Doctor Who

Soldato
Can't say I was impressed with the New Year Special. Plot wise it was dull, just another take on the
Groundhog Day
theme.

After the Flux episodes, BBC writers back with a PC and Wokeness vengeance with Yas
expressing her romantic feelings for the female Doctor
, and the multicultural guest stars (one black, one white and Irish!).

Looked like it was filmed on a budget of around £1500 too, pretty much all took place in a storage facility apart from the Daleks' extermination effects not much CGI either.

Soldato
Also just watched the latest effort, and all I can say is:

What a steaming pile of ****! And that's being nice.

I don't know why I keep watching it. It's been mostly crap since Peter Capaldi's tenure. His Doctor at least started with promise, though the quality of writing went south very quickly. Jodie Whittaker is just awful. There's absolutely nothing about her I like as The Doctor, and the scripts are just laughably bad. Not watching any more until she's replaced. Thank goodness she's only got about two episodes left, which she will undoubtedly ruin.

Caporegime

I don't know why I keep watching it. It's been mostly crap since Peter Capaldi's tenure. His Doctor at least started with promise, though the quality of writing went south very quickly. Jodie Whittaker is just awful. There's absolutely nothing about her I like as The Doctor, and the scripts are just laughably bad. Not watching any more until she's replaced. Thank goodness she's only got about two episodes left, which she will undoubtedly ruin.

Part of the reason for my re-edit, to hasten the ending :p

Soldato

I had hoped that would be it for her at the end of this one, but given I don't think any announcement has been made about a replacement actor/actress it was a forlorn one.

Soldato
Im confused, why wasnt the regeneration in progress when the dr was killed, im sure one of the times she died it wasnt the start of a new loop yet.

Also yas fancying the dr hmm, let the regeneration start then shes a man again and i wana see yas go hmm nvm mind u got a penis now :p

Soldato
Looked like it was filmed on a budget of around £1500 too, pretty much all took place in a storage facility apart from the Daleks' extermination effects not much CGI either.

They have done that a few times in the past. Its to keep the budget down if they over run. Like the episode which took place only on a plane.

Soldato
I had hoped that would be it for her at the end of this one, but given I don't think any announcement has been made about a replacement actor/actress it was a forlorn one.

As mentioned by @steve5424, she only has a couple of episodes left. You're correct that no replacement Doctor has been announced yet but I read an article a couple of months ago where she confirmed she'd already filmed her part of the regeneration.

Don
Aside from the "of course the doctor is a woman, lets now make her a lesbian" wokeness, I thought the episode was at least half reasonable as it at least stuck to a sci-fi staple of time loops and did a reasonable job of it.

Probably the best episode of recent times, although admittedly that's not saying much

Soldato
Only a small amount of the fanbase thinks it's a poisoned chalice. I'm sure who RTD offers it to will be super excited to take on one of the most iconic roles in TV history.

Caporegime
wasn't RTD part of the problem and probably hands it to some woke crusader if it's his choice.

didn't he do some gay tv show with only gay actors? lets turn that around only straight people can play straight characters...... no ones allowed to dye their hair for a role... no contacts, no fake accents.
everything has to be 100% authentic now

ahh yes timelords don't actually exist so no one can play the role.

just end the show it's clearly for the best

Soldato
I'm sure you lot just enjoy whinging!

Enjoyed the new year special, as above, a good time loop story.

Flux and this episode have been good, especially compared to the rest of JW run as the Doctor.

Back
Top Bottom