Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Man of Honour
I don't disagree but this spreads to all those who scoff at people who enjoy reality TV like love island, big brother etc. There seems to be this double standard across the forum regarding this.

It reminds me of the Reddit superiority complex I always see. So many disparaging comments about Facebook and social media in general being posted on a major social media site. They don't like to acknowledge Reddit is infact just that.

Very true, I mean I despise stuff like love island and big brother but I can at least "understand" why some people would watch it. Its the folks who say stuff like "I dont understand why people watch <insert item>" , its like really? you literally dont understand it? One thing to not "get it" or "agree with it" but dont understand it??

Soldato
People can bake cakes but still watch Great British Bake Off, people can go fishing but still watch Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer fishing, people can go for weekend breaks but still watch Richard Ayaode on Travel Man. The list goes on, those people watch those things not because they cant do them but for the same reason that some watch streamers...entertainment. Many streamers arent to a lot of peoples tastes but its more bizarre to me that intelligent folk cant understand it, than it is bizarre to actually watch it.

Great post, this should be said to so many people who choose not to engage their brain.

Associate
Sounds staged to me. :o

I don't mind Twitch, haven't watched for ages, when I do, it's usually the GOG streamers, as you can learn some decent tips about getting the most out of a retro game.

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Gaming is literally one of the biggest markets in the world so it's no wonder they've made eSports and more passive entertainment from it. Do I care much for it? No. But I understand it. Am I jealous I have no personality and didn't use my gaming hobby to build the career the aforementioned banned steamer has, absolutely!

Man of Honour
Am I jealous I have no personality and didn't use my gaming hobby to build the career the aforementioned banned steamer has, absolutely!

Personality helps but a lot of it is finding something that interests people and having the confidence to speak to the camera.

EDIT: It has been interesting actually watching 1-2 people who produced content that didn't involve them being in the video who built up a following but then were persuaded to do some on camera stuff and go from no personality/awkward to finding their confidence and ability to entertain people on camera.

Soldato
I'm going to live stream myself playing golf next week,do you want to watch?

Edit:
I'm not really...

I stream golf on twitch at times, you'll be amazed how many people watch and get involved. Some of the really popular golf streamers get over 1k views at times.

Like any game, people tune in to streams to view the game before a purchase, ask about tips, chat about thoughts, see how performance is etc etc. It's a great way to find all that info out live right there and then.

Caporegime
I stream golf on twitch at times, you'll be amazed how many people watch and get involved. Some of the really popular golf streamers get over 1k views at times.

Like any game, people tune in to streams to view the game before a purchase, ask about tips, chat about thoughts, see how performance is etc etc. It's a great way to find all that info out live right there and then.

Are you talking about a video game of golf?

Caporegime
so as predicted doc was basically waiting for a deal...building hype to get money shroud back on twitch as well. money money money was the answer.

Back
Top Bottom