Driving with the wrong plates penalty?

Soldato
I can't recall if he mentioned how they found it, perhaps there was an owners club sticker on the car which the prosecutor found, then started checking the forums for similarly described events within the timeframe of the incident?

Last year I attended a ‘voluntary’ interview under caution. Part of the disclosure provided to my solicitor was that they had pulled browser history from several mobile/broadband/landline accounts linked to me. As the incident had nothing to do with any form of online activity/communication, that made little sense under the circumstances, but my solicitor confirmed this was now ‘normal’ since the snoopers charter came in. I would imagine if someone is going to court and they had posted asking for advice on a forum, then it would be very easy to identify them and the posts made using a basic key word search within the date range and if for any reason what you were telling the police differed from the details you had posted, then that is unlikely to help your situation.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Part of the disclosure provided to my solicitor was that they had pulled browser history from several mobile/broadband/landline accounts linked to me.

Seems a bit odd as they wouldn't be able to confirm they were actually connected to you unless you confirmed it or some other investigation in depth to verify.

Soldato
Seems a bit odd as they wouldn't be able to confirm they were actually connected to you unless you confirmed it or some other investigation in depth to verify.

Without going even further OT a 3rd party had already provided the police with full contact details for myself and my wife.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
Last year I attended a ‘voluntary’ interview under caution. Part of the disclosure provided to my solicitor was that they had pulled browser history from several mobile/broadband/landline accounts linked to me. As the incident had nothing to do with any form of online activity/communication, that made little sense under the circumstances, but my solicitor confirmed this was now ‘normal’ since the snoopers charter came in. I would imagine if someone is going to court and they had posted asking for advice on a forum, then it would be very easy to identify them and the posts made using a basic key word search within the date range and if for any reason what you were telling the police differed from the details you had posted, then that is unlikely to help your situation.
Oh crap!

Soldato
OP

How do they prove you were the one using the accounts? It could have been anyone else in your house or if you had a naff password on your Wi-Fi someone else could have accessed it. Saying that, there is at least one property on my dads street that doesn't even have a Wi-Fi password on their router.

Back
Top Bottom