1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does anyone else have no friends?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AHarvey, Sep 17, 2016.

1. The Judge

Wise Guy

Just my family are the only people I care about. Any friends I ever had only seemed to drop the brown sticky stuff on me from great heights.

2. m4rmite

Gangster

Who needs ( is allowed) friends when you are married?:eek:

3. randomshenans

Capodecina

Good third post.

4. platinum87

Mobster

I do feel grateful it is true, but that makes me nervous and agitated.

I burn bridges, even ones i am standing on.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  5. BowdonUK

Mobster

6. malachi

Sgarrista

It's really not that hard to make friends........

7. FishLicker

Wise Guy

Just reading the comments on there, seems a fairly common scenario that bloke gets GF or gets married, thinks he doesn’t need his mates anymore, and then it all goes **** up and suddenly they’re lonely. Even seen it in my own circles. When I got together with my GF, I made it clear that I would see my mates at least once a week. Maybe not always at all times, but I would do that. She didn’t like it at first. 11 years later, she virtually kicks me out of the door :D I think if you want to have mates you’ve got to put the effort in. It doesn’t just come to you on a plate. Even then, I don’t have dozens of mates, probably about 6 really good mates, and a fair few acquaintances.

8. windheaven

Gangster

my wife is my friend

9. no idea what

Sgarrista

I have friends, but pretty much, in fact, all of them are people I have met online over the years, and the majority don't live locally so see them 2-3 times a year. Doesn't bother me to be honest, I'm quite fond of my own company. Not the sort to want to go out every week.

10. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

That's because you won't stop telling her about the issues with your Pixel :D

11. BowdonUK

Mobster

I think this is exactly it.

I've noticed on facebook that when a guy gets with a girl, suddenly shes changing his account name to include hers, and or creating a new account name for them both. Then she'll not invite certain people. I've lost "friends", even family members on facebook for that reason. I don't think many guys can see how manipulative it is, until the dream turns to a nightmare and now they are back on their lonesome and find friends have disappeared.

12. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

That sounds bonkers!

13. 233

Capodecina

lost touch with all my close mates when i relocated east coast to west coast.

pretty much have a wife who tolerates me kids who may or may not notice if i were to die depending what was trending on tiktok at that particular moment, and then i have dogs :)
    whatever anyone says its spot on that dogs are a mans best friend. need someone to talk to ? Dog, need an exercise buddy? Dog. want someone to curl up on the couch with and eat dog biscuits err well that could be kids or the dogs in fairness.

in all seriousness though its not a great position to be in i actually wish i had some proper hobbys to actually get out and make some new friends but between work and family theres never enough hours in the day it seems

14. tek81

Wise Guy

I have a handful of friends that I see every month or so for a night out, and a bunch of acquaintances that I'm forced to be sociable with; cos of work. Suits me, however I still feel like a loner.

15. FishLicker

Wise Guy

Ha ha, she was getting pretty sick of it like, although she did pretty much stop me throwing it in the river at one point :D

16. Solus

Hitman

I think it's that the UK as a whole lives such a busy life people eventually become less acquainted and more with work/ family/ kids.

When I meet up with who I still call my mates, we take off where we left off. It's never awkward and we are all still the same people inside.

I think alot of men struggle with this, I still do tbh, but it's what happens. I think men always want male companionship, nothing like it and nothing can replace it.

17. wigster

Hitman

My advice don't have a crazy life when you are young and don't get involved with a bit of a mixed up person, My problem was I got drunk one night and had sex with someone I didn't really know and bang she was pregnant. My life ended from that point. Now 18 years later I have to start fresh.

18. malachi

Sgarrista

Wise words!

19. Cleisthenes

Sgarrista

This is my greatest fear

20. Narj

Capodecina

I have so many friends who are starting from scratch in their 40s and 50s because they put their dick in the wrong person. It's depressing :D

It's odd how I used to have social circles of about 30+ people per group but now I only have 4 people I would call proper friends. Another 5 I would call dependable acquaintances. As you get older, other people just seem like a lot of hassle IMO :p