Draught Beer/Lager at home?

Associate
I got the sub recently the cheap one at £49.
I've only used 2 torps so far, and had the same issue with both of them...the beer flow is far too fast resulting in a glass of froth. I've tried different release points of the handle and it all seems the same.
Once the head of foam settles down, the taste of the beer is absolutely fantastic, it tastes so fresh and is the perfect temperature... got birra moretti and it tastes just as good as my local pubs moretti on draught.
If it wasn't for the foam issues I'd give it a 10/10.

Soldato
Been really tempted to get one, seen on the reviews on you tube if you don’t pull back really quick it causes a lot of foam.

I figured it was worth a go at less than £50 for the machine, if someone refers you, you get 15% off (only the machine) which takes it down to £41.65 for some reason. My link is here but don't feel you have to use it or anything.

The best tactic is to order the machine and enough Torps to get to £50 for free delivery, then order additional Torps in a new order up to £50 again as there is a 10% off Torps code (FTB8S7S1391). you can't stack codes on the same order.

Top Cash Back are also doing £3 off a £5 spend today, so if you can track the purchases in that you get a bit extra back, but make sure you activate that offer first.

I have heard that if you wet the glass first and put the handle down quickly it should be OK, probably just takes a bit of getting used to.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got the sub recently the cheap one at £49.
I've only used 2 torps so far, and had the same issue with both of them...the beer flow is far too fast resulting in a glass of froth. I've tried different release points of the handle and it all seems the same.
Once the head of foam settles down, the taste of the beer is absolutely fantastic, it tastes so fresh and is the perfect temperature... got birra moretti and it tastes just as good as my local pubs moretti on draught.
If it wasn't for the foam issues I'd give it a 10/10.

Managed to try the machine for the first time tonight. I don't know if it helps but so far I have found a combination of 3 things makes this less of a problem.

1. Rinse the glass out quickly first with cold water.
2. Put it under the tap at a good angle to begin with.
3. Pull the handle down nice and fast.

My first attempts didn't go too crazy with these methods. Maybe try a different glass type if you aren't having much luck with the one you are using.

I'd probably get a Perfect Draft as well at the right price, I like the different selections on both that and the Sub.

Soldato
Tempted by the sub but at 2 litres could be changing them quite often

I've had a Leffe Royale perfect draft keg - it looked more like 5 litres. Made do with a tent peg to keep the tap in and wood chisel sharpener to act as the valve. Things you do when you're not going to spend €250 on the rest of it..

Don
Re the Sub (got one for Xmas)

If your Torps are pre chilled in fridge can you use them straight away after swapping?

Read a bit about cooling times and if you have to wait after swapping that makes it pretty useless if you have people round

Soldato
Re the Sub (got one for Xmas)

If your Torps are pre chilled in fridge can you use them straight away after swapping?

Read a bit about cooling times and if you have to wait after swapping that makes it pretty useless if you have people round

Yeah you can use them straight out of the fridge. Sub machine cools them slightly more than a normal fridge would though.

Back
Top Bottom