Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Man of Honour
most the people who watch these streams are probably 8-13years old the same as all the "famous" youtubers you see there fans and it's all kids mostly.

most be fairly embarrassing as an adult being mobbed by kids

Again, depends upon the streamer, Cohhcarnage is a very famous streamer, so much so that he has a cameo in Cyberpunk 2077, but very few of his fans are kids at all but thats down to the way he presents and the content he provides (which has a far far greater appeal to adults than kids in its style and content). So it really does depend upon the streamer themselves, the likes of Dr Disrespect and Asmongold may well have a largely young fanbase but the likes of Cohhcarnage, Quill88 and itsmeJP have far older fanbases. Just as in many forms of entertainment , there is a wide range of entertainers from the fart gag Ade Edmondson/Rik Mayall types to the more cerebral Stewart Lee types. Streaming isnt really much different in that regard.

Caporegime
OP
most the people who watch these streams are probably 8-13years old the same as all the "famous" youtubers you see there fans and it's all kids mostly.

I only tend to watch him when there's a new game out and I'm wondering if to try it or not. I got into Apex and Warzone after watching him and Shroud play them for a while.

I do enjoy watching him rage though. :p

Soldato
Again, depends upon the streamer, Cohhcarnage is a very famous streamer, so much so that he has a cameo in Cyberpunk 2077, but very few of his fans are kids at all but thats down to the way he presents and the content he provides (which has a far far greater appeal to adults than kids in its style and content). So it really does depend upon the streamer themselves, the likes of Dr Disrespect and Asmongold may well have a largely young fanbase but the likes of Cohhcarnage, Quill88 and itsmeJP have far older fanbases. Just as in many forms of entertainment , there is a wide range of entertainers from the fart gag Ade Edmondson/Rik Mayall types to the more cerebral Stewart Lee types. Streaming isnt really much different in that regard.

If there are streamers of the calibre of Stewart Lee, I'd LOVE some pointers!

Associate
FB_IMG_1593342069982.jpg

This image has been doing the rounds.

Edit: Nevermind, I can see the rumour has already been posted.

I cannot see how launching your own platform results in all your sponsors dropping you. OK twitch may wish to drop him, or better yet surely the solution is locking him into twitch for even longer, not pushing him and others away to further push the other platform being a reality.

People are saying he's not just banned but he's done for good. Launching a platform doesn't seem to suggest being done for good to me. Potentially the opposite. I don't see it being true.

Soldato
I cannot see how launching your own platform results in all your sponsors dropping you. OK twitch may wish to drop him, or better yet surely the solution is locking him into twitch for even longer, not pushing him and others away to further push the other platform being a reality.

People are saying he's not just banned but he's done for good. Launching a platform doesn't seem to suggest being done for good to me. Potentially the opposite. I don't see it being true.

I think sponsors are coming back. However it could mean many millions loss for twitch so fair doos to them.

Soldato
Why would he get more over a working monthly 40 hour person?
Just in case you're not being sarcastic and have actually been dwelling under a rock for the last 5 years:

Dr DisRespect earns anywhere between £500,000 and $1 million a year, but has an overall net worth estimated to be around $3.5 million.

At the time of writing, the Doc has over 30,000 subscribers. These paid subscribers would see Dr DisRespect earn in the region of $30,000 – $35,000 a month. That equates to around $300,000 a year just from subscribers if he keeps his sub count at this kind of level. This doesn’t take into account additional Twitch revenue, such as ad revenue and donations, which would likely see him earn well over half a million dollars a year from streaming alone.

https://www.theloadout.com/streamers/drdisrespect/net-worth-streaming-setup

Caporegime
OP

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
I never really followed people on twitch and why they become popular. I'm not been sarcastic I genuinly didn't know. That link explains it if he was a big asset to games design.

These top streamers are multi millionaires. The Doc has over 4 million followers, 1.5 million subscribers who each pay monthly and that excludes donations and sponsoring, his net.worth is over 3.5 million. So pretty wealthy hence streaming is his full time job.

Sorry didn't see the link already posted
≠=============================

Here is the last tweet but still doesn't tell us very much. Doc seems to indicate he still doesn't know why.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom