• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

Caporegime
OP
It's early days but those hotfix drivers have definitely fixed it, I've tried doing things that 100% caused crashes on the previous drivers and it doesn't on this set. Thanks again :)

True but from my testing these drivers perform a lot worse in The Witcher 3 for performance with notable frame rate drops. Instead of constant 70 fps they were dropping to 65 fps or less at times with tearing!

353.00 did not do this

Caporegime
OP
I can't believe how many people are still having " Driver has stopped responding " problems and have gone back to the 350.12's with complete stability. Since using the latest 353.51 ( Leaked driver ) I was getting these damn TDR's again, then again on the 353.49. So now I'm back on the 353.38 which previously was completely stable. :rolleyes:

Here are other driver feedbacks

EVGA GTX 780ti Superclocked ACX:

Current status: I never had any Chrome or Opera or Mozilla or ETC crash what so ever with any driver ever, just recently i had problems with games crashing, starting with 352.86:

353.06, 353.30, 353.48 hotfix and 353.49 hotfix cause confirmed crashes/TDR/(Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.) in Witcher 3 anywhere between 10 minutes to 4 hours of playing it.

352.86 causes confirmed crashes/TDR/(Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.) in Kholat(Unreal 4 survival/horror/mystery game) and Garry's Mod anywhere between 1 to 3 hours of playing them.

Reverted back to the GTAV drivers 350.12 and I am enjoying the full stability i used to have for 10 months straight in games, no crashes/TDR/(Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.)

Had the first TDR with driver version 353.49 today on my EVGA gtx980ti SC+ while GPU was in idle state, no game was running.

These driver issues are not just Maxwell issues, Kepler too. I have GTX 780ti and have issues with TDRs if use any driver higher than 350.12.

Caporegime
OP
According to NVIDIA they're still investigating the reason for so many TDRs and video scheduler internal error BSOD's.

It started after users complained that Kepler performance was nerfed :o

I'm staying on 353.38 until Nvidia get their act together for good

User said - Was just about to post on the other hotfix that I still had crashes on Witcher 3 with my 680 card. Guess i'll try this one too before i get real upset.

ManualG - That is still something we are investigating.

Caporegime
OP
Caporegime
OP
For what it's worth I've not had a single crash yet with the 353.38 drivers! Before these I had constant desktop crashes (not games) with every single 353.xx before these. I'm sticking on these for the foreseeable.

I'd stay on those, don't even bother with the new ones. If it works leave it alone, one thing I never learn :D

Caporegime
OP
As the 350.12 drivers have been completely stable for three weeks, with bios mod for constant volts at load. I'm now going to try the 353.62. Wish me luck :p

Back
Top Bottom