Does something need to be done about dogs?

Licenses are licenses. Apologies if your single digit IQ is struggling with that. I mean I literally can't make it any clearer really.
That's pretty low IQ posting tbh. Fishing license is totally different to a driving license. The consequences of getting it wrong, the prospect of getting caught, etc.

Motor vehicles are not dogs. Stick to the topic.

You can see his point though right? In order to be alowed to use a potentially dangerous peice of equipment in public you must undertake basic training or pass a test proving you are capable of doing so safely.

A dog is certainly a potentialy dangerous peice of equipment, biological rather than mechanical, but used in industry, law enforcement and military sectors too. Undergoing compulsary basic training or passing a test before being in charge of one in public would be a good idea.

Especially as say lack of maintainence harms a dog much more than it does a car or a 125cc

Keep going - and use my fishing license example :D

A fishing license is important to alow for the monitoring and maintaining of the welfare of the animals in the waters, a dog license is important to alow for monitoring and maintaining the welfare of dogs?

That work for ya?

Obviously more comparable ones would be car license, crane/forklift etc license, electrical certifications, gas safe etc as they are more focused on the risk of the equipment and operators skills etc but a dog license could be used as a welfare tool so some cross over with the fish molesters

A fishing license is important to alow for the monitoring and maintaining of the welfare of the animals in the waters, a dog license is important to alow for monitoring and maintaining the welfare of dogs?

That work for ya?
And how does paying 17 quid online and getting a piece of paper do any of that? :cry:

You can see his point though right? In order to be alowed to use a potentially dangerous peice of equipment in public you must undertake basic training or pass a test proving you are capable of doing so safely.

A dog is certainly a potentialy dangerous peice of equipment, biological rather than mechanical, but used in industry, law enforcement and military sectors too. Undergoing compulsary basic training or passing a test before being in charge of one in public would be a good idea.

Especially as say lack of maintainence harms a dog much more than it does a car or a 125cc

No, he literally cannot grasp it. Seemingly nor can dlockers!

And how does paying 17 quid online and getting a piece of paper do any of that? :cry:

Because it is an extra step. By taking even a small step like that you are showing a level of responsibility in an of itself. Couple it with a competency test, whether written or practical and you're off to a winner!

Monitors and limits numbers to prevent over fishing.

Provides an immediate legal opertunity for people without licenses to be removed unlike a "permision" system.

By making it a criminal situation police can get involved more easily and quickly to move on trouble makers.

So for dogs that would be things like having insurance, the removal of your license for violating terms allowing dog to be seized, or if you don't have a license dog can be taken then and there and secured immediately this deals woth the "irresponsible owners who just won't bother" more quickly than current civil proceedings

But yeah like I said it's more akin to a safety license than an animal welfare license.

Anecdotal rather than taken from a census if you will. I just notice it when being about and about in lots of different places.

So when you stated, 'Dog ownership in the UK is disproportionately high when compared with other countries.' You have no idea if that is true and just made it up :confused:

A responsible owner would know what the dog needs - what ever restraints are requited without the need for a licence. The irresponsible owners wouldn't one anyway.

Monitors and limits numbers to prevent over fishing.

Provides an immediate legal opertunity for people without licenses to be removed unlike a "permision" system.

By making it a criminal situation police can get involved more easily and quickly to move on trouble makers
The argument was licenses are licenses. I don't doubt they can put in effect and lead to the benefits you are saying (driving licenses), but the poster who said licenses won't work because those who disobey will disobey regardless is totally true.

So when you stated, 'Dog ownership in the UK is disproportionately high when compared with other countries.' You have no idea if that is true and just made it up :confused:
:cry::cry::cry: welcome to OCUK 2022

I *feel* it therefore *it must be*

The argument was licenses are licenses. I don't doubt they can put in effect and lead to the benefits you are saying (driving licenses), but the poster who said licenses won't work because those who disobey will disobey regardless is totally true.

:cry::cry::cry: welcome to OCUK 2022

I *feel* it therefore *it must be*

So then why do we have licenses for anything?

Back
Top Bottom