Draught Beer/Lager at home?

Commissario
It's good for putting in slug traps around the vegetable patch but certainly not human consumption.

On a more serious note, the 8 pint mini casks provide a better head than a bottle or can IMO.
Of course, the other opinion is that beer shouldn’t be served with a head (unless it’s Guinness). ;)

Associate
I have a Cornelius maxi 310 4 line chiller and just slap 50 litre barrels on it :p

ignore the crap beer that was on it on this occasion, was just beer for the masses for a BBQ

20988317_10154902328871847_1855077584019159198_o.jpg
@Rotty can I ask where you got your beer tower from ?I have been looking for one that shows the badges facing the same way as the spouts and yours is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks. David.

Associate
I am currently buying all the individual parts needed for my home setup and nearly got it all but the tower is the one thing I have been struggling to find that meets my needs as it has to be front facing (Taps and logos) which is exactly what Rotty has.

Don
@Rotty can I ask where you got your beer tower from ?I have been looking for one that shows the badges facing the same way as the spouts and yours is exactly what I am looking for. Thanks. David.

I hired it and they never collected it :p

The badges are from the top of the barrels but if you want the pump taps I have a mate who usually has loads of stuff, what area are you ?

Soldato
OP
I've registered. Not 100% sure i'll order but it's not a terrible price.

Given it works out over £2 a pint. How do you find it compared to just buying bottles of Affligem, which i'd say was cheaper.

Also how long do the Torps last (unopened)

It seems to have a smoother taste from the torp. £8.88 in Sainsburys for 2L so there is only 11p in it :)

Associate
I have one of these.
The machine is pretty good and is quite easy to use.
The cost of the torps is the squeeze though as you have to spend over £50 to get free delivery.
I wonder how long it will be before there are compatibles on the market.
Will be great for BBQ's in the summer though.

Soldato
OP
I have one of these.
The machine is pretty good and is quite easy to use.
The cost of the torps is the squeeze though as you have to spend over £50 to get free delivery.
I wonder how long it will be before there are compatibles on the market.
Will be great for BBQ's in the summer though.

My last order contained 26 torps! :eek:

Caporegime
I think it all comes down to how much you drink and how much money you have.

Draught is the same thing as whats in the bottles apart from it gets pumped through a chiller and poured out a tap.

I'm sure you could easily buy a device which makes a bottle pour like a tap and get the same effect.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0776ZQ...t=&hvlocphy=1006886&hvtargid=pla-387812233094

something like this. looks hassle free.

getting a proper line, keg and cooler system would be overkill. unless you drink a keg every week or so. then you have to clean the lines. have a backup keg, backup gas, have the cooler on 24/7. it just doesn't work. hiring out a system for a weekend isn't cheap either.

Soldato
I've been looking at the SUB torp option vs the Perfect Draft.

From what I can see the Perfect Draft has a better selection available, but it's more costly, and dealing with empty kegs is a bit more annoying.

Has anyone got a Perfect Draft? If so how are you finding it?

Beerhawk give 20% off when buying 4 of them, and you get £5 back each time you "recycle" a keg which is decent, but you can only spend that fiver at Beerhawk again and you also need to get that Keg down to a Collect+ place yourself to send it.

Do the pipes need cleaning on it and if so how often/how much of a pain is it to maintain?

I also don't really want to spend £240 on a machine, I've heard they occasionally go for closer to £100 but not seen that confirmed anywhere.

Associate
I’m looking into it as well the torps are small 2 liters vs 6 for perfect draft.

The kegs also last longer once opened on perfect draft 30 days instead of 15.

There’s a good group on Facebook been looking on that has useful info on there.

Reading it looks like there’s a bit of a shortage on kegs at the moment.

Soldato
No pipes to clean on either machine, the torps and kegs both come with a new tube. Maintenance wise, its just cleaning the drip tray occasionally and wiping the machine down if you wish.

Beerhawk did the PD machines at £99 each recently on the facebook group 'Perfect draft keg tips', and the sub has a new compact version that is £50.

Beerhawk will also arrange collection of kegs if you have 4 or more, but they use yodel and they are crap.

Soldato
No pipes to clean on either machine, the torps and kegs both come with a new tube. Maintenance wise, its just cleaning the drip tray occasionally and wiping the machine down if you wish.

Beerhawk did the PD machines at £99 each recently on the facebook group 'Perfect draft keg tips', and the sub has a new compact version that is £50.

Beerhawk will also arrange collection of kegs if you have 4 or more, but they use yodel and they are crap.

At £99 I'd def be tempted. Any evidence of that deal like a pic or something so I can ask them about it?

Edit - deal not seal lol

Last edited:
Soldato
It was posted on Facebook not the website. They sold many more than expected I think and subsequently ran out of many of the beers and supply is still struggling to catch up.

Back
Top Bottom