Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is coming to PC

Soldato
No, so far just Strider, Ranger and Fighter. Most of the Augments for Assassins though seem to be for nights and alone, plus in Dark Arisen they cut down the Increase on some of them from 70% to 20% as well (not to sure if that made a huge difference since never played the game before DA come out).

Maybe I am looking at it wrong when it comes to the Pawns. Firstly on their Inclinations, if they have either Guardian or Nexus, or worse, having both (!) then they gone. Acquisitor (picking up loot) isn't the best either but if it is in second place I can live with it. If they are ok then look at their quests, locations (neither to important) and then bestiary, which I consider more important of those three. After that as to what magic they do, so say a Mage without healing, then it's gone. Also like if Mage and Sorcerer both has some buff they can give, especially Holy or Fire.

But also look at their Stats, do like if they have some resistances and high magic defence. Maybe I am looking at things wrong though. Think I pick a higher level and see if there is much difference between them, feels a bit 'wrong' running around with a lvl 31 when at lvl 44 myself. :p

If you remember your pawns name and class, then I could always search for it since it is possible to search by level and class. Although since you say 120s somewhere I just go with the class and name. I wont mind having a look for you ! :cool:

I liked assassin mostly for hundred kisses (which becomes thousand kisses with the right weapon!), which was one of my favourite abilities for using on weak spots. Climb to weak spot, thousand kisses... goodnight! :) Also for the movement and evasion abilities, which I found helpful. Also can be reasonable with bows as well as daggers. I found them nice to play. Think my three most played classes were magick archer, assassin and sorceror.

And tbh I'd forgotten about pawn inclinations! But yes, absolutely they are possibly the most important thing for a pawn, and you really don't want one whose inclination is poor for their role! Then they just get annoying. But yeah, I always put stats last in importance - to the point I barely cared about them. As you say, once you rule those with bad inclinations and those without the most needed abilities you're already scraping the barrel a bit!

My pawn... I think it was Sam (not 100% on that tbh) pretty sure I left it as a sorceror, about level 120-123ish. I was always careful about managing inclinations and stats so it should be a pretty good one, although possibly expensive to hire until you get higher level yourself.

Soldato
I liked assassin mostly for hundred kisses (which becomes thousand kisses with the right weapon!), which was one of my favourite abilities for using on weak spots. Climb to weak spot, thousand kisses... goodnight! :) Also for the movement and evasion abilities, which I found helpful. Also can be reasonable with bows as well as daggers. I found them nice to play. Think my three most played classes were magick archer, assassin and sorceror.

And tbh I'd forgotten about pawn inclinations! But yes, absolutely they are possibly the most important thing for a pawn, and you really don't want one whose inclination is poor for their role! Then they just get annoying. But yeah, I always put stats last in importance - to the point I barely cared about them. As you say, once you rule those with bad inclinations and those without the most needed abilities you're already scraping the barrel a bit!

My pawn... I think it was Sam (not 100% on that tbh) pretty sure I left it as a sorceror, about level 120-123ish. I was always careful about managing inclinations and stats so it should be a pretty good one, although possibly expensive to hire until you get higher level yourself.

Yeah, Ranger has the same one, hundred kisses that becomes a thousand when you go to some island and purifying some gear to get a ring that 'upgrades' that skill. I probably try Assassin out later on, think I be going through all of them. If not now, always game+ too. :p

Could only find one Sam around that level, and unless you used a * with two asian letter after it, then couldn't see it (searched only male and all classes between level 115-125). I did see a Samuel L. J. though and called him for fun. Think they were trying to go for a Jackson look there ! :p Maybe should have asked for your player name, I forgot you can see the owners name as well.

Soldato
Yeah, Ranger has the same one, hundred kisses that becomes a thousand when you go to some island and purifying some gear to get a ring that 'upgrades' that skill. I probably try Assassin out later on, think I be going through all of them. If not now, always game+ too. :p

Could only find one Sam around that level, and unless you used a * with two asian letter after it, then couldn't see it (searched only male and all classes between level 115-125). I did see a Samuel L. J. though and called him for fun. Think they were trying to go for a Jackson look there ! :p Maybe should have asked for your player name, I forgot you can see the owners name as well.

Thanks for looking. My pawn is female, though, BTW. :)

I think my pc was called Gully.

Edit: This talk has encouraged me to start downloading the game again overnight. Will have to see what happens with my save tomorrow... :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Thanks for looking. My pawn is female, though, BTW. :)

I think my pc was called Gully.

Edit: This talk has encouraged me to start downloading the game again overnight. Will have to see what happens with my save tomorrow... :)

No problem ! looked again, this time for a female Sam ! :p Still no luck though. Might be that you not been in game for some time and the Pawn is gone.

Hope your save is fine !

Soldato
Ok. Good news - my save was automatically reinstalled along with the game! :D

Oh - my pawn is called Jen.

Bad news - all the menus are really badly messed up in UW. Looks like the UW "fixes" only go some way to managing this, and still have some screwed up issues too. Ph well, 2560x1440 with sidebars is not too bad.

Soldato
Ok. Good news - my save was automatically reinstalled along with the game! :D

Oh - my pawn is called Jen.

Bad news - all the menus are really badly messed up in UW. Looks like the UW "fixes" only go some way to managing this, and still have some screwed up issues too. Ph well, 2560x1440 with sidebars is not too bad.

No wonder I didn't find your pawn then ! :p And what was the level ?

I am using UW as well, found this mod on Steam to make it look alright. The map is not the best though, so I found one through google instead and have it on a side monitor which makes it slightly easier if the map is needed. Also, you need to run it in windowed mode, I'm using Borderless Gaming for that to work.

Soldato
No wonder I didn't find your pawn then ! :p And what was the level ?

I am using UW as well, found this mod on Steam to make it look alright. The map is not the best though, so I found one through google instead and have it on a side monitor which makes it slightly easier if the map is needed. Also, you need to run it in windowed mode, I'm using Borderless Gaming for that to work.

IKR... d'oh! :o Level 120 sorceror.

Cheers for the mod link. I did see that mod and one or two others for UW, but I don't have a second monitor for the map, and also I heard these mods screw up the reticules for some of the magick archer skills, which is the class I am currently set to.

Also... man, I have totally forgotten the mechanics of this game!! And I'm in the middle of Bitterblack Isle with dangerous enemies around every corner. I will have to travel to a safer area to reaquire my muscle memory for how to play and get to grips with the ins and outs again.

Soldato

Cheers for the mod link. I did see that mod and one or two others for UW, but I don't have a second monitor for the map, and also I heard these mods screw up the reticules for some of the magick archer skills, which is the class I am currently set to.

Also... man, I have totally forgotten the mechanics of this game!! And I'm in the middle of Bitterblack Isle with dangerous enemies around every corner. I will have to travel to a safer area to reaquire my muscle memory for how to play and get to grips with the ins and outs again.

Yeah, I saw that as well for the reticules. In regards to the map, that was just something I used. You can still easily tab out and look at it as well. Although, if you not be using the mod, then wont matter. :D

Good luck with getting your game hat back on !! I'm just a lvl 45 so be a while before I get closer to your level ! :p

Soldato
Slowly remembering how to play this game I think. Though I don't seem to be as adept at climbing enemies as I remember being.

On the plus side, I remembered I should sleep at the inn to see if my pawn had been hired out. I got 300,000 rift crystals! Nice. :)

Will head back to BBI next time I play, I think, and see how I get on there.

My set-up on reloading was MA for my PC, sorc for main pawn with a fighter and ranger as support. So no healing support at all. I can't remember now how I was managing with this, but I assume it was working because I'd almost go to the final BBI boss...

Edit: haha, no... got stomped by the cursed dragon. Definitely need more practice to get back up to speed!

Last edited:
Soldato
Slowly remembering how to play this game I think. Though I don't seem to be as adept at climbing enemies as I remember being.

On the plus side, I remembered I should sleep at the inn to see if my pawn had been hired out. I got 300,000 rift crystals! Nice. :)

Will head back to BBI next time I play, I think, and see how I get on there.

My set-up on reloading was MA for my PC, sorc for main pawn with a fighter and ranger as support. So no healing support at all. I can't remember now how I was managing with this, but I assume it was working because I'd almost go to the final BBI boss...

Edit: haha, no... got stomped by the cursed dragon. Definitely need more practice to get back up to speed!

That's a nice chunk of rift crystals, nice ! I have had my pawn being hired a couple times, was quiet surprised when one earned me 12k RC's ! :eek: Was around lvl 35 or so when that happened.

Maybe you managed not getting hit, hence no need for healing ? :p

I just went into Soulflayer Canyon for the first time, took a while but mostly because I forgot I had three badges to find in there. If I not accidentally walked past one and seen the info box flash I would forgotten it all and had to run back, instead I ended up running back to places I already past ! :o Did end up with some nice stuff though. :p

Soldato
That's a nice chunk of rift crystals, nice ! I have had my pawn being hired a couple times, was quiet surprised when one earned me 12k RC's ! :eek: Was around lvl 35 or so when that happened.

Maybe you managed not getting hit, hence no need for healing ? :p

I just went into Soulflayer Canyon for the first time, took a while but mostly because I forgot I had three badges to find in there. If I not accidentally walked past one and seen the info box flash I would forgotten it all and had to run back, instead I ended up running back to places I already past ! :o Did end up with some nice stuff though. :p

Yes, was getting back into it last night.

Killed two cursed dragons in a row without any problems. Just needed to remember how to manage the fights, I think. And the combos! Explosive rivet to weak spot followed by thousand kisses to detonate it... now that's why I loved the magick archer class! :) (plus being able to buff magic def and att, set myself on fire and climb on enemies, ricochet shot in small rooms... such fun!)

I remember now that I was mostly avoiding damage with my PC and using the odd curative here and there and just reviving pawns if (when...) they go down, instead of letting them heal each other.

Can't remember my way around BBI at all now, though. So many levels and interlinking sections. I am totally lost!

The combat is still so good, though. It's still my favourite RPG for pure combat fun even after all this time.

Soulflayer canyon rings a bell. That's the place with all those slippery rock slides? Pretty sure I got good and lost in there for a while!

Soldato
Yes, was getting back into it last night.

Killed two cursed dragons in a row without any problems. Just needed to remember how to manage the fights, I think. And the combos! Explosive rivet to weak spot followed by thousand kisses to detonate it... now that's why I loved the magick archer class! :) (plus being able to buff magic def and att, set myself on fire and climb on enemies, ricochet shot in small rooms... such fun!)

I remember now that I was mostly avoiding damage with my PC and using the odd curative here and there and just reviving pawns if (when...) they go down, instead of letting them heal each other.

Can't remember my way around BBI at all now, though. So many levels and interlinking sections. I am totally lost!

The combat is still so good, though. It's still my favourite RPG for pure combat fun even after all this time.

Soulflayer canyon rings a bell. That's the place with all those slippery rock slides? Pretty sure I got good and lost in there for a while!

That do sound like fun ! I been suggested to avoid BBI on my first playthrough, so not been there yet. I am int he game where I have accepted the quest to meet the Duke but not meet him yet, instead doing loads of side quests/notice boards stuff. But it is all good fun, part form the Griffins, they show, ignores me and fly away again ! :mad: I got the be quicker killing some cow's for it next time around, maybe that helps to get it to ground. :p

And yes, that's the canyon, lots of slippery slopes in there ! And a cyclops in the middle of a small bridge with some sirens thrown into the mix as well ! But all good fun so far. :D

I agree, the combat is loads of fun. If they actually do make a second one I hope they keep it that way, or make it a tad more complex even. Like if you a mage/sorcerer then you can't climb monsters (had one of my casters doing that once, I was like.. "uhh what now ?" :confused: :D ). Now, not sure if that is possible since you do have to climb rocks etc on occasions so.. In anyway, back to play the game. :p

Ohh another thing I like, that you can copy items for a fee ! Been needing some Eldricite (drops from Specters and they are a pain to find since they so small ! ) and only got 1 and 2 shards, so used the one and copied 3 more times so I got the 6 needed. Well, 4 so I have one spare if needed again. :p). Now to farm some Skeleton Lords for their drops as well. So much to do and it is all fun. :D

Soldato

Finally got the Griffin, for some reason it decided to attack a couple bandits just outside Gran Soren (the ruins between the two gates) and was able to get a few shoots into it, with my very new Magic Archer build ! (Only got 3 points in it at the time. :eek: ) And in regards to the reticules it is all working just fine for now at least. Just need to upgrade the bow to 3 star and hope for the best with the dragon next time. :p

Got a scare last night though. PC crashed as I was playing and after a restart, logged into game and luckily I had just had teleported into the city and was selling stuff when it happened so wasn't much lost. When all selling was done and I went to sleep, I got failed save. :eek: So no matter what I did, it wouldn't let me save. I googled and got a save game editor incase the steam id had reset since someone at GOG had had that problem happening to them, no dice. I tried a new game, but although it started a new one, it was still showing failed save. So uninstalled the game, deleted all folders and reinstalled it. This time though couldn't even start a new game as it said couldn't find save location. :confused:

At that time I was rather tired and looking in the folder where the safes are I only save the remotecache.vdf and no folder for the saves. Didn't remember what it was called so went into the bin and moved the steam game folder (367500) back, which was empty part from said .vdf and save folder. Then tried a new game and it worked, finally saved. So, logged out and throw in my old save and then almost hold my breath once in the game and tried a manual save. And for some unknown reason it finally worked ?! :confused: Still have no clue what happened exactly part form something have to been corrupted as the PC crashed but as to what it was, hell if I know ! :p

BTW, still not found your pawn, have to give it another try but before that I guess you leveled up one or two levels maybe ? :p

Soldato
Finally got the Griffin, for some reason it decided to attack a couple bandits just outside Gran Soren (the ruins between the two gates) and was able to get a few shoots into it, with my very new Magic Archer build ! (Only got 3 points in it at the time. :eek: ) And in regards to the reticules it is all working just fine for now at least. Just need to upgrade the bow to 3 star and hope for the best with the dragon next time. :p

Got a scare last night though. PC crashed as I was playing and after a restart, logged into game and luckily I had just had teleported into the city and was selling stuff when it happened so wasn't much lost. When all selling was done and I went to sleep, I got failed save. :eek: So no matter what I did, it wouldn't let me save. I googled and got a save game editor incase the steam id had reset since someone at GOG had had that problem happening to them, no dice. I tried a new game, but although it started a new one, it was still showing failed save. So uninstalled the game, deleted all folders and reinstalled it. This time though couldn't even start a new game as it said couldn't find save location. :confused:

At that time I was rather tired and looking in the folder where the safes are I only save the remotecache.vdf and no folder for the saves. Didn't remember what it was called so went into the bin and moved the steam game folder (367500) back, which was empty part from said .vdf and save folder. Then tried a new game and it worked, finally saved. So, logged out and throw in my old save and then almost hold my breath once in the game and tried a manual save. And for some unknown reason it finally worked ?! :confused: Still have no clue what happened exactly part form something have to been corrupted as the PC crashed but as to what it was, hell if I know ! :p

BTW, still not found your pawn, have to give it another try but before that I guess you leveled up one or two levels maybe ? :p

Heh, cool! Those griffins are a pain!

(Oh, is that the quest where you're supposed to hunt a griffin with some dudes from... er somewhere, I forget where? If so it's not actually a bad thing to have it escape your first attack and then follow it...)

Glad you got your save back, that sounds alarming! I hate losing progress like that. I was really pleased and pleasantly surprised when my two-year old save just loaded straight up on my new install!

My pawn and I are level 138 now, so a bit more than 1 or 2 more! I seem to level up every couple of rooms in BBI. I killed one big bad there and went up three levels at once, and then gained another level when a dragon appeared in the next room! She's still a sorceror. My pawn's just called Jen, and my username will be Gully or Guillame, (not sure which one shows up).

Anyway, I am loving BBI. One of my favourite areas in any game actually. Really dark and menacing. Only got the final BBI boss to kill now and I'm finally geared up the way I want to be, so should get on with it, I guess.

You can head over to BBI at any time, btw. You should be able to do the first run that's initially open at about level 50 without too much trouble.

Will have to check out the UW mod knowing that the MA bow reticules issue is fixed. Cheers!

Soldato
Heh, cool! Those griffins are a pain!

(Oh, is that the quest where you're supposed to hunt a griffin with some dudes from... er somewhere, I forget where? If so it's not actually a bad thing to have it escape your first attack and then follow it...)

