Do you like to get your Tats out for the Lads?

Soldato
OP
Sure, I'll litter the forum with dumb* topics. :cry: :rolleyes: lolspelling

A guy walks into a town centre in nothing but shorts (while everyone else is covered because the weather cold or cool) and that guy starts doing Arnold Schwarzenegger flexes and bodybuilding poses is that Normal to you?

Man of Honour
A guy walks into a town centre in nothing but shorts (while everyone else is covered because the weather cold or cool) and that guy starts doing Arnold Schwarzenegger flexes and bodybuilding poses is that Normal to you?

Today I've been doing the hedges in just my shorts and trainers. You must be proper nesh.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was putting up a tent at a crime scene in November last year in a short sleeved shirt, all the big burly coppers and copperesses were all complaining of the cold wrapped up in their big outdoor coats.

Lightweights.

Soldato
Don't see many tattoos at the swimming pool ... looking at the mixed sex 40 odd people I see regularly for an hour, maybe two people. (women lower calf, breast stroke guy full back eagle)
all confirms healthy body healthy mind ethic .. or, maybe swimmers dont have the time to get tattood

Tattoos: what is their significance?

The prevalence of tattoos is higher among people with mental disorders and those likely to come in contact with mental health services
Individuals with personality disorder are more likely to have multiple and visible tattoos when compared with patients with schizophrenia (Reference Gittleson, Wallen and Dawson-ButterworthGittleson 1969), and there appears to be some association between the number of tattoos and presence of a personality disorder. Reference MeaseyMeasey (1972) reported 82% prevalence of personality disorder in individuals with 16 or more tattoos

Adolescents
The prevalence of tattoos in adolescents has been increasing, with population estimates indicating that up to 16% of adolescents have a tattoo (Reference Armstrong and McConnellArmstrong 1994; Reference Preti, Pinna and NoccoPreti 2006). Studies of adolescents show an association between tattoos and risk-taking behaviour, impulsivity, self-harm and drug misuse

Associate
Don't see many tattoos at the swimming pool ... looking at the mixed sex 40 odd people I see regularly for an hour, maybe two people. (women lower calf, breast stroke guy full back eagle)
all confirms healthy body healthy mind ethic .. or, maybe swimmers dont have the time to get tattood

Tattoos: what is their significance?

The study in adolescents that you reference lastly is based in sardinia.
Different cultures do things for different reasons.
I'm guessing samoans,fijians/ hawaiins get tattoos based on their culture, not because they are self harming/ risk taking drug users?

They might be though.
I've only had a puff of weed when i was younger, never taken hard drugs or self harmed and never ended up in prison.

Yet i have tattoos.

Does that make me a bad person?

Back
Top Bottom