Double DIN ICE - Pioneer FH-P80BT

Associate
does the included one actually go in a celica? cause the edges look sharp rather than rounded like the celicas..

any idea where i could get one like yours?

or what you got it with

thanks.

Soldato
does the included one actually go in a celica? cause the edges look sharp rather than rounded like the celicas..

any idea where i could get one like yours?

or what you got it with

thanks.

i cant remember exactly cos its been a couple of years, but i dont think the one in the box will fit a celica - as you say it is sharp, but not as thick as the celica one - and would therefore leave it a little exposed. have you got a celica?

Might be worth trying a scrapyard?? would really know elsewhere to be honest :(

Soldato
System works perfectly with iPhone 4 , I have one :) . My celica is a 2000; I think the fascia is different in your model and this one won't work, but I'm not sure about that.

Not sure about that fascia looks nothing like mine

Associate
ahh i cant find any anywhere...just got it today..gonna put it on and then work on a fascia from there...

iphone 4..brilliant...thanks...ps. have you jailbreaked?

Soldato
was looking at this unit to replace the standard cd player in my mk 3 mondeo. Ideally though I would want to replace the speakers as well which means taking the door panels off. The last time I did that (on a Vectra) it led to an epic fail, door rattled like mad afterwards and drove me crazy.

Soldato
Mmmm double din goodness, I want one to get rid of the standard crap thing in my corolla and stupid sat nav system thats 5 years old but looks like its from the early 90's and uses a full size DVD player for maps :confused:

Only thing that puts me off, knuckle draggers having a go at it, surely they see a shiny thing it leads them to want to try to obtain it

Associate
that is NOM

CAD are the cheapest place for this? also have the celica so its nice to see what it looks like fitted. Im just checking if it will also fit a 350z since i plan to change car early next year

Soldato
ahh i cant find any anywhere...just got it today..gonna put it on and then work on a fascia from there...

iphone 4..brilliant...thanks...ps. have you jailbreaked?

I think the reason the fascia cant be found is cos the pre-facelift celica model (mine) came with a double-din sony unit - and the fascia is from that unit. the facelift models (ie yours) had a different more standard stereo like you get in all toyotas - so i think you will have a very hard time getting my one - and i dont think it would fit your double din space anyway.

Yep jailbreaked and works no fine - can also use via bluetooth audio but you lose playlist menu navigation functionality this way - so usb is way better as it charges the phone too.

Only thing that puts me off, knuckle draggers having a go at it, surely they see a shiny thing it leads them to want to try to obtain it

in the 2 years i have had it - no attempts at breaking in - if thats anything to go by! anyway if they try taking it out they will have a hard time as its a lot of work to put it in - invloved removing the air condiitioning unit so im pretty sure they will struggle as you need an understanding of the car beforehand!

that is NOM

CAD are the cheapest place for this? also have the celica so its nice to see what it looks like fitted. Im just checking if it will also fit a 350z since i plan to change car early next year

what is NOM?

its a great unit for the celica - is also immense with a sub fitted :) - still going strong to the day, cant beleive they havent released a new version of this unit - and its gone up in price!! funny how you are looking at a 350z - so am i ! (when i have run this to the ground that is!)

any other questions guys let me know :)

Associate
thanks man..looking forward to it..gonna do it all friday got an amp and woofer too.

lets see how it goes.

last question. recommend any iphone mount? or do u just have yours lying around. i would like something for the tomtom. looking for something to mount with the usb..lets see.

Soldato
I have a Kensington mount that attaches to the windscreen, got it for about a tenner, think apple charge like £25 for it. It's adjustable and will take all iPhones and PDAs I think . It will also accommodate the USB cable. But I just leave it lying around. When I got the sub installed I got the installer to put the amp in the tools bay under the carpet in the boot, therefore leaving it all hidden :)

It might be worth sound deadening as mine rattles like hell - I just can't be bothered to waste any more money on it!

Soldato
yeah im considering running the celica into the ground too, but i want my 350z and two cars might be expensive to run (considering it tho)

The 350z has its own built in subwoofer i think (my mate has one - and it did look factory fitted) - it was ridiculously fast and LOUD!! for the number of miles i do it would not be economically viable!

Associate
I have this fitted in to my DC2, great head unit. I did have it in my Gen 7 Celica too, but can't seem to find a picture of that for the chap who wanted to see a pic of it installed.

Here is it in my Teg though. It is a massive fingerprint magnet :p
P1020611.jpg

Soldato
I have this fitted in to my DC2, great head unit. I did have it in my Gen 7 Celica too, but can't seem to find a picture of that for the chap who wanted to see a pic of it installed.

Here is it in my Teg though. It is a massive fingerprint magnet :p

there is a pic a page or two back in my celica. looks sweet mate -sorry for my ignorance is a Teg an integra?

Associate
hey just got mine fitted.

couple of quetions (sorry i really am)!
a. phonebook with iphone..does it not download?
b. bluetooth audio problems..i get a connection sometimes..telephone mode works fine but bluetooth audio doesnt...is it something to do with iphone 4?

Thanks

Soldato
It should download the phonebook, it did it with mine. I have found the Bluetooth audio to be a bit troublesome too- but I never use it cos

1) it sounds a little tinny
2) it drains battery
3) you can't navigate through the head unit

Back
Top Bottom