• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

DON'T Waste Your Money On RTX!! "video title"

Soldato
Doesn`t RTX drop your framerate by about 50%? So a £1000 GPU performs like a £400 GPU?

That cost is huge. If the average gamer has 3 RTX games, then is costs £200 extra to per game to have RTX on.

Cyberpunk without RTX £49.99
Cyberpunk with RTX £249.99

Yes, the overhead is huge. Which is why I don’t use “RTX” on my 3080. IMO, it’s not worth the overhead, much to the annoyance of some people I know lol. I only have Cyberpunk to go on though.

You can recover some of the loss by using DLSS but not much without creating a blurry mess. DLSS “Quality” setting in Cyberpunk is good, balanced is okay but beyond that it’s too noticeable.

Raytracing in general still needs to mature, and developers need to implement it better in some cases.

Soldato
some games genuinely give you advantage from playing at lower resolutions, most CS GO players use sillow low 4:3 resolutions and then stretch the picture making it easier to pop headshots, i am with you on the shadows, its helpful even on games like Apex and Warzone, my biggest pet peeve is most anti aliasing applications nowadays, its awful on most modern games making the game look blurry.

Ah CS:GO - still a goto shooter for many; guess lower resolutions on an old game may still be better. I used to play Tactical Ops which was similar to CS:GO - where my love of online multiplayer FPS started on 56k dial up!

Glad someone else mentions AA. I cant get rid of the bluriness in INsurgency Sandstorm in the peripheral on screen view to go away. Even with AA off it's still there. I have seen it mentioned in the forum of this game. Dang annoying!

Soldato
Nice word salad.

I never claimed that those items you listed is an art.

Yet ironically texturing is literally the process of manipulating light absorbtion, emission and reflection on a per material basis to achieve a look that is desired.

I'll say it again RT is nothing more than tool for artist to use

Well those things I listed IS ray tracing - you say RT is a tool for artists. I thought artists practiced the arts. RT is like a paintbrush then - who knew.

V F

V F

Soldato
Don't see where I said anything about shooters and easier to see enemies.

In fact shadows on some games help as you can see their shadow before the player. You can in insurgency sandstorm anyway. And in that game you get 120fps @ 4k too with max settings and potato resolution enhancements OFF. And the same for properly raytraced refelctions in real time - reflections would help too. Just most first person shooters don't have RT anyway. AT distance they wont make that much of a difference.

4k resolution is what you need to spot enemies and a GPU that can handle greater drawing distances. I'm always asked how I see folk at distance - slightest movement. Maybe at low res it helps but @ 4k the resolution can pick out movement very well.

And I guess you are graphical enhancements anti-christ as you turn everything off to get an advantage - bet you turn off foliage too?

Yes I want shadows and reflections in single player games. Many fps like PUBG stopped people turning off stuff (foliage cover I remember) - particularly at distance to get an advantage as it's akin to cheating really. Just git gud.

HDR bad no uise as turn off HDR to stop folk hiding in blacks. Turn off textures so easier to see people against plain awful looking backgrounds.

In any FPS MP - map knowledge will outweigh turning off graphical options all day long.

Yes. Of course. :D Foliage off. I want to see heads peeking behind bushes and from the grass. Colour vibrance maxed on the monitor. A little over sharpening but not too much for wringing for pixel peeping. As well as raising the black levels and gamma for those hiding in the dark behind boxes.

I have a fps sweat mode on my monitor when I'm in the mood. Because of this I can usually spot people peeking corners before they know what has happened. If not desync getting me killed. All while at 200 - 400fps at 1080p native. Including custom crosshairs I can draw built into the monitor.

These really aren't new things. People were doing this back in 1999 in Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament. Even players like Fatal1ty and such turned all things off to win tournaments. Only difference was people stuck their own crosshairs back on their CRTs back then.

They want max visibility and low input as possible. Who wouldn't?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes. Of course. :D Foliage off. I want to see heads peeking behind bushes and from the grass. Colour vibrance maxed on the monitor. A little over sharpening but not too much for wringing for pixel peeping. As well as raising the black levels and gamma for those hiding in the dark behind boxes.

I have a fps sweat mode on my monitor when I'm in the mood. Because of this I can usually spot people peeking corners before they know what has happened. If not desync getting me killed. All while at 200 - 400fps at 1080p native. Including custom crosshairs I can draw built into the monitor.

These really aren't new things. People were doing this back in 1999 in Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament. Even players like Fatal1ty and such turned all things off to win tournaments. Only difference was people stuck their own crosshairs back on their CRTs back then.

They want max visibility and low input as possible. Who wouldn't?

Just gotta take the pee for a sec but this; I have a fps sweat mode on my monitor when I'm in the mood. Because of this I can usually spot people peeking corners before they know what has happened.

So you can see people before they've (another human, not bot) decided to peek round the corner? Or are you mistaking people with terrible ping vs yours, or visa versa?

Did you mean 'sweat' mode on the monitor? What is this or manufacturer? - I'm genuinely intrigued. Or 'sweet' mode?

A friend told me years ago his brother drew a high vis dot on his montor. I just thought ' jeez, who wants to look at that? Always made me chuckle as I'm not that competitive.

I have crosshairs in this monitor and I did try it - really, on many occasions - but it loses immersiveness for me. Too many years not using any cross hair 'hacks' where the game doesn't supply them.....I can't look at that. You must be used to it as I am without.

200-400 fps@ 1080p? I think I'd be looking at 1440p if I was chucking those 1080p framerates.

Raising black levels and gamma - well, may as well tell all developers to bin off HDR too.

I'm just not that competitive that I'd rather look at crap just to get an advantage.

A good FPS to me, should be immersive. PUBG had this bang on in it's first year. Any low TTD shooter and I'm there and what BF3 and BF4 had right early on.

Guess I prefer more realism to modern day, rather than some of the battle royals with high TTK and perks etc.

Each to their own and if lots are still doing these 'advantage hacks' then DANG I GUD.

Back
Top Bottom