Draught Beer/Lager at home?

Caporegime
Re the Sub (got one for Xmas)

If your Torps are pre chilled in fridge can you use them straight away after swapping?

Read a bit about cooling times and if you have to wait after swapping that makes it pretty useless if you have people round

i found it to be crap. it just foamed even when up to temp. wasn't even that cold either. even stuck the sub in the freezer for 15 mins (after being in the fridge) before putting in the machine.

these home pint systems are just a gimmick. i'd rather have a can or bottle for half the price.

Don
setup for this weekend, ignore the fosters/strongbow that's for the peasants, 3rd keg is decent

69495836_10156412066551847_3304135881459236864_o.jpg

just bought a perfect draft too which is pretty impressive, key of clwb tropicana on earlier this week

Caporegime
did you rent all that or buy it?

also how quickly you planning on drinking 240 pints? or are they half kegs?

it looks like you have enough space for like 4 people in the tent after all that equipment. seems like overkill tbh.

had it been a proper marquee for a large party of 100 or so people i can see the benefit of such a system so i'd be interested to know as that is something i attend regularly and they usually just have 12 cases of bottles in 2 fridges.

Don
The black system on left is a maxi 310 which belongs to me, the saver one on the right is a Lindr which I borrowed from local craft beer pub

There are 2 x 88 pint kegs and 1 x 53 pint , 229 pint total

There were 10 poker players and then the odd person that popped in

Was a 2 day event and they polished the lot off :D

Caporegime
The black system on left is a maxi 310 which belongs to me, the saver one on the right is a Lindr which I borrowed from local craft beer pub

There are 2 x 88 pint kegs and 1 x 53 pint , 229 pint total

There were 10 poker players and then the odd person that popped in

Was a 2 day event and they polished the lot off :D
I’m enjoying a nice fosters now. Does that mean I’m a peasant :(

Don
Just bought a brand new Perfect Draft system

Shifted a sub compact on recently, will probably shift my old PD 3600 on cheaply too, only bought the new one as it was on offer and my old one was missing a drip tray :p got to stop spending ;)

Have 5 x 6l kegs of Clwb Tropicana to shift too, awesome beer and makes the PD even better than it was before

Can't type for toffee
Don
Been humming n haring for ages on the pd kits.
Clwb bunvle is very tempting like

I did look at picking the pd 2nd hand tho but there's so many diff model numbers

@Rotty are there any specific models to look to for the best results or are they just slight revisions each time?

How you ended up with an abundance of Clwb kegs lol

Don
Been humming n haring for ages on the pd kits.
Clwb bunvle is very tempting like

I did look at picking the pd 2nd hand tho but there's so many diff model numbers

@Rotty are there any specific models to look to for the best results or are they just slight revisions each time?

How you ended up with an abundance of Clwb kegs lol

3720 is latest one but is little different from the 3610

early 2 were the 3600 and 3610 , 3610 has new shape but no temp gauge, 3600 is a different shape but does have a temp gauge

mechanically they are all pretty mush the same. great machines, they are supposed to chill to 3C min but 5 or 6 is more realistic and, to be fair, probably more suitable temp for most beers

I have the 5 kegs due to a 4 for 3 offer and then 1 more from the bundle offer

Last edited:
Can't type for toffee
Don
What's the ones without a temp gauge? Just an led to say chilled enough?

The pd range does seem to have a far better selection than the sub imho. I've also found a place a bit cheaper than beerhawk for the kegs, wonder if I'd still be able to trade them Into beerhawk... Hmm

With you having had both @Rotty is the pd a much better system than the sub?

Don
What's the ones without a temp gauge? Just an led to say chilled enough?

The pd range does seem to have a far better selection than the sub imho. I've also found a place a bit cheaper than beerhawk for the kegs, wonder if I'd still be able to trade them Into beerhawk... Hmm

With you having had both @Rotty is the pd a much better system than the sub?

yes 3610 just has a LED

PD is loads better than the sub though sub still has its use for a quick couple of pints on a night

Associate
I've had a search of the forums & can find no mention of any of these machines at home, there are a few out there at varying prices starting at just over £100.

The wife has bought me a "Sub" from Heineken for Christmas which she got on a black Friday deal for a paltry £69 with 4 litres of Heineken included (Normally £169 with no drink!).

I haven't tried it yet as I'm not allowed it until the big day but a work colleague assures me it is brilliant, he has two of them. Not the cheapest way to have a beer at home I guess but has anyone else got the same machine or similar?

I have a small collection of mini kegs to try when i get my hands on the machine -

9N3b50O.jpg

Cheers! :)

Hey i have 1 of these machines theres a page on twitter called the sub compact beer club lol and they post discount codes a saving is always betted

Associate
Really does deppend on what u like drinking i got the sub compact because i like IPA's in 2litre torps but the perfect draught machine is also good because u buy kegs of beer visit beerhawk or beerwulf see which beers you would rather drink theres also a twitter page called the sub compact beer club i think its a newish page but they post discount codes for beerwulf

Back
Top Bottom