Double DIN ICE - Pioneer FH-P80BT

Lum

Lum

Soldato
But tapes are ghastly things and surely they've all been chewed up and spat out a long time ago ;)

They are, but every now and again I end up in a hire car (or an old banger I've bought) that has a tape deck, and I end up digging out all the old rave tapes I used to listen to while I was in school, having forgotten how good they were.

Soldato
Just wondered how you guys were getting on with the Pioneer Double Din? I've just got a new car and fancied getting one.
Ta.

Still loving it mate...so easy to use, so many functions and damn nice looking...i havent heard anybody not say 'wow, that is amazing'. Sound quality is excellent and i have an amp/sub hooked up too and it sounds immense. Only downside is that it is a finger print magnet but dont let that put you off. If you got an odd £200 to spend and dont need sat-nav then its the one to get.

Associate
Awesome, thanks! and it was easy enough to put in the Celica? I've just picked up a Celica so any help regarding fitting it would be great! Thanks.

Associate
Nice one, thanks a lot! Yep, I've got a Gen 7 (140)... Couldn't agree more, great to drive, great all round really!

Didn't realise there was an audio section on celica-club.co.uk... registered there a while back too! Going to hopefully pick this double din up soon :) Thanks again.

Associate
Naan H... did you have to buy any additional adaptor cables to get the head unit to work? or should it just be okay with what the celica currently has? Thanks!

Soldato
Sorry for the delayed response; yes i did buy an adaptor,was about a tenner i think. Also make sure you keep the surround casing from when you remove the old sony one, its needed to fill the gap that is left when the new unit is in.

Nikumba - lights only remain blue im afraid - i wish it was red as the celica dash is red, but its not a big deal (for me).

Associate
Looking at getting this myself, as it seems a bargain for the price.

How quick is the HU when navigating through folder structures on an external Hard Drive?

is there much/any lag and Does it display all the ID tags correctly?

Also, i doubt it, but does it support playlists?

Cheers,

Tucks

Soldato
I have not used anything other than my 60gb ipod, but it is pretty quick at navigating playlists on the ipod. And it supports the playlists on the ipod fine. If i have some time later i got a spare usb stick lying around and ill give it a try :)

Associate
Hi I was wondering if anyone could help me out, I want this unit but I've not been able to confirm if this unit has the feature "passenger control mode" ie it lets you change the song/artist via the ipod? Can anyone help?

Soldato
Hi guys bit of a thread revival but im looking to get an iphone 3GS. Was wondering how it works with the headunit? my N95 works perfectly with the system for bluetooth-audio, and for navigating my phonebook and calling via bluetooth. I assume the ipod side of things will work, but i need to make sure the phone side works too - can anybody shed more light on the situation?

Back
Top Bottom