Do you have passion in your life?

Soldato
I took my daughter to see Hugh Jackman in Birmingham yesterday and it was a really good show but what really jumped out at me is the passion that he has for what he's doing, and I realised, other than my kids/wife, I have no real passion for anything.

I have borderline personality disorder and suffer with depression on and off as well as living in near constant pain so being happy and enthusiastic a lot of the time is just a no go, but even when I'm in so much pain I'm struggling to sit my kids still manage to lift me and we play and laugh.

The 9-5 commute bores me, it's like waiting for death although I don't mind my shift hour drives, it's a more fun drive and takes half the time. My work is overly complex and is not satisfying in the least.

I'm just wondering, am I the norm or the exception?

Do other people have more passion in their lives or are they just floating through life?

Soldato
Yes, the one thing I was always 100% set on was finding a job I could enjoy and become passionate about.

No way am I spending the bulk of my life working in a job I care little about.

If you enjoy it, you become really good at it. Can be anything really, so long as you enjoy it.

Soldato
At the moment, no; but that's what I'm working towards. I didn't choose to go to uni because it's fun, I chose to go because it'll open more doors for me.

At this point, I don't know what I do want to do, but I know what I don't, which is equally helpful, I guess

FTM

FTM

Soldato
Fly Fishing

its such a treat to relax way out in the middle of nowhere with nothing but the sounds of the moorland around you, great way to clear your mind and direct my focus

Soldato
Yes, the one thing I was always 100% set on was finding a job I could enjoy and become passionate about.

No way am I spending the bulk of my life working in a job I care little about.

If you enjoy it, you become really good at it. Can be anything really, so long as you enjoy it.

This, work somewhere that treats its people like family.
All the better that i did it without going to uni for a job that generally requires a degree.

While i still prefer to be at home with the family, going to work is a joy.

Man of Honour
Apart from my wife and kids, no I don't currently have any passion in my life. I used to. My passion for decades was technology; computers, gaming and programming both at home and professionally. I made a career from it and for a while I was very happy.

But over the years I have become distant from real hands on technical work (now firmly in management for a global company) and it drained the life out of me. The 3 hour total daily commute and a hectic life renovating a house and helping my kids with homework when I do get any spare time means I am simply chronically drained each and every day.

I know what I want to do. I know what I need to do to get passion back. But at the moment I have neither the time nor the money to change my current path. I realise the window for me to change my path is closing fast as I am 50 this year. So realistically it is going to be a tough thing to do, although still just about possible. I don't say this to complain but simply to highlight to others that if you don't plan a long term direction for your life then you will drift and usually in the wrong direction.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
I view work as a necessary evil..I dont dislike my job, its easy, it pays the bills and more importantly is had good holidays and flexible working, so I can enjoy my outdoor pursuits
I could have had more money but my time wouldnt be my own...so if I dont need the money why make myself unhappy by restricting my ability to do what I actually do love doing

45 minutes after keying out I can be standing in the water looking at this...actually catching a fish is not that important

32703156907_4b0c2cde7d_b.jpg

Soldato
I once asked a handful of classes (11-16 age wise) what their hobbies were and the number of them that said ‘my phone’ was truly shocking.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Weight lifting is my passion, it fires me up and gives each day some more purpose than just working. I honestly feel so different when I don't train, I'm like a different person. It has such a positive mental and physical effect on me, I'm now in the gym 5 days a week.

Soldato
I guess my passion is computers/internet/gaming.

I do like to socially interact with people and hear their story and views on subject, even if I don't agree with them.

You're lucky to have a family that you can focus on. Make them your passion and do the best you can for them.

Caporegime
Weight lifting is my passion, it fires me up and gives each day some more purpose than just working. I honestly feel so different when I don't train, I'm like a different person. It has such a positive mental and physical effect on me, I'm now in the gym 5 days a week.

Thin line between passion and obsession.

Associate
Aquascaping, Mountain Biking, Performance Car Tuning (Mainly ECU's), Building computers and overclocking them, playing 3 musical instruments (Drums, guitar, piano), and video editing with Premier Pro.

I get bored easy and i kind of switch between these hobbies :)

EDIT: oh and of course Gaming!

Soldato
Now that Jezza Kyle isn't on the telly in the daytime I have nothing left to live for. Just bought a new corner sofa too.

Last few years have been drifting by due to a personal set back, used to do a lot of photography, online gaming back in the CS days and involved with car groups but struggling to get back on track.

Back
Top Bottom