• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

Caporegime
OP
Right, I've had my browser up and running with plenty of usage since 3pm (353.00), that's nearly 5 hours without a driver has stopped responding. The latest drivers would give me one every 10mins..

Now on to The Witcher 3

Caporegime
OP
Yeh everything was working perfectly, but in my rush to have the latest drivers I jumped for the 353.06 and 353.12 then everything went wrong. First all those driver had stopped responding problems, then the big game crash. Thought it was just my end and I saw a flood of issues on this forum and guru3D.

Hopefully, HOPEFULLY the polling rate of 5000-6000 on MSI and the 353.00's fix it

Does msi afterburner polling rate effect performance?

See this -

You can also configure the polling rate, which is the amount of time MSI Afterburner should check your hardware to gather stats. I recommend leaving the polling settings alone, if you set those values really low you might actually hurt performance while playing games because MSI Afterburner is querying devices too often.

I've set a much higher polling rate because I don't want it constantly checking/updating, plus someone else mentioned it fixed their driver stopped responding issues

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Well no driver has stopped responding or The Witcher 3 crashes today, so I'm staying on these drivers and the msi afterburner tweaks I did

Caporegime
OP
If you get Witcher 3 crashes, it may not just be your drivers :p

It can be the game

qycmef.jpg

Caporegime
OP
Just had driver stopped responding on the desktop with the 353.00 drivers, was idle with twitch streaming on 2nd monitor.

Have changed hardware polling rate to 5000 from 1000 in MSI AB, will see how it goes now. If another happens will go back to 350.12 as they were perfect for me

Well that sucks :(

Thanks for trying the next tweak, hopefully that fixes it

Caporegime
OP
Another positive

It seems upping the polling rate in Afterburner fixed both Chrome crashes and game crashes. Using Afterburner 4.1.1 with a polling rate of 6000 and driver 353.06 has so far stopped the random crashes and recovery in chrome and the games tested are Far Cry 4, Unity, and Witcher 3. Normally driver would crash/recover after around 1/2 hour to an hour of activity. Only been changed for ~a day so far, but looks promising.

On this end, computer has been on since 4pm, still no driver has stopped responding in chrome/games when fixing the polling rate :)

Remember though that other gpu monitor software will most likely also have polling rates which need to be changed.

Wonder what Nvidia and or MSI Afterburner has changed :confused:

Back
Top Bottom