Doctor Who

Soldato
correlation sometimes implies causality

50810719107_5988b20556_o_d.jpg

another measure .. I've started so I'll finish ?

50897836567_834623efc2_z_d.jpg

(yes not sure the line fit is significant/appropriate)

edit: couldn't dind one that also shows series average

Last edited:
Soldato
Can you imagine dr who as a cross between Jonny English and Columbo, that’s what that death in Paradise show is like.

Kris has the charisma of a dead fish. I am not sure if his rendition of the Doctor will bore Cyberman and Daleks to death or just stare at them and hoping they will vapourise by out living them and out breathing them. Or start to give them the crazy eye look and hope that fries their circuits.

Soldato
I watched a few episodes of death in paradise as I randomly channel surfed into it. Not impressive with the show or the actors portray. Just a really poor run of classic detective genre.

I also remember him largely from my family. Great show - he was a grumpy lacklustre teenager or post teenager dude with some kind of mental capacity handicap.

not great charisma...can’t really imagine him upping the game to fill the role either. O well, there is talk of show being cancelled as well so who knows what will happen. But one thing for sure, the show isn’t going to improve.

XPE

XPE

Soldato
O well, there is talk of show being cancelled as well so who knows what will happen. But one thing for sure, the show isn’t going to improve.

They are not going to cancel it with Jodie in the role, they will replace her give it a year then cancel it. The biggest clue will be when chibnal leaves.

Soldato
Quite literally no idea who Olly Alexander is.
But as with any new Doctor, willing to give him a fair shake and see what he can do in the role.

Honestly just glad Jodie is finally going.
Haven't seen a single episode since the end of Jodie's 1st season since she (and the writing) killed the show dead.

Permabanned
You think he got the part as he is a good actor and fits the part or as he is Gay? ;)

BBC have not learned by last Doc's drop in viewers to stop the PC BS.

Soldato
You think he got the part as he is a good actor and fits the part or as he is Gay? ;)

BBC have not learned by last Doc's drop in viewers to stop the PC BS.

Are you asking me?
Honestly, I don't know and I don't care. Doesn't matter.

When he's on screen he's an actor and I wanna see if he can act in an interesting way and bring some life to the role.
What he does off screen is none of my business and I don't wanna waste any time pondering about it :)

Soldato
Well you are more the fool if you think he got it for any other reason, I gave up on it.

Yeah, but that's the point, I'm not thinking ANYTHING about the decisions that got him the role and trying to join one side of the fight or the other.
The true fool is the one who wastes energy thinking any of this offscreen drama matters when all we want to see is a time traveling God fight robots :D

Maybe he'll knock it out of the park.
Maybe he'll be the worst Doctor ever.
Let's wait and see, and not waste any energy arguing about BBC diversity decisions and other such nonsense, that's all I'm saying :)

Soldato
I have heard of him. Through his singing with Years and Years and from It's a Sin. He was utterly fantastic on the show. So I think he could pull it off if it's true.

It's a sin actually has a Doctor Who scene. The show is about the aids epidemic of the 80s and his character in the show is an actor and one scene has his acting against some Daleks.

If he is indeed the new Doctor them I feel he could be a great fit for it. However if they make it all about the doctor being gay and mention it constantly then it may be terrible.

All I know is I've seen him before and he was really good. It's a sin won loads of awards for its acting and its portrayal of the aids virus and what happened in the 80s.

Man of Honour
I have heard of him. Through his singing with Years and Years and from It's a Sin. He was utterly fantastic on the show. So I think he could pull it off if it's true.

It's a sin actually has a Doctor Who scene. The show is about the aids epidemic of the 80s and his character in the show is an actor and one scene has his acting against some Daleks.

If he is indeed the new Doctor them I feel he could be a great fit for it. However if they make it all about the doctor being gay and mention it constantly then it may be terrible.

All I know is I've seen him before and he was really good. It's a sin won loads of awards for its acting and its portrayal of the aids virus and what happened in the 80s.

As you've seen him in a role before, what sort of Dr do you think he will be most like? Are we thinking a David Tennant/Matt Smith era return to form, or more a Colin Baker/Sylvester Mccoy tryhard wackiness

Soldato
If he gets the role based on his acting ability and 'fit' for the Doctor Who character, then great. But if it's simply because he is gay and we are going to see the gender message throughout, then why?

I watch throwaway TV as a distraction and escapism, not to have "aren't the BBC great, multi-cultural, current woke topic" BS messages.

I stuck through the crap that was JW's Doctor, this may be a bit too much - but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom