Driving Laws!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I can't believe this is the only thread on the subject.

I've heard about it non-stop in the news.

I mean, luckily it won't affect me, but it's going to cause a real headache for my GF's younger sister! As such, she's not stopped moaning about it.

Permabanned
Yea, my sisters very upset, she bought a 1.3 KA for when she passed her test and needs to buy a smaller one now :(

This word of mouth advertising system the government are now using seems to have failed a few people though, maybe its not that great.

Yea, my sisters very upset, she bought a 1.3 KA for when she passed her test and needs to buy a smaller one now :(

This word of mouth advertising system the government are now using seems to have failed a few people though, maybe its not that great.

imo it should be done on engine output, not size. for example a 1.2 16v engine way outperforms the powerless (and extremely rubbish) 1.4 8v engine out a xsara/saxo/306, and as a KA is 59hp imo it is fine for a 1st car.
I think 1.2litres is too small, it is going to make a 1st car very expensive due to demand. Does this mean my micra will increase in price?!

Also stopping me driving my mates at night. im 19 1/2 years old I been passed 2 years now I think its way OTT. yes stop 17year olds doing it but come on I am an adult.

Last edited:
Soldato
I also heard that the government had passed a law to have the word 'gullible' removed from the dictionary.

Along with the new driving regulations, this too was left out of the draft of the Queen's Speech as rumour was thought to be a better alternative to get the message across.

Associate
Oh this thread is very funny I particularly liked the guys panicking about having to get rid of their current cars :D

But seriously the changes I posted are actually likley to happen shortly.

Soldato
The change to driving age from 17 to 18 has been talked about for the past many many years, must be something like 5-7 years or something.
Still nothing has happened yet.

I don't give a monkeys if they change the laws etc. I've passed, when I was 17, I'm now getting on for 21, so none of the changes would really effect me, if they were real. :p

InvG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom