Do you save games until you can run them at Max ?

Associate
Not so much with modern games, but I do remember Grand Prix 2, Papyrus Nascar and Indycar were games I had to patiently wait until I upgraded to be able to play.

The trouble was by the time I could afford an upgrade from my 386, I had upgraded to a PC and 3DFX had come out. All these games I had been patently waiting to play were instantly outdated. When I look back at games from 1997 (just prior to the graphics card explosion) they dated so quickly.

Microsoft Flight Sim is for me the modern day equivalent, a game I know will bring my PC to a crawl, so patiently waiting. I managed to snag an XBox Series X recently and MS Sim is due out, but playing a flightsim on a console seems rather alien. It will be interesting to see how it works.

Soldato
Only if I can't get a stable FPS even with reduced settings. I try to avoid the lowest possible settings but don't mind a combination of Medium / Low if it means I can play the game while still looking decent. Sometimes it's as simple as just turning Shadows to Low.

I still have a GTX 980, so for some games this may be a problem going forward. If I cared about getting the maximum settings for every game, I'd have stuck with consoles.

Back
Top Bottom