Do you look forward to your partner going away?

Soldato
My partner is away next weekend on a hen do in London, and I'm (perhaps oddly) looking forward to it! Lots of pizza to be eaten, lounging around to be done and being a general slob for a weekend! Might be slightly productive and give the car a wash weather depending.

Do you enjoy the peace and quiet afforded by your partner being away for a weekend?

Soldato
Single now but ...

The odd day/night apart is healthy. Do your own thing etc. Time to play xbox in your underpants and a beer helmet with a two 12" pizzas so no need to cook.

Soldato
Hell yeah, it's great when the wife goes away. I can as much beer as I want, eat whatever crap I want, watch what I want on TV, play games all day... She doesn't do it often enough as far as I'm concerned!

Man of Honour
I don't generally no - I don't look forward to it. Do I make the best of it when she does go away? Not really, I just feel less guilty for spending time on the computer, or coming home from the gym late, but I enjoy having the company and enjoy chatting to her about my day and/or stuff. It's also more pleasant dining together.

Man of Honour
Sometimes as it’s good to have a little space to yourself and you get to appreciate them even more when they come back. It works both ways.

Soldato
I don't generally no - I don't look forward to it. Do I make the best of it when she does go away? Not really, I just feel less guilty for spending time on the computer, or coming home from the gym late, but I enjoy having the company and enjoy chatting to her about my day and/or stuff. It's also more pleasant dining together.

Correct answer! :D

Soldato
It's such a rarity that I do enjoy it, I must confess. I wouldn't say I looked forward to it as such, but I do enjoy just chilling out once the Kids are to bed, with the telly off and just doing nothing.

Back
Top Bottom