Glad you got your save back, that sounds alarming! I hate losing progress like that. I was really pleased and pleasantly surprised when my two-year old save just loaded straight up on my new install!

My pawn and I are level 138 now, so a bit more than 1 or 2 more! I seem to level up every couple of rooms in BBI. I killed one big bad there and went up three levels at once, and then gained another level when a dragon appeared in the next room! She's still a sorceror. My pawn's just called Jen, and my username will be Gully or Guillame, (not sure which one shows up).

Anyway, I am loving BBI. One of my favourite areas in any game actually. Really dark and menacing. Only got the final BBI boss to kill now and I'm finally geared up the way I want to be, so should get on with it, I guess.

You can head over to BBI at any time, btw. You should be able to do the first run that's initially open at about level 50 without too much trouble.

Will have to check out the UW mod knowing that the MA bow reticules issue is fixed. Cheers!

No, this was a notice board quest about one having been spotted at some hill. Wouldn't mind another one, have a sword that needs items from a griffin to upgrade, although not a rush since neither of us using sword at the moment. :p

Yeah, I was quiet glad about that as well ! :p

Not in a rush but might do later, will see what happens. :cool:

And you welcome, although I still just halfway and not used all the bow skills but guessing they all should be showing the same with regards to the reticules.

Soldato
Well, that's that. I think I've done everything there is to do in the game now. Kind of disappointed to be finishing it, but there's not really anything keeping me playing anymore.

This is definitely one of my favourite RPGs. One of my favourite games, in fact. It doesn't look great, the world is too empty, there's not enough character to the people in the world, but it's so damned fun to play! The monsters are brilliant, the combat mechanics really top-notch. Fighting looks and feels fantastic. Just like fighting mythical creatures should. The levelling, class, loot and crafting/rarefying systems are really superb too.

Thanks to @TheSwede for posting about this game, which prompted me to reinstall it, load up my old save and finish everything off. It's now overtaken Dark Souls III in recorded playtime for me.

So, @TheSwede - where are you in the game now? Still having fun with it?

Soldato
Well, that's that. I think I've done everything there is to do in the game now. Kind of disappointed to be finishing it, but there's not really anything keeping me playing anymore.

This is definitely one of my favourite RPGs. One of my favourite games, in fact. It doesn't look great, the world is too empty, there's not enough character to the people in the world, but it's so damned fun to play! The monsters are brilliant, the combat mechanics really top-notch. Fighting looks and feels fantastic. Just like fighting mythical creatures should. The levelling, class, loot and crafting/rarefying systems are really superb too.

Thanks to @TheSwede for posting about this game, which prompted me to reinstall it, load up my old save and finish everything off. It's now overtaken Dark Souls III in recorded playtime for me.

So, @TheSwede - where are you in the game now? Still having fun with it?

You most welcome ! Glad that someone started playing it, even if in your case it was more to finish it. :p

Yes, still having fun with it. Actually been farming stuff to get my pawn sorted the best I can as a Sorceress since started late with her. Just now actually finish killing the dragon for an hour just to get the boots she wearing dragonforged. Her staff is Sorcerer only and a pair of clothing is female only but both are 3 stars, so for now can't do anything about those. The arms armor I can only get to 2 stars for now due to needing Hydra Gallstone. Same with the Alchemick Vest, also need stuff I can't get for now so no stars yet (1 star not worth it, only gives +1 on two stats.) But atleast she is geared the best I can for now, although not liking the reds on the Elemental resistances but just got to live with that until some ancient stuff can be silver forged. Added her stats in spoiler, feel free to give suggestions if you want. :)

p8csirO.jpg
GgVYssV.jpg

So now I guess I should start doing some quests as well, I have still only picked up Come to Court but not went to the Duke yet. Done a lot of Escort Missions though to get coinage while also going through the different instances for weapon/armor.

Although there been some fun moments, like just now with the dragon. Five (5 !) times it just flew straight up and vanished out of sight. Rather frustrating but seem to be a bug from what I could gather from the fandom site.

So tomorrow I be most likely continuing with the main story and all the new side quests that will be opening up.

