Doctor Who

could Tennant prevail over a renaissance as opposed to new guy,

Nope, but a year is hopefully long enough to stabilise things with an experienced and popular Doctor, and RTD back at the helm.

Once things are heading back in the right direction, then changing the Doctor shouldn't really be an issue. Even Jodie Whittaker likely would have made a decent doctor, had the background issues been sorted (decent scripts, showrunner with a clue, less "fam" companions)

Never mind Tennant being back, that was William Russell as Ian Chesterton in the scene at the end.

For those who don't know, Ian was one of the Doctor's companions back at the very beginning, in fact he was the second billed character to talk (after Barbara) back in the very first ever episode of Doctor Who. Surely that has to make him the actor playing the same character over the longest period of time ever? Fifty eight years, eleven months and one day.

The Doctors clothes regenerate when they regenerate now? Thats a new thing isnt it..I'm sure I remember the Doctor only regenerating flesh and blood not the apparel they are wearing at the time too, didnt they used to have to look in the Tardis wardrobe to find a new outfit previously. If material objects that are in contact with the Doctor also change when they regenerate, could you stand and touch them and regenerate too ? :D

Last edited:
LMAO.

Yes, wheelchairs is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Sc-Fi isn't it? Travelling across the Galaxy, encountering God knows what, entering unknown systems, harsh environments, hostile alien races, terrible terrain...I know what we really need is some folks in wheelchairs with their very limited mobility and logistical issues - I mean hopefully all across the universe they'll be ramps right? - OG Trek really missed a trick here, old Roddenberry would be spinning in his grave if he knew Dr. Who had brought in wheechairs...

Yeah, come to think of it, it's amazing really that there weren't any wheelchair bound chaps involved in the D-DAY landings they'd have definitely brought a lot to the table...
I think Gene Roddenberry will be fine. Captain Pike was in a wheelchair.

Well, after five years, I am so glad this era of the Doctor is now over. I refused to watch any episode, apart from the last one, when she regenerated. I almost cheered.

If the BBC thinks we as licence fee payers want to see below par writing, bad pacing, bad acting (Whittaker in particular) then I just do not know...

The BBC knows the show has suffered under Chibnall, otherwise why the damage control of Tennant (and Tate), and RTD returning after 12 years absence?

My concern for its future still remains. After 17 years of almost continuous production, perhaps it needs a rest.

Well, after five years, I am so glad this era of the Doctor is now over. I refused to watch any episode, apart from the last one, when she regenerated. I almost cheered.

If the BBC thinks we as licence fee payers want to see below par writing, bad pacing, bad acting (Whittaker in particular) then I just do not know...

The BBC knows the show has suffered under Chibnall, otherwise why the damage control of Tennant (and Tate), and RTD returning after 12 years absence?

My concern for its future still remains. After 17 years of almost continuous production, perhaps it needs a rest.

You didnt watch any episode but one, how have you come to this conclusion?

Never mind Tennant being back, that was William Russell as Ian Chesterton in the scene at the end.

For those who don't know, Ian was one of the Doctor's companions back at the very beginning, in fact he was the second billed character to talk (after Barbara) back in the very first ever episode of Doctor Who. Surely that has to make him the actor playing the same character over the longest period of time ever? Fifty eight years, eleven months and one day.
I believe William Roache currently holds that record for portraying Ken Barlow for over 60 years.

No Tennant will only be the 14th Doctor during the 60th anniversary specials, with Ncuti taking over as the 15th Doctor by Christmas 2023.

Well I think Dr. who is now a Football club in danger of of being relegated? The 14th doctor being the 10th as well, What he's a Caretaker Doctor for 3 Matches episodes until a new Doctor takes over?

Not a bad episode, seemed to avoid the over-wokeishness which plagued much of the previous material, a shame Jodie only finally got some decent material to work with in her valedictory story.

The faces from the past always welcome and Janet Fielding's barbed comments were excellent.

Quite a turn up at the end, just wondering if they are having cold feet about Ncuti and his tenure will be less than Liz Truss at No.10!

Last edited:
Not a bad episode, seemed to avoid the over-wokeishness which plagued much of the previous material, a shame Jodie only finally got some decent material to work with in her valedictory story.

The faces from the past always welcome and Janet Fielding's barbed comments were excellent.

Quite a turn up at the end, just wondering if they are having cold feet about Ncuti and his tenure will be less than Liz Truss at No.10!
No cold feet at all. David is simply back for the 60th anniversary and the episodes will air in November next year with Ncuti taking over at the end ans taking up tenur in December.

I just watched it. I haven't seen any episodes since after the first few of Jodie Whittaker. I just couldn't take to her as the Doctor so I stopped watching. I still couldn't today and only watched because I heard about the surprise twist at the end of this one. I just don't think she had the gravitas to play the character.

The episode was OK. Better than I expected and it was nice to see some old faces. But...

Are they really doing the Daleks and Cybermen again? It's utterly boring to keep seing them again and again,

I just watched it. I haven't seen any episodes since after the first few of Jodie Whittaker. I just couldn't take to her as the Doctor so I stopped watching. I still couldn't today and only watched because I heard about the surprise twist at the end of this one. I just don't think she had the gravitas to play the character.
Funnily enough its gravitas that is my worry with Ncuti, he's a good actor, was superb in Sex Education but I just feel that he wont translate well to Dr Who.

You didnt watch any episode but one, how have you come to this conclusion?
On the contrary, I compared it from 1970's episodes, to post 2010 episodes.

This was quite poor. The 1970's, 1980's, post 2005 may not have had the special effects, but they had way better acting, original stories than that finale. I just hope Doctors 14 and 15 fare better.

If the clothes are regenerating as well as the appearance of a same but different version of the Doctor suggests that this regeneration is different and it may pave the way for more old/different versions of the Doctor appearing before Ncuti Gatwa depending on which actor is up for it. I think both Christopher Eccelston and Peter Capaldi both have said they don't like the specials with too many Doctors around, but if the Doctor is switching to different old/different versions of himself due to a regeneration problem and each actor is the only Doctor each time then they may be interested in being involved. It would be cool if David Troughton and Sean Pertwee were persuaded to be versions of their Dads incarnations - it would send the fans into a frenzy.

Back
Top Bottom