Draught Beer/Lager at home?

Soldato
Got sick of being on the list for a Perfect Draft, got a Sub delivered yesterday along with 8 mixed beers as a starter pack, must say 1st impressions are good

Soldato
Just had an email that PerfectDraft machines are back in stock if anyone wants one, I've got the sub so aren't bothered about one of those

Associate
Hey

wondering if anyone could measure their PD machine and list the dimensions of just the unit - i think the measurements quoted on the site include the handle and drip tray

Soldato
Had my PerfectDraft machine since November last year, and I won a Blade machine on a raffle website last week; which got delivered on Friday, so I'm currently drinking Moretti from that, don't have any kegs left for the PerfectDraft at the minute.

Don
Sold my chiller setup and bought a Lindr Kontakt 40

The full chiller setup was too much hassle for once a year

Leaves me with 2 x PD for day to day and the LIndr for parties

Associate
Do you drink more since getting one of these?

(I’d be slightly worried that i’d get one and drink a lot more than I do at the moment!)

Soldato
Maybe broken then. I have to press the buttons on mine quite hard although it is old now.

Yeah mines a few years old now. first time I've had it happen, don't think I've ever used the buttons. Oh well its just a visual thing, just wanted to double check if there was an easy fix.

Plus side looking forward to a few clwb tropica when its chilled properly hopefully later this evening.

Soldato
Yeah mines a few years old now. first time I've had it happen, don't think I've ever used the buttons. Oh well its just a visual thing, just wanted to double check if there was an easy fix.

Plus side looking forward to a few clwb tropica when its chilled properly hopefully later this evening.

Must be a coincidence but woken up this morning and my machine looks knackered, the display is all faulty and new ones are expensive now.... I remember paying £179 with 2 kegs :o

Soldato
Must be a coincidence but woken up this morning and my machine looks knackered, the display is all faulty and new ones are expensive now.... I remember paying £179 with 2 kegs :o

I feel like I may have jinxed yours, my bad!

But yeah they have gone up a fair bit I just looked up my order. I paid £212 for the tiny rebel bundle which is now £278! I also bought 3 more kegs to go with it on a 3 for 2 offer so paid £272 for the machine, 4 kegs and a some glasses. I wish they would run the 3 for 2 offer again.

When the PD gives up the ghost one day I think I'll move to a blade, I love an IPA but can never drink too much of it and birra moretti is by far my favourite lager. Plus the kegs work out cheaper too £31 for 8L of moretti! and if i ever fancy an IPA they have Lagunitas which I don't think i've paid less than £7 a pint for it so again at £40 for 8L is a bargain.

Caporegime
Considering getting a PD but I have a few questions

-does the beer really taste like draught? I am always disappointed with bottles at home but never know if it's psychological or really that much different draught
-what's the running cost in electricity?
-would you guys with one get it again?

It's 210 with a keg at the moment with the 70 off offer.
Just in time for summer.

Back
Top Bottom