DPD Appointed New Couriers for Overclockers UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
Just a quick Q,
I placed a order Friday 11 Sep, 09 at 11:27 am. I asked to for my order to be deliverd on Monday (today).

I got the "your order has been shipped" email on Sat, 12 Sep 2009 at 09:24. Will I still get it today (Mon)? There is no details on the DPD tracking page. :(

Associate
Here's hoping DPD are Champions of Excellence when it comes to delivering, as I ordered my Titan Theo on Tuesday under the Next Day delivery, but specifying Thursday delivery as it's my day off. Now its Wednesday evening and its still classed as "In our warehouse queue." B'oh!

I'm really looking forward to this computer like one big eye. I hope it somehow comes tomorrow. Anyone know if items shipped in the morning somehow get to their destination by the end of the day? I'm not incredibly hopeful, seeing as I'm in Cardiff but... y'know, hope springs eternal. Think I'll give them a call in the morning.

Godspeed OCUK, DPD. Hope your wonderful machine, the first new PC I've bought in *choke* eight years, arrives soon!

Soldato
Does anyone know what this status means: "Delivered, signed for by LOA, using Saturn"?

I'm on holiday at the moment, and don't know what LOA stands for...I'm hoping that it means that it was signed for by my neighbour, rather than "left on arrival"...the thought of my lovely new motherboard being sat on the doorstep makes me sad!

Associate
"Letter of Authority"

ie: A signed note left out to say where the driver could leave it.

If you haven't left a note out I would call Overclockers and get them to find out where it has been left.

It's the sender who has the contract with DPD not you, & their responsibility to get the goods delivered to you.

Don't worry too much though, it may have been left in your greenhouse/shed/garage etc & be there for you when you return from your hols.

Soldato
"Letter of Authority"

ie: A signed note left out to say where the driver could leave it.

If you haven't left a note out I would call Overclockers and get them to find out where it has been left.

It's the sender who has the contract with DPD not you, & their responsibility to get the goods delivered to you.

Don't worry too much though, it may have been left in your greenhouse/shed/garage etc & be there for you when you return from your hols.

Excellent cheers...hope it's about, if not I'll have to get onto OCUK when I get home.

Associate
Just thought I'd give people the epic tale of my experiance with DPD... Bit of a hefty first post.

OcUK sent me a confirmation email around 6:00PM saying my order had been dispatched on Friday the 18th. The email said that I couldn't check DPD's tracking service until 8:00PM that day or the next working day. So on Monday night I checked it and DPD had collected my order at 6:04PM on the 21st. At 8:38 they confirmed it was at Hub 3 and by 3:10AM on the 22nd they had confirmed it at Hub1. So it appeared that everything was moving along swiftly, as you would expect from a 2 day delivery. Their site updated again at 9:58 on the 22nd to once again (annoyingly so) confirm the parcel was still at Hub1... And that was the last of the updates.

I assumed the order would arrive on Wednesday the 23rd as a friend of mine had ordered from OcUK a few weeks before with his order being collected by DPD on the Monday and landing on his door step on Wednesday at 9:00AM sharp. So I called DPD to enquire as to why my order hadn't shown up yet. I was told that it was a 2 day delivery and as such would arrive on the Thursday (Is Monday to Thursday not 4 days? or at least 3 not including the day the item was picked up.) Anyway, seeing as the site hadn't updated since around 10:00PM on Tuesday I wasn't holding my breath. Thursday rolls by and still no delivery so I call them again, the lady on the phone explained that there has been a delay but my parcel has now been forwarded to the Down depot (Northern Ireland) and that it will be received at 6:00AM and updated on the tracking website to be delivered on the Friday before 9:00AM... But if not, to call back again then. Her "but" comment didn't exactly fill me with confidence. So the parcel didn't show on Friday, no surprises. I called again, this time the lady on the phone told me that my order had in fact been sent to the wrong depot, it was now in Armagh. She called them and they said it would be forwarded to the Down depot and to call back in an hour just to check up. So I hung up and alas there where some updates on the website. 25th Sep 9:58AM redirected to depot, 9:59 parcel label applied. Because this depot is only 25 miles from my home I assumed they could easily have to the Down depot which is only 6 miles away for me to collect that day. WRONG. So I called back as the lady had told me to an hour or so later. The guy on the phone this time went to confirm that it would be in Down for today. He returned only to tell me that it had in fact been sent to the Antrim south depot which is a good hour and half journey for me all in. The guy told me that they where expecting it on Saturday and that I could go an collect it. I agreed to the long drive just to end this saga. He then advised against this because there was a fair chance that when I got there they would have not received it and since they're only open to 12:00pm on a Saturday it could be a waste of my time.

So the parcel has been arranged for delivery on Monday the 28th. I can honestly say I'm not to confident that it will show on Monday. This has probably been the longest "2 days" I've ever had to endure. I've since learned that DPD boast the biggest and most reliable parcel sorting operation in Europe (this Hub 3). For having such a place they're doing a fairly terrible job of getting my parcel to me.

Gog

Gog

Associate
Well, I certainly had an experience with DPD today.

I went for a Saturday delivery for a few bits so I can fix up my brother-in-law's PC as it is currently kaput (and a new MX revolution for myself ;) ) Anyhow, I missed the 8:15 delivery as I was working a night shift and didn't get home till 10:30. As the depot is less than 10 minutes walk from me, I rang the number on the card to request that I pick it up.

It's an automated system, and the only option it would let me choose was to pick up on Monday....

I found this thread and grabbed the direct number to the depot. Spoke to a helpful chap who took my phone number and said that he would phone me when the van came back in. That phone call never came......

Turns out he lost the slip of paper he had written my number on so he phoned the driver and asked him to pop in to me on his way back to the depot. About an hour later, my parcel was with a very surprised me.

So, a very satisfied customer here, and fantastic customer service from DPD. I've certainly had no other courier company be so helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom