Doctor Who

Ncuti's been in a engineered tv series for GenZers - a good actor ! maybe he's going to do something reputable in the interim before his Who appearance, he's not Ashley Walters/Messiah

BBC funding may still be reviewed before then , a Rishi's whim, perhaps Attenborough can walk on water, but American appetite for Who's declined.

If the clothes are regenerating as well as the appearance of a same but different version of the Doctor suggests that this regeneration is different and it may pave the way for more old/different versions of the Doctor appearing before Ncuti Gatwa depending on which actor is up for it. I think both Christopher Eccelston and Peter Capaldi both have said they don't like the specials with too many Doctors around, but if the Doctor is switching to different old/different versions of himself due to a regeneration problem and each actor is the only Doctor each time then they may be interested in being involved. It would be cool if David Troughton and Sean Pertwee were persuaded to be versions of their Dads incarnations - it would send the fans into a frenzy.
I don't see that myself. They confirmed David as the 14th Doctor and Ncuti as the 15th. I think the regeneration and clothes will be something to do with Neil Patrick Harris bad guy. Rumoured to be the celestial Toymaker. From what I've seen of that 1st doctor story he likes games and illusions/tricks.

The cybermen would give the stormtroopers a run for their money with that aim. This dangerous galactic threat who can't hit people right infront of them with rapid fire weapons.
Yes, the Cybermen and Daleks are used way too much and just do not feel threatening anymore. Think they should be dialled back in use for a few series. Plus, a decent story for their return.

Return of Davros would have been cool. Or Missy/Master would have been a twist.

Never mind Tennant being back, that was William Russell as Ian Chesterton in the scene at the end.

For those who don't know, Ian was one of the Doctor's companions back at the very beginning, in fact he was the second billed character to talk (after Barbara) back in the very first ever episode of Doctor Who. Surely that has to make him the actor playing the same character over the longest period of time ever? Fifty eight years, eleven months and one day.

I know Chesterton mainly from avidly reading Dr Who books from the library as a kid, no VCR's then. I didn't recognise him but then I didn't recognise Tegan either Ace I got after a few minutes I thought I know that face... then it twigged

BBC funding may still be reviewed before then , a Rishi's whim, perhaps Attenborough can walk on water, but American appetite for Who's declined.

I'd be mighty surprised if they were lapping up this nonsense thats being dished up.

Yes, the Cybermen and Daleks are used way too much and just do not feel threatening anymore. Think they should be dialled back in use for a few series. Plus, a decent story for their return.

Return of Davros would have been cool. Or Missy/Master would have been a twist.

It started off promisingly with a rogue dalek who think his race has been betrayed before throwing that to the winds and dropping it in the ideas soup that passes for a plot churned into a mish mash of anything they can think of and smeared all over the walls of a nominal storyline and finally the doctor jumps out with some magical wiggly woggly timey wimey smorgasbord of word porridge and announces the unviverse is saved, job done. Oh and some wierd bit about regenerating into David Tennant. Did I miss something out?

Last edited:
Why was the train even there what was that even about? I doubt anyone knows including the writers other than "this sounds like a cool idea lets add it to the soup mix"
I was hoping one of the companions would die. That way the episode would have gravitas and indicate true peril. Instead, one of them "quit" travelling afterwards.

A coherent plot would have been welcome, but the train heist "looked cool". However, they have a Tardis that can travel in time and space through almost anything and they fly over the stupid train?

What an excellent episode!!! Non-stop from beginning to end.

JW finally had some decent material to work with - although they still crept in a few '"fams'" - grrrrrr!

Was shocked to see Ace looking so old, but really shouldn't have been - quite some time has passed from her Ace days :(

Loved the Edge of existence Doctors, great that they got the previous Doctors back. Also that the companions got some closure. Funny and great idea of a Companion Support Group - lol!

And dat ending!! I liked JW re-gen scene, touching and then Bam!! One of the best Doctors! I stayed away from spoilers, so that was a total WTF moment. Although i did think we would see DT/MS and PC in some form as we hadn't seen them in the earlier Doctor appearances.

Anyway, loved it, loved it - great Master and great plan and a great ride :)

ETA: the Ra Ra Rasputin scene was hilarious :)

Last edited:
does anyone else feel they must leave most of the story on the cutting room floor, it just made no sense to me

It's been like that since NuWho started. Like they want to make full feature length stories but only have an hour to tell it. It's been so badly edited for years it feels like ADHD child smashing action figures together and making up plot points on the spot. I guess they're scared witless of anyone under 10 losing interest.

I just had an idea, now Henry Cavill has quit The Witcher, he could be the next Master heh heh. Forget Superman, Doctor Who FTW.

I just want them to give us a Master I can truly fear. Missy knocked it out of the park as under that grin you can feel how evil she was. That little squirt they have right now is a quick punch to the face to solving that weeks scheme story. NuWho has had awful actors for the Master, before Missy, the only good master was Roger Delgado

Last edited:
Thought he was pretty naff the first time we saw him as the Master, but thought he was good in this episode, especially as Rasputin.

Missy was OK, but still prefer John Simm and previous Masters - they were all truly evil :)

So here we go, on the matter of the clothes regenerating, its nothing to do with the story or anything like that

"Davies has now explained his reasons: “I was very certain that I didn’t want David to appear in Jodie’s costume. I think the notion of men dressing in ‘women’s clothes’, the notion of drag, is very delicate. I’m a huge fan of that culture and the dignity of that, it’s truly a valuable thing. But it has to be done with immense thought and respect.”

Back
Top Bottom