Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Soldato
I really like him in small doses. I personally don't get the whole watch someone play games all day but like his small cut down clip's.

I prefer PewdieDiePie as I generally like his banter. Love the recent yoyoman video.

The amount of flack them pair get in mainstream gaming media is quite scarry.

Soldato
Loved seeing the doc back, watched him on off for a long time on twitch. I get why hes not some peoples cup of tea but personally i love him.

For anyone who watched him quite a lot over the years, behind the rustiness did you notice that he looked quite emotional at times, pretty sure he was gonna break character a few times but he held it together.

Production value is insane as always, really liked how he updated the transitions for his new sponsors and updated the rocky montage.

Is it true that becauise hes been banned on twitch that streamers Like TimTheTatman, Viss etc cant play with him on stream ad its against their contract terms? Kinda sucks as some of his best moments were those 3/4 player squad matches. Suppose he could hook back up with Shroud or Ninja on youtube and do pretty well.

Man of Honour
Is it true that becauise hes been banned on twitch that streamers Like TimTheTatman, Viss etc cant play with him on stream ad its against their contract terms? Kinda sucks as some of his best moments were those 3/4 player squad matches. Suppose he could hook back up with Shroud or Ninja on youtube and do pretty well.

Yeah, Twitch has a rule about promoting banned streamers, and playing with them counts as promotion, so we'll never see Timmy Tenders or nickmercs on his stream :( which is a damn shame

Soldato
Wow some people like to beat the same drum over and over.

He's not my type of entertainer personally but how can people not understand people being entertained by someone/something and wanting to contribute financially to that entertainment?

You may not like his persona/act but not understanding why people would pay for entertainment is just ignorance.

Soldato
I must be getting old, why are people throwing money at this person?

I'm not even old and I don't understand the fascination.

I suppose it's all subjective. I'd happily go and play £X to watch a comedian stand there and tell jokes for 2 hours. But I suppose some people would think that as an absolute waste, and would rather pay a streamer for some entertainment.

Soldato

I suppose it's all subjective. I'd happily go and play £X to watch a comedian stand there and tell jokes for 2 hours. But I suppose some people would think that as an absolute waste, and would rather pay a streamer for some entertainment.
Both cases sound so absurd and a total waste of money to me which shows its all about different tastes. If you put a gun on my head I would give money to the streamer as I find a standup comedians insufferable.

Man of Honour

Thats pretty much the crux of it right there, as you say some would pay money to be entertained by Al Murray or Micky Flanagan, some pay money to watch 22 guys kick a ball about for 90mins for entertainment, others watch streamers (and pay maybe - dont forget many watch without paying anything) for their entertainment. Its just another form of entertainment.

I haz 4090!
Don
I have to admit, I never watched this guy on twitch, but after he got banned and his vids were seemingly everywhere, I watched some highlight vids on his streams, and you cannot deny that the production quality of his streams are light years ahead of anything I've seen before. It's almost TV quality. He must spend so much on his production team, and it shows.

Soldato
Yeah, the production quality is very good. I just watched the highlights video from yesterday and they've got some great motion graphics and effects. I can appreciate the world building that's going on with the artwork, design, music etc. that goes along with the persona.

I do like how much of the production quality is well done low quality stuff too, so it's slightly cheesy, which makes it fun.

I'm not into the streaming scene and have only started to research twitch a bit recently and it does seem like the Doc is more of an overall entertainer than a simple gamer or commentator.

I'm still a little unsure about him as a person though as it seems he was talking about controversial stuff in the final stream. Including discussing conspiracy theorist David Icke, who was banned from YouTube recently for spreading misinformation about Covid 19.
Also going on about shungite crystals and 5G, more than if it was just for a bit. Plus there's the whole cheating on his wife thing. I don't watch him enough to know how serious that stuff was, but if he's entertaining a young impressionable audience it sounds like a weird topic to include.

Back
Top Bottom