Doctor Who

Apparently Disney are marketing this as season 1 - has the BBC been mugged lol.

Lots of the usual culture wars nonsense (pro nouns, abortion, refugees and public spending cuts zzzzzzz) but despite this it seems the show is now aimed squarely at kids as it should be.

It's squarely aimed at brainwashing kids.

Last edited:
Apparently Disney are marketing this as season 1 - has the BBC been mugged lol.

Lots of the usual culture wars nonsense (pro nouns, abortion, refugees and public spending cuts zzzzzzz) but despite this it seems the show is now aimed squarely at kids as it should be.
It's never been aimed at kids. It's a family show.

The beeb are calling it season 1 too as is Russell. Its the first season of a new era.

Personally I enjoyed Devils Chord a lot more than Space Babies. The Doctor actually scared of the Maestro and who they were related to.

What the hell did I just watch...? Can I please have two hours of my life back, BBC.

Not sure what that was, but it was not Dr. Who. Awful stories, awful writing, awful acting. More like a pantomime than light sci fi. Okay Devil's Chord had a couple of darker moments but I spent most of the episode trying to work out whether Maestro was being played by a real woman or a guy in drag.

Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee must be turning in their creative graves and the remaining former Doctors shaking their heads.

Think back to the 70's with the third doctor, straight in with the Autons, then the Silurians and the Sea Devils. That's Dr Who.

And our fears from the Xmas special seem to be confirmed, Ncuti just doesn't have the charisma and gravitas to pull off the role. He's basically a buffoon who makes Sylvester McCoy and Jodie Whitaker look good in the role.

The only glimmer of hope was the quick glimpse at Ep 3 which looks like it could be moving into more serious territory, but it will have to rock and then some to overcome the dire disappointment of Eps 1 and 2.

Last edited:
What the hell did I just watch...? Can I please have two hours of my life back, BBC.

Not sure what that was, but it was not Dr. Who. Awful stories, awful writing, awful acting. More like a pantomime than light sci fi. Okay Devil's Chord had a couple of darker moments but I spent most of the episode trying to work out whether Maestro was being played by a real woman or a guy in drag.

Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee must be turning in their creative graves and the remaining former Doctors shaking their heads.

Think back to the 70's with the third doctor, straight in with the Autons, then the Silurians and the Sea Devils. That's Dr Who.

And our fears from the Xmas special seem to be confirmed, Ncuti just doesn't have the charisma and gravitas to pull off the role. He's basically a buffoon who makes Sylvester McCoy and Jodie Whitaker look good in the role.

The only glimmer of hope was the quick glimpse at Ep 3 which looks like it could be moving into more serious territory, but it will have to rock and then some to overcome the dire disappointment of Eps 1 and 2.
You couldn't work that out?? It was announced long ago that Jinx Monsoon had a role in the series.

Ncuti certainly does have charisma and gravitas to portray the Doctor.

I'm sure Boom, the title of the next episode. Is written by Steven Moffat.

Ru Paul's Doctor Who...

It's faaabulous Dahhhhling!

:cry:

What the hell is going on with TV lately, every show has some LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ person playing a role.

Seriously what happened to normality. I am up for presentation but for the love of humanity, what happened to the binary people…it’s like they don’t exist anymore in TV or films to that matter. What happened to representation of 9billion people on this planet or the 90% (supposedly) Uk population.

What about role models for our heterosexual boys and girls. And all they see on TV are lead roles who follies and fraternise with same sex or as sexually fluid/ambiguous as a Cameleon. How to do explain such things to adolescence when thing are complicated as it is when it is just man and woman.

Last edited:
What the hell is going on with TV lately, every show has some LGBTQRSTUVWXYZ person playing a role.

Seriously what happened to normality. I am up for presentation but for the love of humanity, what happened to the binary people…it’s like they don’t exist anymore in TV or films to that matter. What happened to representation of 9billion people on this planet or the 90% (supposedly) Uk population.

What about role models for our heterosexual boys and girls. And all they see on TV are lead roles who follies and fraternise with same sex or as sexually fluid/ambiguous as a Cameleon. How to do explain such things to adolescence when thing are complicated as it is when it is just man and woman.
Yes it's very sad. Missus was watching Dead Boy Detectives on one of the streaming channels and the same thing - not one of the characters seemed to be in a "straight" relationship. I get it that in our enlightened society minorities have to be represented, racially, sexually, whatever - not a problem. But there needs to be proportion and perspective with the majority who are not from those groups.

As regards Dr Who, well fairly obvious the BBC seem to be going out of their way to exclude over 40, caucasian heterosexuals which is fine - but for god's sake, whoever you are casting needs to be able to act and you still need to tell a decent story. I'm not expecting The Expanse but what we saw last night even makes ST Discovery look good!

Back
Top Bottom