, probably because Raijintek objected, but I'm guessing.

Caporegime
Hope it's more reliable than its leaky predecessor, the Triton.

I know, I had one.

OCUK even deleted the huge thread about it, probably because Raijintek objected, but I'm guessing.

This one has a totally different style of (non removable) fittings, so I guess they learned from their mistakes!

So far had a few weeks of 24/7 usage at fairly high temps (under load) and no issues yet. Touch wood.

Soldato
This one has a totally different style of (non removable) fittings, so I guess they learned from their mistakes!

So far had a few weeks of 24/7 usage at fairly high temps (under load) and no issues yet. Touch wood.

Wouldn't a new buyer be better off buying this?

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/raijintek-eos-rgb-rainbow-complete-water-cooling-240mm-hs-03e-rt.html

It's the successor the the Orca.

Only a fiver more, comes with fans and you get the essential RGB that makes it go faster.

Caporegime
Associate
You sure?

Says it's a sealed unit when you look at sales sites.
Steve Burke mentions that in theory if he is able to disassemble the cooler non-destructively, then he should be able to refill it, he then goes on to say it's the easiest AIO to take apart he's come across. He is able to drain it by just removing the 4 screws holding the copper plate and removing the fin array and seal, seems a straightforward job. He doesn't specifically state it's refillable, but i'll let you judge, tell me what you make of it. If you can't watch the whole video and want the TLDR skip to 5:40 and watch until around 6:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQRwn-lecnk

Soldato
Steve Burke mentions that in theory if he is able to disassemble the cooler non-destructively, then he should be able to refill it, he then goes on to say it's the easiest AIO to take apart he's come across. He is able to drain it by just removing the 4 screws holding the copper plate and removing the fin array and seal, seems a straightforward job. He doesn't specifically state it's refillable, but i'll let you judge, tell me what you make of it. If you can't watch the whole video and want the TLDR skip to 5:40 and watch until around 6:10.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQRwn-lecnk

You can't call that refillable, you stand every chance of borking the AIO or refilling it and having a leak.

Any AIO is refillable by plunging a syringe in one of the tubes, draining and then refilling by the same syringe, cover the hole up with duct tape, job done!

Wouldn't recommend it though! :p

Point being, it's not designed to be refilled.

Associate
You can't call that refillable, you stand every chance of borking the AIO or refilling it and having a leak.

Any AIO is refillable by plunging a syringe in one of the tubes, draining and then refilling by the same syringe, cover the hole up with duct tape, job done!

Wouldn't recommend it though! :p

Point being, it's not designed to be refilled.
Ah, see i asked about AIO's being refillable and the process a couple of pages back, i have no experiance with AIOs, and was just going on what Mr. Burke states in his videos. NZXT do link to his videos from one of their Q&A pages on AIOs, but they don't specifically mention refilling, so it's confusing for peeps like myself.

Last edited:
Soldato
Update:

I replaced my 5 year old Corsair H100i GTX with a Cougar Helor 240 AIO. With the Corsair I was seeing idle temps of around 55-60C. With the Cougar, I am now seeing idle temps of around 35-40C. When gaming temps don't even go near 60C whereas with the Corsair it would reach 90C. Leads me to believe the Corsair may have started to run out of fluid.

The Cougar is also refillable and it came with a bottle of liquid for when the time comes.

BBU7557.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom