*** Offical Dragon's Dogma 2 Thread ***

Associate
Forgot this was coming, played the first few hours of the original Dragon's Dogma when it came out on 360 back in 2012 and was enjoying it but then my console broke and I never went back to it. Picked up the original on Steam now while it's on offer, probably won't get through it before the 2nd one is released but I'll give it a go :p

Last edited:
Associate
I gave the character creator a go, it seems pretty darn good, I can actually get it looking somewhat like me for a change :D

I do have some growing concerns now though, the demo crashes to black screen after a random amount of time on every use for me, and there looks to be quite a lot of people with RTX2000 series cards reporting the same issue as well.

Hope this isn't something that's going to creep into the main game launch.

Associate
The level of customization in that character creator is crazy. Hope the they put as much thought into the game mechanics as they did the character creator!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
100gb of diskspace and looks like its going to be DLSS required to get above 30fps in the higher resolutions.

Dragon's Dogma 2 minimum system requirements for Windows​

• Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5 10600 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT with 8GB VRAM
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Network: Broadband Internet connection
  • Additional Notes: Estimated performance: 1080p/30fps. Framerate might drop in graphics-intensive scenes. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 6800 required to support ray tracing.

Dragon's Dogma 2 recommended system requirements for Windows​

• Processor: Intel Core i7-10700 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 / AMD Radeon RX 6700
  • Additional Notes: Estimated performance: 2160i/30fps. Framerate might drop in graphics-intensive scenes. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 6800 required to support ray tracing.

Soldato
100gb of diskspace and looks like its going to be DLSS required to get above 30fps in the higher resolutions.

Dragon's Dogma 2 minimum system requirements for Windows​

• Processor: Intel Core i5 10600 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX 5500 XT with 8GB VRAM
  • Additional Notes: Estimated performance: 1080p/30fps. Framerate might drop in graphics-intensive scenes. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 6800 required to support ray tracing.

Dragon's Dogma 2 recommended system requirements for Windows​

• Processor: Intel Core i7-10700 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 / AMD Radeon RX 6700
  • Additional Notes: Estimated performance: 2160i/30fps. Framerate might drop in graphics-intensive scenes. NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti or AMD Radeon RX 6800 required to support ray tracing.

2080 for 2160p 30fps sounds ok, same performance as ps5. Also means 4070ti will get 2160p 60fps and 4080/7900xtx will push 2160p 100fps. If using dlss, then even higher frames

Last edited:
Soldato
If it reviews well I'll get it. But I am a bit burnt out on sword and sorcery atm as I am trying to finish off BG3 which I started over Christmas.

Although I think my next game will be Starfield.

Last edited:
Associate
I was watching my son play monster hunter and was struck by the similarity. He then pointed out it was by the same people (Capcom)
I'm replaying the first one after a loooong break. It's still fun.
I'll also be watching the reviews before jumping in on this

Associate
This is looking to me a bit like an Elden Ring/Monster Hunter mix, is that broadly correct?
More old school Elder scrolls/Monster Hunter as there's a lot of NPC interaction, hub towns/camps and quests that you stumble into compared to something like Elden Ring, but you get that same sense of having your own adventure given how randomly things can happen.

There's times in the first game where it doesn't hold your hand at all, some quests might be vague on details for you to figure out on your own, they might be on a time limit or be dependent on other conditions, NPCs might die and never be replaced, further bricking other questlines.

I think this video sums up quite well in the last few minutes how random stuff can just snowball and escalate into memorable moments :D

Soldato
OP
This is looking to me a bit like an Elden Ring/Monster Hunter mix, is that broadly correct?

If you not played it, grab the first one from Steam or CDKeys if you want to play it before this one coming out ? The price different between those two places is about a pound or so, the Steam promotion ends on the 21st of March though.

Soldato
Is there anywhere apart from steam that sends out keys a day or so early ? Had a look on cdkeys, but they release the key when the game releases which isn't ideal, as I would like to preload.

**Ended up just buying it from cd keys. Hopefully get it a day or so early, but not the end of the world if I don't**

Last edited:
Associate
I bought mine from cd keys as well, if they send it early great, otherwise I'm not bothered. I think I'd manage about 5 minutes of game time at midnight!

Back
Top Bottom