Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Soldato
I never really followed people on twitch and why they become popular. I'm not been sarcastic I genuinly didn't know. That link explains it if he was a big asset to games design.

Before he was a streamer he use to work on the Call of Duty games, I think he designed one of the multiplayer maps for one of the older CoD games IIRC.

He's popular because he's entertaining, some people don't like him, many do, much like your favourite wrestler, movie star or favourite sports star. Most of the subscribers sub for free via Amazon Prime, others donate money. A big following just like any other public figure generally makes you marketable which has brought DrDisrespect many sponsors throughout his growth.

Soldato
Those figures are slightly off. Each sub is a minimum of 5 dollars a month (tier 2 is $9.99 and tier 3 is $24.99), and streamers get half of this. So with 30k tier 1 subs that's at least $75,000 a month. Crazy money.
I think if they're partnered with Twitch they get more than 50%, so let's say a minimum of $90k a month. Then there's dono's, bits, sponsorships and any merch sales. Honestly I was surprised on hearing he's only worth $3.5m since he's been at a high viewer count for years now, he must earn well over $1m a year.

I guess if it makes twitch look bad, and he posts about such and such happening and it turns peolle against twitch, the company he may still want to have a relationship with if he can sort things out, going public isn't the best action.

Associate
My view on this is what ever these people have done outside of gaming or streams has nothing to do with any of us ! No one is perfect and we all have made mistakes ! If its True that these guys have done something very serious and its proven then yes by all means take action ! But these companies have no right to BAN these streamers because of an allegation someone has made from the past ! This is not the way these things should be done. From what I am seeing this is all being carried out By Woman at these companies taken matters in to there own hands.

Soldato
My view on this is what ever these people have done outside of gaming or streams has nothing to do with any of us ! No one is perfect and we all have made mistakes ! If its True that these guys have done something very serious and its proven then yes by all means take action ! But these companies have no right to BAN these streamers because of an allegation someone has made from the past ! This is not the way these things should be done. From what I am seeing this is all being carried out By Woman at these companies taken matters in to there own hands.
Link to what you are seeing?

Associate
Its defo not #MeToo because it would all be over Twitter with a Statement from a girl making an allegation. It sounds more like its something someone has dug up from his past ! or the new contract with another company , Anyway we will find out soon enough

Associate

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom