Do you have anything next to your bed?

Soldato
Two swords, a dirk, a bow, several arrows with armour piercing bodkin tips, and a shield. Think I'm pretty much covered against intruders.
I do need an axe though, just to be sure.

Associate
Occasionally the Wife when she falls out of bed in the middle of the night........... Oh how we laugh..... I say we, I laugh whilst she tells me to do one.

Associate
A can of Raid, because I'm far more likely to get bothered by a cockroach than any sort of intruder. Guess it could also work for that though.

Associate
A stack of these should be more than enough to scare 'em off :p

watchtower_magazine_english_issues.jpg

Soldato
This months issue of Mensa magazine, a lamp and a phone. My wife's between me and the door, so unless someone comes through the window I'll be fine :D

I'd like to take up archery or Iaido, neither of which is intended as home defence...

Associate
I have a loaded air pistol in a locked case in my bedside unit. The key is very nearby but hidden. It certainly wouldn't kill, but a few shots to the head will certainly blind and maime someone whereupon they'd no longer be a threat.

Soldato
I have a loaded air pistol in a locked case in my bedside unit. The key is very nearby but hidden. It certainly wouldn't kill, but a few shots to the head will certainly blind and maime someone whereupon they'd no longer be a threat.

But would that someone be you or the burglar?

Soldato
Just put framed pictures of dead people all around your house. I bet that anyone trying to break in will leave pretty quickly. Even better if you get some of those digital photo frames that show a slideshow.

Associate
I have an olight striker which I would use to temporarily blind the intruder and then I would imbed the sharp end in his temple.

I also have an Arizona Bushman saguaro survival knife by the bed which I could use if the threat was really bad, but in real likelihood probably not as the court would probably take a dim view and I could get jail time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom