• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do you ever replace your aio?

Soldato
I'll look into it, £60 is very reasonable, around what i paid for my Noctua U14s. Have Rajintek got an established reputation? I think that's the thing with liquid coolers, n00bs like me need to know which are the reliable ones, and which like Enermax have a very poor rep. That's partially why i went air, it's a lot safer and easy to install and forget when you're starting out in PC building in particular.

Avoid. Raijintek should come with a plumber. You get what you pay for!

Caporegime

Mine seems very good quality, at least in construction. Far more substantial than the H100 it replaced.

What experiences are you basing your views on? I'm guessing their first attempt at an AIO which was a bit of a disaster?

This one is much better.

Soldato
I take it this was based on their first AIO Triton they released that had quite a few issues with leaking?

Mine seems very good quality, at least in construction. Far more substantial than the H100 it replaced.

What experiences are you basing your views on? I'm guessing their first attempt at an AIO which was a bit of a disaster?

This one is much better.
There was a huge post about it on these forums where the clear tubing was leaking and causing damage to GPUs and issues getting them sorted out.

Here is the RMA process thread

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/raijintek-rma-procedure-at-ocuk-important.18686861/

I think the original post has been removed or turned private as I am unable to find it

Edit - Original post has been removed\retricted, Can see my comments saying its no longer available from 2017.

Last edited:
Soldato
This is why i love air, my oldest 'premium' coolers are about 15 years old and still do well, only fan changes along the way. Original thermalright 120 cooling an i5 8500 and hardly breaking 65C under full AVX prime, bunch of 'ultra extremes' cooling various generations of 115x, Phanteks TC14PE cooling my 9900K, NHD15 cooling my 3950X and NHD14 cooling my 5820k @ 4.4Ghz. Haven't bought a heatsink in years :D

Soldato
This is why i love air, my oldest 'premium' coolers are about 15 years old and still do well, only fan changes along the way. Original thermalright 120 cooling an i5 8500 and hardly breaking 65C under full AVX prime, bunch of 'ultra extremes' cooling various generations of 115x, Phanteks TC14PE cooling my 9900K, NHD15 cooling my 3950X and NHD14 cooling my 5820k @ 4.4Ghz. Haven't bought a heatsink in years :D

That's why all manufacturers (except noctua) are now selling AIO - cause at least one day you'll need to replace it. The only reason people bought new CPU coolers between 2000 and 2015 was because every year better and bigger CPU coolers came out. But now air cooling has reached its peak - it's a sunset industry, people buying CPU coolers are now mostly just new gamers not existing ones upgrading. So now most air cooler manufacturers have also left the game only leaving a handful left, air coolers just don't sell well anymore and there is no innovation.

And then to make matters worse, AMD is shipping its Ryzen cpus with capable air coolers and leaving 3rd party manufacturers fighting for scraps.

Associate
That's why all manufacturers (except noctua) are now selling AIO - cause at least one day you'll need to replace it. The only reason people bought new CPU coolers between 2000 and 2015 was because every year better and bigger CPU coolers came out. But now air cooling has reached its peak - it's a sunset industry, people buying CPU coolers are now mostly just new gamers not existing ones upgrading. So now most air cooler manufacturers have also left the game only leaving a handful left, air coolers just don't sell well anymore and there is no innovation.

And then to make matters worse, AMD is shipping its Ryzen cpus with capable air coolers and leaving 3rd party manufacturers fighting for scraps.
I'm thankful Noctua remain in the air cooler business. I have been rocking my D14 for years across multiple CPUs and it hasn't degraded in performance at even the slightest.

Caporegime
I take it this was based on their first AIO Triton they released that had quite a few issues with leaking?

There was a huge post about it on these forums where the clear tubing was leaking and causing damage to GPUs and issues getting them sorted out.

Here is the RMA process thread

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/raijintek-rma-procedure-at-ocuk-important.18686861/

I think the original post has been removed or turned private as I am unable to find it

Edit - Original post has been removed\retricted, Can see my comments saying its no longer available from 2017.
Yeah i know those ones had issues. Touch wood this newer design seems good though :)

Associate

its why we are seeing a raised price on aio, adding rgb effects and what else.
They did the same with keyboards.
If I want aio I have basically have to pay double vs a Noctua air cooler.
I did run custom water cooled for more than 10 years then the pump went.
Atm I am using my ryzen cooler as it works just fine for the cooling bit.
Manufacturers want to ensure you either replace the item like lightbulbs worked previously or raise prices due to less demand.

So, I could now either replace the pump which cost more than a new noctua high end air cooler....
Its just that I enjoy as far a less hassle and aio will be more prone to break down as it has more parts.
Today's cpu use boost technologies so the cooling isn't needed the way it was previously unless you buy old Intel tech on 14nm that is.
More power efficient cpu, better tech algorithms like Ryzen to adjust on workloads on 1ms intervals just makes aio, unneeded.

Soldato
Haha imagine. That'd be my worst nightmare. AIO dies and I don't notice, only when my cpu reaches 100C and shuts down, breaking the cpu do I realise. That's why I always have a temperature monitor opened whenever my pc is on!

The cpu doesn't break when it shuts down... that's fake news

Back
Top Bottom