Doom Eternal

Soldato
Some annoying pointless bits. Purple goo, Swimming section, and some of the platforming sections, and slow sections. Thankfully most of it is in small doses. I'm not a fan of the ammo restriction and the constant need for chainsawing yourself out of trouble. Not a fan of the Jedi sword either. I just want to blast stuff (bascailly, a return to the old Doom, while keeping some of the core mechanics). Will try Nightmare or master levels with infinite ammo for a laugh.Still not comfortable with the weapon swap mechanic, but I like the concept. Besides that, combat is fun. some levels are better than others.

8/10.

Soldato
Just finished Doom 2016 in preparation for this, thought it was a great Doom reboot. But am very interested in the direction it looks like they've taken with Eternal, expanding it to be a bit more Quake like. Without any spoilers, did people find the story satisfying generally? Think that will be the deciding factor for me

It's a bit cheesy at times, but it expands nicely from the Doom 2016 story. Surprisingly coherent. The lore is explored more. There is still some room left for Doom 3 : Extermination.

Soldato
That’s me giving up on Doom Eternal. What an absolutely crap game this is especially compared to Doom 2016. I can’t believe what an absolute hatchet job has been done here. A brilliant game has been absolutely gutted and handed over to the interns at Bethesda who have done bog all to it. ******* Mario jumping about the the place nonsense and absolutely no ******* ammo!!!! Crap, crap, crap.

Soldato
That’s me giving up on Doom Eternal. What an absolutely crap game this is especially compared to Doom 2016. I can’t believe what an absolute hatchet job has been done here. A brilliant game has been absolutely gutted and handed over to the interns at Bethesda who have done bog all to it. ******* Mario jumping about the the place nonsense and absolutely no ******* ammo!!!! Crap, crap, crap.

Which bit are you stuck on? Maybe we can help.

Soldato

I hate the jumping bits and the ammo management too. But weirdly the game actually gets easier as you go along. Once you acquire some weapons and upgrades anyway. Although I'm stuck on the second boss right now.

Man of Honour
I finally completed this last night, the last fight was brutal. I swear it went on for about 45 mins. Overall, I really loved the game, great looking and utterly buttery smooth with everything on max, terrific game engine. I preferred it over Doom 2016, although I liked that one too. Its been a big success so I expect a 3rd title. The jumping was a little OTT in places but I was able to tolerate those. Loved the Fortress. I personally think the 49.99 pricepoint is very much overpriced though for what the game is, but 49.99 does seem to be increasingly becoming the norm for big titles. Thankfully I got the game for £29.99 which I think is a much more apt pricepoint for the game.

Man of Honour
I thought the Icon Sin fight was really easy to be fair. Manic but just keep moving and you will be fine or do you mean the whole stage?

Not so much brutal as in difficulty, more brutal in just how long it took. The actual fight was fairly easy, in fact to be honest I had more difficulty with all the trash mobs that were spawning than the boss itself but it took me ages to finally win. Easy enough but looooong.

Caporegime
I am still on that last fight, spent ages on the first half as I kept getting distracted by fighting all of the other monsters and would inadvertently run into a giant fist :p

On the second part now, just need to be more aggressive and be done with it.

Soldato
This game is so hard even on normal difficulty (2nd choice). I've watched some of the Ultra Violence or whatever the hardest difficulty is gameplay and you need some super human skill to beat the game.

Associate
The fast travel is so annoying. I had one more Slayer Gate to do and forgot to fast travel and now I can't go back to the Slayers Crib to get the Khan Mayker! I will have to do the whole level again. Out of the 8 maps I have done I have missed about 50% of the fast travel and had to do the whole level again for secrets/powerups I missed.

Associate
So there was an update for this game. HDR bug is fixed with auto map. But if I use HDR my fps tank from 120 to 50-60, same as before the patch. Not sure what is going on here.

Back
Top Bottom