Driveclub more details

Associate
Driveclub Hands On Impression.

Right so I got the game today and had the chance to literally play it for about 3-4 hours allowing me to reach Level 11 for today. My primary focus were tour events altogether, and then I played couple of Multiplayer Games.

- Game's visuals, environments, car model are gorgeous. Specially the environments stand out. Very detailed with soft lightning and breath taking scenery. I have played many racing games in past but the country side Evolution has captured is miles apart. Jaw was Dropped literally. Imagine how weather will make it standout further.
- Car Handling is solid, fluid, tight and intuitive. The game is arcadey but the fundamental elements of under steer and over steer are present. Cars had weight. Overall fluid as hell and responsive as a blink of an eye. But I found it towards the easier side of gameplay. If you are into racing and knows the basics of apex, braking etc then you can easily control your car. Felt forgiving and less challenging. Well its not a Sim of course :)
- Sense of Speed is what I enjoyed the most whoaaa I mean literally the 2nd tier cars felt so speedy imagine a Hennesy Venom. Brilliant and scary at times.
- AI is aggressive although I was playing on Semi Pro so yes AI will give you tough work to do once you progress higher into tour events.
- There is a log of every race you do created and you can send challenges to Solo or Club mates so easily. Loved it. Leader board at the end of race and eyeing at your friends score better than you really wants you go back and beat him up.
- I am a casual racer but Driveclub is turning me out to shave off those tenth of seconds which I never bothered before and man this is good stuff.
- Main menu is easy simple straight forward with one of the best soundtracks after NFS 6 and Most wanted. Brilliant. Pumps you up further.
- Multiplayer has prebuilt events which you can register and wait for a minute and a half to get into matches which was annoying. However the racing was exhilarating and very fast. I got a loaned Marrusia and wooof I go. was hell fun. Driving it across Norway was thrilling. There were less people and many disconnections from DC Servers too. Multiplayer helped in progression too. And it separates you in two teams to race Red and Blue and one that gets most points wins the race.
- Locations are very good and point to point is most fun. Some circuits and race tracks are really silly in terms of how casually small and easy they are. Plus circuit laps will not provide enough variety across the race as point to point does.
- India was least impressive of all and Norway, Scottland and Canada were breathtaking. Chile had great environments too.
- You have rumble intensity options, you can change Dual Shock button mapping which I did for Handbrake and mapped it to Square from Circle, you have some steering wheel assists etc
- Weather is phenomenal clouds, stormy clouds, clear, time of dawn and dusk superb.
- There is some aliasing here and there but not much. I don't know but I found environments more detailed than cars. Some flickering shadows too but wouldn't bother.
- Tours is really fun it hooked me up bad. Progression and races and specially those individual objectives are really fun plus add those face offs which are extremely fun to beat.

- The game is overall very fun and impressive plus the cherry on top are its environments,, sound and gameply combined with social aspects. The only Con I think it has is the forgiving driving model. Once you get the feel of it and you know the track it will be an easy thing but shaving those drift points, cornering, sectors etc will add on to its challenge.

And yes I dont know if its a bug or what but if a car hits you from behind, your Fame score deducts point which was plain stupid. I mean it was not my fault :/

And yes I am somewhere 1000 on the leader-board :D Imagine :p

9/10 - STUNNING!!!!

this quote from someone who got it early ,if it plays like pgr3 i'll be happy

Soldato
Same old racing, but can't help but thinking while watching that video of the original nfs titles.

Open road mountain courses, flash cars behind the dash, all im seeing is nfs 1-5, some of my most enjoyable times.

Regrettably i might have to go for a ps4... realy didn't want to after the ps3 gathers dust, time/work and all that.

Associate
Sorely tempted to get it early from the US,what`s the steps in doing so and whats the downside? Only been a PS4 owner for a week. :D

It's pretty simple - you just need to make a US account, log in with that on your console (via switch users, very quick) go to the store, buy the game, once it's downloading you can switch back to your EU account and you'll never need to switch back to the US one again unless you plan to buy DLC for the game.

Hardest bit is putting money on the US account. Best way I've found is to buy US PSN cards through Amazon (they e-mail you the code) but to do so you need to enter a US billing address, I just googled a hotel's address and used that.

Associate
I pre purchased drive club upgrade due next week, I was asking due to the fact that on completing off order it asks for funds to be in my Wallet although lI have a card tied to playstation network for transactions would I still have to put funds into the wallet which seams very daft ?

Associate
Gutted - I had an invite to visit Evolution Studios yesterday (15 min drive away) to play play Driveclub in some community event, but couldn't go as it was my brother-in-law's stag do. Everyone who went got a free copy of the game early!

And here's me with a hangover and £150 worse off:D

Soldato
I pre purchased drive club upgrade due next week, I was asking due to the fact that on completing off order it asks for funds to be in my Wallet although lI have a card tied to playstation network for transactions would I still have to put funds into the wallet which seams very daft ?

It will use funds in your wallet if available. If not it will use your registered primary card.

Associate
It's pretty simple - you just need to make a US account, log in with that on your console (via switch users, very quick) go to the store, buy the game, once it's downloading you can switch back to your EU account and you'll never need to switch back to the US one again unless you plan to buy DLC for the game.

Hardest bit is putting money on the US account. Best way I've found is to buy US PSN cards through Amazon (they e-mail you the code) but to do so you need to enter a US billing address, I just googled a hotel's address and used that.

Heard with doing this,you get some issues with any dlc related to the game?

Bit of digging and you can sign up to US psn and get 14 days free psn+,wonder if you`ll be able to get the free drive club with that,it`d do till i get the UK digital one Friday.

Last edited:
Soldato

whats the price from the US Store as apposed to UK?

Soldato
just buy a prepaid PSN card from a key website, gets you the game for £30 and makes it as hassle free as it can be

Got mine from G2A said £28.00 on site, was £30 at checkout, ah well still a good price for me

Also seems twitch have been removing any streams, seen a load with TOS breach messages, yesterday there were a ton of people streaming, today i cant find any and those that are listed are offline :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom