Doctor Who

Soldato
Soldato

Urgh... Seriously, even if there is a genuine need to have wheelchair bound characters in the TARDIS, do we need to see them gaining access via a ramp? Will there be a special sequence for it to deploy etc..
It appears its mainly for Willfred Mott at least. Don't see where the issue lies honestly.

Commissario

Urgh... Seriously, even if there is a genuine need to have wheelchair bound characters in the TARDIS, do we need to see them gaining access via a ramp? Will there be a special sequence for it to deploy etc..
I'm going to guess it'll probably get about as much attention to it as the accommodations they made for things like the Daleks and K9 in the past, you'll probably miss it completely unless paying attention, although I can see it also basically being done as the Tardis just undergoing one of it's periodic changes and just happening to become easier to access (as Piadcasual says, as it was in the 70's and 80's). It could very easily be done as per the Tardis following in the implied tradition of it trying to accommodate it's current Doctor and crew's needs and personalities (IIRC it's tended to change with each Doctor anyway).

The article is very light on details and very much in the hearsay realm:)

fez

fez

Caporegime
I'm going to guess it'll probably get about as much attention to it as the accommodations they made for things like the Daleks and K9 in the past, you'll probably miss it completely unless paying attention.

Is this based on the subtlety that recent Who has dealt with everything related to any sort of politics? I would wager they will very much make a point of it and probably in as blunt and in your face way as possible. Happy to be wrong but recent who doesn't know how to do something like this without commenting on it to make sure you know.

Soldato

LMAO.

Yes, wheelchairs is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Sc-Fi isn't it? Travelling across the Galaxy, encountering God knows what, entering unknown systems, harsh environments, hostile alien races, terrible terrain...I know what we really need is some folks in wheelchairs with their very limited mobility and logistical issues - I mean hopefully all across the universe they'll be ramps right? - OG Trek really missed a trick here, old Roddenberry would be spinning in his grave if he knew Dr. Who had brought in wheechairs...

Yeah, come to think of it, it's amazing really that there weren't any wheelchair bound chaps involved in the D-DAY landings they'd have definitely brought a lot to the table...

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yes, wheelchairs is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Sc-Fi isn't it? Travelling across the Galaxy, encountering God knows what, entering unknown systems, harsh environments, hostile alien races, terrible terrain...I know what we really need is some folks in wheelchairs with their very limited mobility and logistical issues - I mean hopefully all across the universe they'll be ramps right? - OG Trek really missed a trick here, old Roddenberry would be spinning in his grave if he knew Dr. Who had brought in wheechairs...
Just need to hijack a dalek and hope it's one that can fly up steps, unless they have a sonic ramp

Last edited:
Soldato
just heard the bbc review ... is there then potential for a U-turn now that truss/whitaker is gone, could Tennant prevail over a renaissance as opposed to new guy,
Tennant future viewing figures could make the public preference clear.

Back
Top Bottom