Edit: Forgot I also done loads of those small quests for Rift Crystals which been a bit frustrating on occasion due to where they are located. :p

Last edited:
Soldato
You most welcome ! Glad that someone started playing it, even if in your case it was more to finish it. :p

Yes, still having fun with it. Actually been farming stuff to get my pawn sorted the best I can as a Sorceress since started late with her. Just now actually finish killing the dragon for an hour just to get the boots she wearing dragonforged. Her staff is Sorcerer only and a pair of clothing is female only but both are 3 stars, so for now can't do anything about those. The arms armor I can only get to 2 stars for now due to needing Hydra Gallstone. Same with the Alchemick Vest, also need stuff I can't get for now so no stars yet (1 star not worth it, only gives +1 on two stats.) But atleast she is geared the best I can for now, although not liking the reds on the Elemental resistances but just got to live with that until some ancient stuff can be silver forged. Added her stats in spoiler, feel free to give suggestions if you want. :)

p8csirO.jpg
GgVYssV.jpg

So now I guess I should start doing some quests as well, I have still only picked up Come to Court but not went to the Duke yet. Done a lot of Escort Missions though to get coinage while also going through the different instances for weapon/armor.

Although there been some fun moments, like just now with the dragon. Five (5 !) times it just flew straight up and vanished out of sight. Rather frustrating but seem to be a bug from what I could gather from the fandom site.

So tomorrow I be most likely continuing with the main story and all the new side quests that will be opening up.

Edit: Forgot I also done loads of those small quests for Rift Crystals which been a bit frustrating on occasion due to where they are located. :p

Sounds cool! Good one on downing that dragon!

Your pawn has good status resistances. I wouldn't worry too much about elemental resists at this stage of the game. Doesn't matter if pawns get knocked out as it only takes a second to revive them. Ideally as she's a sorceror she won't be getting right in the firing line anyway.

I think on pawns status resists are more important than elemental, especially petrification (which can mean a no-revive death), skill stiffling and silence (obviously for a spellcaster!), and possession if you're fighting dragonkin (possession can turn a well-controlled dragon fight into a ****-fest very quickly!). Poison can be a pain too. You have most of these covered, though I can't see possession (although that's only for dragonkin as I say, since I don't think anything else inflicts possession).

More importantly, you want to get your pawn's skills and inclinations right. I like sorc pawns to have a quick cast (like comestion), a disabler/grounder (like miasma), a buff (like holy affinity), fumlination, and a big hitter (like gicel)! Voidspell is also useful. I don't like them to have mealstrom, even though it's a great powerful room cleaner. As it means I can't see anything I always find I wish my pawn hadn't cast it!

As you're MA you have to try immolation and fulmination being on you at the same time and then go climb a monster and watch its healthbar melt! You can also wait to get a holy buff, switch to your staff for holy focused bolt goodness (though the MA bow is usually better, it can make a nice change for things weak to holy).

I like utilitarian and scather for sorcerors too - utilitarian so they cast buffs on me, and scather so they lock down or damage the big bads. Challenger can also be okay if you prefer them to go for the ranged enemies first.

Oh, and you want to level her mage vocation skills as there are some useful ones in there for sorcerors too.

As for rarefying weapons - first thing I do when I get a new weapon or armour for my socreror is switch to sorc myself and hunt a dragon to try to dragonforge it! You get really nice boosts in damage and resistances that way.

What level is your pawn? And what's your in-game username? I can take her on a quick BBI run or two while I've still got the game installed to net you some RCs.

Last edited:
Soldato
Sounds cool! Good one on downing that dragon!

Well, it didn't take an hour to down the dragon, just all the dozen restarts to get the item I wanted dragonforged. :p

Your pawn has good status resistances. I wouldn't worry too much about elemental resists at this stage of the game. Doesn't matter if pawns get knocked out as it only takes a second to revive them. Ideally as she's a sorceror she won't be getting right in the firing line anyway.

I think on pawns status resists are more important than elemental, especially petrification (which can mean a no-revive death), skill stiffling and silence (obviously for a spellcaster!), and possession if you're fighting dragonkin (possession can turn a well-controlled dragon fight into a ****-fest very quickly!). Poison can be a pain too. You have most of these covered, though I can't see possession (although that's only for dragonkin as I say, since I don't think anything else inflicts possession).

Yeah I realized that as well about possession but only have 2 items with possession protection on and using them would cut down her magic defense quiet a bit, as well as some of the other resistances, as you can see in the spoiler.

hm18Zbj.jpg

More importantly, you want to get your pawn's skills and inclinations right. I like sorc pawns to have a quick cast (like comestion), a disabler/grounder (like miasma), a buff (like holy affinity), fumlination, and a big hitter (like gicel)! Voidspell is also useful. I don't like them to have mealstrom, even though it's a great powerful room cleaner. As it means I can't see anything I always find I wish my pawn hadn't cast it!

Had her with most of those but INgle and Seism, I switched those two for Miasma ad Fumlination as per your suggestion. See how it goes. :) And yes, agree about Maelstrom, it's a pain when you can't see nothing !

As you're MA you have to try immolation and fulmination being on you at the same time and then go climb a monster and watch its healthbar melt! You can also wait to get a holy buff, switch to your staff for holy focused bolt goodness (though the MA bow is usually better, it can make a nice change for things weak to holy).

Fulmination is only on the caster ? I have yet to take sorcerer myself so don't have that cast for now.

I like utilitarian and scather for sorcerors too - utilitarian so they cast buffs on me, and scather so they lock down or damage the big bads. Challenger can also be okay if you prefer them to go for the ranged enemies first.

She has Challenger and Utilitarian on her. She had Scather at first but I found she was way to close to the enemies so switched it to Utilitarian instead.

Oh, and you want to level her mage vocation skills as there are some useful ones in there for sorcerors too.

As for rarefying weapons - first thing I do when I get a new weapon or armour for my socreror is switch to sorc myself and hunt a dragon to try to dragonforge it! You get really nice boosts in damage and resistances that way.

What level is your pawn? And what's your in-game username? I can take her on a quick BBI run or two while I've still got the game installed to net you some RCs.

Ahh ok, was thinking doing sorcerer to lvl 100 since it boost magic the best but can easily do mage full out first to get those spells as well. And guess I have to switch to sorcerer myself for the archistave's then. :p

Presently at level 67 but halfway through it so might be lvl 68 before you see this. My in-game username is Beuwolf. I didn't think that a pawn that's a lower level then you would earn any RC's ?? I do appreciate if you would take her on a run or two, if you have the time for it ! :D .. And see if she survives or not ! :p

Soldato
Well, it didn't take an hour to down the dragon, just all the dozen restarts to get the item I wanted dragonforged. :p

Yeah I realized that as well about possession but only have 2 items with possession protection on and using them would cut down her magic defense quiet a bit, as well as some of the other resistances, as you can see in the spoiler.

Well, possession is only an issue with dragons so probably not worth prioritising unless you know you'll be meeting a lot of them!

Had her with most of those but INgle and Seism, I switched those two for Miasma ad Fumlination as per your suggestion. See how it goes. :) And yes, agree about Maelstrom, it's a pain when you can't see nothing !

Fulmination is only on the caster ? I have yet to take sorcerer myself so don't have that cast for now.

This is all personal preference, tbh. I prefer comestion to ingle because I find it more reliable. Either is fine. Seism is okay too for a bigger hitter, I prefer gicel for the same role as it has better range and a way of walloping dragon hearts (or so it seems).

Fulmination chains to allies in range, so your whole party can have it on when a sorceror casts it.

Presently at level 67 but halfway through it so might be lvl 68 before you see this. My in-game username is Beuwolf. I didn't think that a pawn that's a lower level then you would earn any RC's ?? I do appreciate if you would take her on a run or two, if you have the time for it ! :D .. And see if she survives or not ! :p

I found your pawn and took her on a run of the final wing of BBI. No idea how many RCs you'll earn, but I had her as my only hired pawn. We did kill a firedrake, a frostwyrm, a cursed dragon, a condemned gorecyclops, a living armour, several standard gorecyclopes and about a dozen other mobs, so hopefully quite a few!

I did have to revive her a bit, but that was to be expected. She did cast fulmination on me, though, so I then went climbing all over the frostwyrm with immolation on, so that was a bonus! (I had to fire off and then set off an explosive rivet just in time as she was about to get possessed, though ;) )

Back
Top Bottom