• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Driver Has Stopped Responding - Nvidia Driver Crashes

Caporegime
OP
Got my 980ti G1 card today, installed the latest driver (353.06) and keep getting multiple errors in GTA 5.

I've been advised to download GeForce Hotfix driver 353.00, is that the most stable one at the moment?

For your 980 ti G1, perhaps. If they don't want to install not much I can do :(

Caporegime
OP
Then I remembered something I had changed a while back in 'services.msc' (Windows start -> Run) to check if the 'NVIDIA Streamer Service" was still disabled, but lo and behold it was running.

Nvidia streamer service is only installed if you install the useless tat that comes with the Nvidia software that isn't just the DRIVER and PHYSX.

Caporegime
OP
Setting the program settings in NVCP for my games to "prefer maximum performance" seems to have stopped it happening for now. Seems to agree with this voltage drop/ ramping on boost thing that people are going on about.

This is another placebo, such as disabling geforce experience, putting Physx on auto and setting frame ahead to 1

Caporegime
OP
I just got a desktop crash today after 2 days of no issues. Opened an excel document, that was it!

Sucks :( As I was saying to people with all their possible fixes, it's all a Placebo. Thankfully I've had no crashes at all this week, but that doesn't mean I wont get one any time soon. These latest drivers are really bad

Caporegime
OP
Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
Seems to be deathly silence from NVidia - is it not possible to leverage OcUK and get them to pester a rep? Sorry if that's been suggested already, haven't read the whole thread.

Well one of the Nvidia guys came into Guru3D said they wanted people to come forward, page after page of comments stepped up to help out. ManualG said a fix was found, then nothing for days! Finally a Game Ready Driver comes out which only adds a Batman profile with no mention to any issues with TDR or any of the crashes which are all over the place on different forums.

The latest drivers were awful on my card, went back a few drivers, no problems since. It seems what ever Nvidia did when fixing performance problems for older cards borked more modern ones

Caporegime
OP
After grueling weekend with my new GTX 980 Ti, I find that , with so many crashes, it needs a new BIOS to opperate properly. The EVGA Precision KBoost can keep it rock steady...no crashing computer or CTDs.
This is really important to me, as I saved up for 2 years to buy this card , only to find it fundamentally defective , but easily remedied. A new driver will never fully fix it any more than it did for the GTX970 cards. It is the throttling that crashes it. Please get the word out..please! It is the only way to get Nvidia to respond quickly.

Urg :(:o:(

Caporegime
OP
1 hour and 30mins since my last post, been playing a game with chrome open and i have not had a crash since.

now i will try it with hardware acceleration turned on.

D1craig, it can take anything from 15mins up to a week. Some people it's been fine since the first 353.06 release and is only happening now.

Caporegime
OP
But it took all of 5 minutes and I'm able to use my machine. All we seem to be hearing is people saying "It's crashing every 5 minutes, fix your **** NVIDIA!"

True, look at my fixes, they've worked perfectly for me, as such I get 70fps (locked) and it never drops in The Witcher 3. But I'll be damned if I go back to the 353.x any time soon

Caporegime
OP
Hi, it's not so much they're staying quiet it's just taken them quite awhile to reproduce it frequently enough. I've not been able to at all.

Hopefully the hotfix will fix it

To put this in perspective..

On the 353.06 drivers I was getting a TDR at least twice a week, with black screen crashes in games more so. When I moved to the 353.12 I was getting a TDR every 15mins and The Witcher 3 didn't last 3 hours without a black screen crash. Back to the 353.00 driver and I've had ONE TDR in a week and that was just because I had Hardware Acceleration turned on in Chrome.

Never had any TDR's previous to the 353.s

Back
Top Bottom