Draught Beer/Lager at home?

Soldato
Has anyone tried the Pinter?

I know it's a different level and you're restricted to beers, but it seems to be more cost effective than most. I just struggle to justify a PD when the beers are ~£3 a pint and i can get some beers i enjoy a lot more in can form for that.

I’m quite tempted by The Pinter, but seems a bit on the high side. Could probably price up a BrewInABag set up for not a lot of money which gives more variety. But I like it for its ease and the beer choices are pretty good. I’m moving home in a couple weeks - this seems like a good hint for a housewarming gift!

Soldato
I’m quite tempted by The Pinter, but seems a bit on the high side. Could probably price up a BrewInABag set up for not a lot of money which gives more variety. But I like it for its ease and the beer choices are pretty good. I’m moving home in a couple weeks - this seems like a good hint for a housewarming gift!

Interesting, i hadn't seen those brewinabag setups, that's tempting. Although i've always had rubbish success with homebrew in the past.

Soldato
I like the idea of the Perfect draft, but when you see the costs for the nicer beers (even the discounted ones) I still prefer to get the variety of small cans for home consumption. If you drink the same beer all the time it makes sense, but where's the fun in that!

Caporegime
I've looked at perfect draft a few times and nearly bought it but I like to try different and usually beers. Being tied to 6l at a time puts me off.
Sounds like the smaller kit with the Torps might be better for you? The perfect draft kegs are quite big if you find you don’t like the beer.

Associate
Thanks, i was only looking at the headline price, i suppose with the additional discounts it's actually much better.

It's a weird thing where you have a machine and then add some pre-packaged ingredients, add water and leave it for a while to home brew yeah. It needs storing in the fridge though so i imagine that's part of why it's cheaper as they don't need to design a better unit. Works out around £1.30 a pint

https://thegreatergood.co.uk/

I was gifted a Pinter recently and for a bit for fun it is pretty good and the beer was quite tasty.

During lockdown I have ordered 48 cans for £50 quid delivered from Brewdog and recently bought 24 cans for 25 quid from Beerhawk so this is my main issue with it. You can get "better" beer cheaper for less hassle and mess!

AeBgJs0.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Finally managed to order a Perfect Draft machine. Along with Tiny Rebel Clwb Tropica for starters.
Where from? I’m considering getting my Dad one of the smaller units that take the torps.

Noticed they’re showing the Perfect draft machine available only as a Budweiser starter pack. https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/beer-hawk-perfectdraft-budweiser-starter-bundle given the price of the keg separately that’s around £245 for the machine. And I thought price gouging only happened in the PC enthusiast world!

Soldato
Where from? I’m considering getting my Dad one of the smaller units that take the torps.

Noticed they’re showing the Perfect draft machine available only as a Budweiser starter pack. https://www.beerhawk.co.uk/beer-hawk-perfectdraft-budweiser-starter-bundle given the price of the keg separately that’s around £245 for the machine. And I thought price gouging only happened in the PC enthusiast world!
Got mine from beerhawk, machine and two glasses.
The machine on it's own is £249 so that's a normal price.
£218 in Costco.

Soldato
We use a couple of Heineken blades in the Cafe. Not enough turnover for Draught apart from height of season so not worth it... The secret is making sure the Kegs are chilled and allowed to settle in the machine for a decent pour.
Bonus is they last ages. Which is great when its quiet.

Soldato
We use a couple of Heineken blades in the Cafe. Not enough turnover for Draught apart from height of season so not worth it... The secret is making sure the Kegs are chilled and allowed to settle in the machine for a decent pour.
Bonus is they last ages. Which is great when its quiet.
I'm planning on getting a subcold 85 or something similar should fit plenty of drinks and a keg or two in it.

Back
Top Bottom