Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is coming to PC

Soldato
Played on PS4. Liked the game but found the end sequence literally impossible.

Don’t know about pc port but it’s a half decent game. I’d get it on the cheap.
Ok thanks. I put it on my wish list for not and wait then. after all, have Witcher 2 to finish and then W3 after so that be keeping me busy for some time anyway. Was mostly curious about the gameplay. Appreciate your quick reply though !

I got back into this recently as well, how on earth do I sleep though? I am at the main village.
No clue but how you finding the game, part from the sleeping that is ? :p

Soldato
Thought I bump this thread again incase anyone interested in buying it as Fanatical still has a sale on the game for another 7 days, for the cheap price of 9 Euro (and 10% off due to their summer sale). And incase anyone playing it right now and wanting to share their experiences, or past players ! :p

I'm not that many hours into it, did things around the first town and then went to the Encampment, did one initial quest there and got my own Pawn I then went and made the mistake of accepting rest through a NCP, woke up and seeing a Hydra (think its called that) and promptly decided to quiet game and restart to before I accepted her offer for rest. Don't think my new Pawn at lvl 2 would survive that fight.. or me for that matter ! :eek: :p

Soldato
Alright, sorry for the double post here but have a question and maybe someone still around that remembers this game and can help.

Just ventured in to some mines to clear them out, and there was an Oger in there, managed to kill it on the second try but geeze it took some time ! And then I find out I have to go back and kill two more ! :eek:

So here is what I'm wondering. I'm a Strider with a Fighter as my main pawn, the 2 extra pawns are mage's both, so plenty of heals and added effects on weapons but they all three were dying quickly and often, although ressing someone is easy in this game, and quick. I have 7 ranks in Strider and was going to max it out before switching to something else, so what would be best to bring next time. One mage for heal and another fighter or something else that do some decent damage ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! :)

Soldato
Alright, sorry for the double post here but have a question and maybe someone still around that remembers this game and can help.

Just ventured in to some mines to clear them out, and there was an Oger in there, managed to kill it on the second try but geeze it took some time ! And then I find out I have to go back and kill two more ! :eek:

So here is what I'm wondering. I'm a Strider with a Fighter as my main pawn, the 2 extra pawns are mage's both, so plenty of heals and added effects on weapons but they all three were dying quickly and often, although ressing someone is easy in this game, and quick. I have 7 ranks in Strider and was going to max it out before switching to something else, so what would be best to bring next time. One mage for heal and another fighter or something else that do some decent damage ?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated ! :)

Hey - glad you're enjoying this! I really loved it even though it really needed fleshing out in places.

The thing I found is that you'll really want to keep changing classes every so often partly to round out your stats (some classes have poor defence, others poorer offence and it can help to balance it out by levelling in different classes every so often), but mainly because in this game the classes are all really fun to play and the playstyle is noticably different for each class.

I started out as a strider with a fighter main pawn and mage extra pawns too. Then I went assassin and warrior, then dual sorcerors with extra tanks, then mystic knight with a ranger, then a warrior with a strider pawn, and so on.

I like so many of the classes and how they play. Think I favoured the magic archer and assassin classes for my PC with warrior or sorceror for my main pawn, but as you gear up things get a bit easier. There are some tough fights before you level and gear up properly (yeah, those ogres being some of them!!).

There are also cool things like sorcerors boosting each others attacks, which the AI does really well. Such fun combat!

Oh, and remember... wolves hunt in packs! :)

Soldato
Hey - glad you're enjoying this! I really loved it even though it really needed fleshing out in places.

The thing I found is that you'll really want to keep changing classes every so often partly to round out your stats (some classes have poor defence, others poorer offence and it can help to balance it out by levelling in different classes every so often), but mainly because in this game the classes are all really fun to play and the playstyle is noticably different for each class.

I started out as a strider with a fighter main pawn and mage extra pawns too. Then I went assassin and warrior, then dual sorcerors with extra tanks, then mystic knight with a ranger, then a warrior with a strider pawn, and so on.

I like so many of the classes and how they play. Think I favoured the magic archer and assassin classes for my PC with warrior or sorceror for my main pawn, but as you gear up things get a bit easier. There are some tough fights before you level and gear up properly (yeah, those ogres being some of them!!).

There are also cool things like sorcerors boosting each others attacks, which the AI does really well. Such fun combat!

Oh, and remember... wolves hunt in packs! :)

Thanks for the information and yes, I .. ahem.. maxed out Strider (and pawn maxed out Fighter) at lvl 25, so now I'm a Ranger while pawn is Warrior. Got to say the Ranger bow is tad different then from the Short bow. Makes the enemies fly sometimes ! :D

Still going with 2 casters, but doing it one Mage and one Sorcerer now, after being told Mage is more 'healer' whiles Sorcerer is the 'fighter' type of casters. Got to say the ground does rumble more now ! :eek:

Was casually playing it during the week but then yesterday started around noon and finished sometime late after midnight, slept and then kept going. Got totally lost in the game but having a blast ! Now at lvl 31 and going back in for a few more hours, hopefully I wont lost track of time ! :o :p

Also, if you not seen it this might be some good news down the road. Capcom said ...

If I stumble upon something else that baffles me I hit you up ! :p

Associate
I remember the hybrid classes being broken with the right combination of skills. I think my favourite was the Mystic Knight using the magic cannon and the trap runes.

Normally you would hit the magic cannon orb and a couple of projectiles would shoot out at enemies. Traps would activate when an enemy got close to it, setting off an AOE attack that hit multiple times quickly.

Combine the two and you could have multiple traps all going off hitting the magic cannon orbs at the same time, multiple times a second, turning them into gatling guns :D

Soldato
Thanks for the information and yes, I .. ahem.. maxed out Strider (and pawn maxed out Fighter) at lvl 25, so now I'm a Ranger while pawn is Warrior. Got to say the Ranger bow is tad different then from the Short bow. Makes the enemies fly sometimes ! :D

Still going with 2 casters, but doing it one Mage and one Sorcerer now, after being told Mage is more 'healer' whiles Sorcerer is the 'fighter' type of casters. Got to say the ground does rumble more now ! :eek:

Was casually playing it during the week but then yesterday started around noon and finished sometime late after midnight, slept and then kept going. Got totally lost in the game but having a blast ! Now at lvl 31 and going back in for a few more hours, hopefully I wont lost track of time ! :o :p

Also, if you not seen it this might be some good news down the road. Capcom said ...

If I stumble upon something else that baffles me I hit you up ! :p

:D Yeah, I had days like that! Looking in Steam, I had 189 hours in this game!

I went through the main story twice, went through The Everfall and then was working through the Bitterblack Isle expansion area. I think I got quite near the end of that place, but then upgraded my PC and never reinstalled it for some reason. I may have to see if Steam Cloud still has my save so I can pick it up again. I'll be happy to try to remember what I can if you get stuck!

I really hope there's a sequel at some point.

I remember the hybrid classes being broken with the right combination of skills. I think my favourite was the Mystic Knight using the magic cannon and the trap runes.

Normally you would hit the magic cannon orb and a couple of projectiles would shoot out at enemies. Traps would activate when an enemy got close to it, setting off an AOE attack that hit multiple times quickly.

Combine the two and you could have multiple traps all going off hitting the magic cannon orbs at the same time, multiple times a second, turning them into gatling guns :D

Oh yeah, that rings a bell! I remember trying something like that, but to me it just didn't feel like proper combat and some other classes were just more fun. I remember Magick Archer being really good for taking down things will multiple hitboxes too, whilst also being fun to play. And climbing up as an Assassin someting to use 1000 Kisses on its face! :D

Soldato

Had to read up about that Magic Cannon but it does sound fun, although I did see there is a ton of other abilities for a Mystic Knight ! :eek: But I still keep it in mind, if not for now maybe for the NG+ play sometime later. :p

:D Yeah, I had days like that! Looking in Steam, I had 189 hours in this game!

I went through the main story twice, went through The Everfall and then was working through the Bitterblack Isle expansion area. I think I got quite near the end of that place, but then upgraded my PC and never reinstalled it for some reason. I may have to see if Steam Cloud still has my save so I can pick it up again. I'll be happy to try to remember what I can if you get stuck!

I really hope there's a sequel at some point.

I have not touched the Everfall yet but probably should soon. I tend to stay off main quests for some time.:o

In case you can't find your saved files and still feel the urge to play, let me know and we can set up a friend list (if that is possible since I read it has to be through the game) and if needed you can 'loan' my Pawn for free (or at least just check stats etc. :p ).

I hammered this on the 360, and just picked up the xbox one version. That ricochet bow was all kinds of awesome :D

Had to look up this one as well, and watched a short clip about it and wow, that some hitting power there, ripped down 2 Living Armour (was what it said on the video) in seconds, and they looked big ! :eek: I be remembering Magic Archer as well, thanks ! :D

Soldato
Me again. :o

Been playing quiet a bit and enjoying it still. Stumbled upon a dragon a couple days ago, was a bit of a shock but we got it and got one item dragonforged, which was fun since was not aware of how that worked. I then looked it up though, seems a very small chance and almost have to have them upgraded to 3 stars to have a chance, i.e. 18%. :p .. Then earlier today the dragon was back so thought give it another try. And to my big surprise got 4 (!) items forged !! :eek: And there I was, having hoped to get atleast 1 item forged. :p

In another regard, got to admit finding good pawn's is a pain in the backside. I'm lvl 44 now and still having a lvl 31 sorceress with me since she has better magic and magic defense then any higher levels that I checked so far, even checked lvl 46's. :(

I went with Fighter for now (wanted to build up a bit strength before switching to magic), which soon is maxed out as well after that not sure what to pick, maybe sorcerer to build up magic before either Magic Archer or Warrior. Think I have to look up and compare them to see which would be best.

Soldato
Me again. :o

Been playing quiet a bit and enjoying it still. Stumbled upon a dragon a couple days ago, was a bit of a shock but we got it and got one item dragonforged, which was fun since was not aware of how that worked. I then looked it up though, seems a very small chance and almost have to have them upgraded to 3 stars to have a chance, i.e. 18%. :p .. Then earlier today the dragon was back so thought give it another try. And to my big surprise got 4 (!) items forged !! :eek: And there I was, having hoped to get atleast 1 item forged. :p

In another regard, got to admit finding good pawn's is a pain in the backside. I'm lvl 44 now and still having a lvl 31 sorceress with me since she has better magic and magic defense then any higher levels that I checked so far, even checked lvl 46's. :(

I went with Fighter for now (wanted to build up a bit strength before switching to magic), which soon is maxed out as well after that not sure what to pick, maybe sorcerer to build up magic before either Magic Archer or Warrior. Think I have to look up and compare them to see which would be best.

IIRC, sorceror is best pre-level 100 for building up magic stats. Have you gone assassin yet? That's a good clas stats-wise too - and fun to play as well.

For support pawns, I think I was more concerned with abilities than stats. So long as my PC and main pawn were levelled and geared appropriately I didn't find the builds of the supports made a monumental difference so long as they could do their basic support jobs.

Makes me wonder if mine is still in the system getting hired out by players. I was in the 120s somewhere before I lost the install, so I guess you wouldn't see it for a while anyway...

Soldato
IIRC, sorceror is best pre-level 100 for building up magic stats. Have you gone assassin yet? That's a good clas stats-wise too - and fun to play as well.

For support pawns, I think I was more concerned with abilities than stats. So long as my PC and main pawn were levelled and geared appropriately I didn't find the builds of the supports made a monumental difference so long as they could do their basic support jobs.

Makes me wonder if mine is still in the system getting hired out by players. I was in the 120s somewhere before I lost the install, so I guess you wouldn't see it for a while anyway...

No, so far just Strider, Ranger and Fighter. Most of the Augments for Assassins though seem to be for nights and alone, plus in Dark Arisen they cut down the Increase on some of them from 70% to 20% as well (not to sure if that made a huge difference since never played the game before DA come out).

Maybe I am looking at it wrong when it comes to the Pawns. Firstly on their Inclinations, if they have either Guardian or Nexus, or worse, having both (!) then they gone. Acquisitor (picking up loot) isn't the best either but if it is in second place I can live with it. If they are ok then look at their quests, locations (neither to important) and then bestiary, which I consider more important of those three. After that as to what magic they do, so say a Mage without healing, then it's gone. Also like if Mage and Sorcerer both has some buff they can give, especially Holy or Fire.

But also look at their Stats, do like if they have some resistances and high magic defence. Maybe I am looking at things wrong though. Think I pick a higher level and see if there is much difference between them, feels a bit 'wrong' running around with a lvl 31 when at lvl 44 myself. :p

If you remember your pawns name and class, then I could always search for it since it is possible to search by level and class. Although since you say 120s somewhere I just go with the class and name. I wont mind having a look for you ! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom