Drones over gatwick..

What a total and utter bungle by the Polis. Now that couple has an arrest on their record, which could well affect their travel to other countries such as the US etc.

Why are the Polis and other public authorities so useless in this day an age? It is like the Benny Hill show.

It says he was never arrested..Was this couple arrested or just questioned ?
It's a pretty similar scenario either way.

Mr Justice Mann said a suspect in a police investigation "has a reasonable expectation of privacy" and while Sir Cliff being investigated "might be of interest to the gossip-monger", there was not a "genuine public interest" case.

If they no charge someone for this people are going to feel like they will be able to fly these drones just about anywhere they want without getting caught...:p:p:p

I can't help laughing that the police force and the army cannot even stop a little flying toy...:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
The armed forces can, they weren't called in until later on.
But still knowing that you can fly these drones around an airport for multi days without anything being done is nuts

terrorists could have a field day strapping bombs to these things and then flying them into parked planes , fuel tankers , airport buildings etc

If the couple take legal action for false arrest or persecution or whatever won't the police have to show that they had 'reasonable grounds' to arrest them and did they? it seems like lazy policing to me to just look for people in the area with an interest in drones/rc helicopters and just automatically treat them as suspects of a major crime.

If there's a hit and run involving a yellow sedan do the police just go around arresting all yellow sedan owners in the local area without any sort of elimination process/investigation first? even just assuming that the perpetrator of a crime lives locally is complete guesswork.

Last edited:
But still knowing that you can fly these drones around an airport for multi days without anything being done is nuts

terrorists could have a field day strapping bombs to these things and then flying them into parked planes , fuel tankers , airport buildings etc

They could have been doing that with RC planes etc for years and years... drones aren’t new in that respect.

They could have been doing that with RC planes etc for years and years... drones aren’t new in that respect.
From my limited understanding with RC planes you need line of sight to see & control where it going but with a drone you use the onboard camera to view where it going so you could be anywhere and can also send the drone anywhere

I maybe wrong on this as I never owned or flown a drone..

Calling it a 'toy' is bit silly when we haven't even seen it yet. Drones are used in warzones, so the other end of the spectrum would be to say 'Gatwick attacked by military grade aircraft'. I suspect it's somewhere in the middle.

Last edited:
What a total and utter bungle by the Polis. Now that couple has an arrest on their record, which could well affect their travel to other countries such as the US etc.

Why are the Polis and other public authorities so useless in this day an age? It is like the Benny Hill show.
They were released without charge. What are you talking about?

No, they don't. They weren't charged so there is no record of an arrest.

Everything is recorded, and it comes up on enhanced checks as "Arrest-Non-Conviction"

You are naive if you think otherwise.

"The US Embassy recommend that travellers who have been arrested, even if the arrest did not result in a criminal conviction, do not attempt to travel visa free under the Visa Waiver Program and therefore this is an additional issue as a result of an arrest."

Back
Top Bottom