Driving a mr2 on bald tyres

Man of Honour
Excellent. :D

I knew he was talking a load of bull when he said he was insured on an MR2 at 17 in Ireland. When I was 18 I was paying over £3k on a Passat diesel in NI, and insurance is cheaper in the north. IF he could even have got insured I imagine he'd be paying well over 5000 euro a year.

Man of Honour
tommy_knockers said:
Brought the new tyres.

Decided to get 215/40/16 Falkens FK452 on rear and 195/50/15 Toyo proxies on front.

Came to 180 euro alotgehte.
45 Euro a piece? That's cheap for Toyo Proxes.

You can stop trying to convince us, we've already concluded that you have a habit of telling wee white lies ;)

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Gaygle said:
Hmmm can you tell me where you get your tyres from? Because for £30 per corner for Toyo Proxies, they are probably the cheapest in the world. You are so full of ****.

Just under £32 a corner for Toyos in that size on mytyres and that's without haggling :) I'd expect my independant to beat them @£30.

Proxies are relatively cheap for performance tyres.

Last edited:
Caporegime
tommy_knockers said:
Brought the new tyres.

Decided to get 215/40/16 Falkens FK452 on rear and 195/50/15 Toyo proxies on front.

im tempted to dare you to post a picture of the black new shape MR2 with the new tyres on

but it also occurs to me, your parents may just be stupid enough to own an MR2, and let the tread on it get that low

and your in fact jus passing off your parents car as your own, with an added sprinkling of BS about your driving it and spinning it in a corner

so i wont bother.

Soldato
Ev0 said:
Just under £32 a corner for Toyos in that size on mytyres and that's without haggling :) I'd expect my independant to beat them @£30.

Proxies are relatively cheap for performance tyres.

Holy cow! But i failed to look at the size of his wheel. I remember when my brother brought them for a type r wheel, they were £90 i think (inc fitting)

Is it difficult to fit tyres yourself?

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
Gaygle said:
Holy cow! But i failed to look at the size of his wheel. I remember when my brother brought them for a type r wheel, they were £90 i think (inc fitting)

Is it difficult to fit tyres yourself?

I wouldn't want to try without a) knowing what I was doing, and B) without any of the kit.

195/50/15 is a very cheap size to buy in :)

Permabanned
funcatstfuhp1.jpg

U

cockpf7.jpg

Man of Honour
tommy_knockers said:
Brought the new tyres.

So you've gone for two different types of brand new tyre? Why? And why are your rear wheels larger than your front wheels?

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
And why are your rear wheels larger than your front wheels?

It's not massively uncommon, and doesn't matter too much aslong as the tyre sizes match up. I can't see why (if ever) Toyota would do it with such small wheels though :o

Man of Honour
Serj said:
It's not massively uncommon, and doesn't matter too much aslong as the tyre sizes match up. I can't see why (if ever) Toyota would do it with such small wheels though :o

No, it's not uncommon but it's fairly pointless unless you've gone for wider wheels at the back. Mine are wider at the back but the actual rim diamater is the same.

Back
Top Bottom