Drones over gatwick..

oh man foreign media are going bonkers again, never gets old making fun of the UK. The couple they arrested though, they just don't seem the type. Don't feel sorry for them if they're proven innocent, they can pretty much retire after the compensation they will receive.

What compensation? They've only been arrested on suspicion of and are being questioned, they've not even been charged yet.

It's a little unfair for their faces to be all over the media until there is clarity.

Exactly this country is a joke on privacy laws, to have them plastered on the bbc, sky, daily mail, the sun plus all the other media outlets being seen by millions and millions of people when it may well turn out they have done nothing wrong, yet you have proper charged criminals who identify remains secret.

i'm going to have to call this.

It literally looks like the police have gone out and arrested the nearest bloke they could find who owns a drone....

Red faces all round soon, I suspect.

My bet..

Working at Gatwick, known drone enthusiast.

His neighbour reported him.

They pulled his phone track data, shows him going to Gatwick a lot recently.

Arrested on suspicion?

Would make sense. Probably nothing to do with him :D

I suspect that hardware for triangulating active RC transmitters within the exclusion zone may soon be a requirement for critical country infrastructure.

It does seem unthinkable that one couple are behind this? As others have said it's appaling they've been named by the police prior to being charged. Especially since this has been front page news for the last week.

Privacy laws here are weird. You have situations where cases can't be reported on and people named even though they've been charged and are in court. Also you have wealthy individuals able to obtain injunctions to prevent and form of publicity when it suits their purposes.

How is it in anyone's interest for these people to be named until they're charged? Surely it would also be better for the police investigation if they just said "we're interviewing 2 suspects" rather than spooking any accomplices they may have had and risking losing evidence?

Last edited:

It literally looks like the police have gone out and arrested the nearest bloke they could find who owns a drone....

After reading various articles i can't help but agree. I'm hoping the police have something on him we don't know about otherwise this is just going to erode public trust even further.

And of course pictures have been plastered all over the media - that should not be allowed. Innocent until proven guilty, in theory. If they are innocent they are due a big pay day.

oh man foreign media are going bonkers again, never gets old making fun of the UK. The couple they arrested though, they just don't seem the type. Don't feel sorry for them if they're proven innocent, they can pretty much retire after the compensation they will receive.

I for one certainly hope that if they are innocent they screw everyone they can for compo - the more the better - especially London police - then go for the newspapers - :)

They could be completely ignorant and just wanted drone pictures of Gatwick for social media. Or thought it looks like a nice open area to play with their new toy. Don't under-estimate stupidity.

They could be completely ignorant and just wanted drone pictures of Gatwick for social media. Or thought it looks like a nice open area to play with their new toy. Don't under-estimate the stupidity on facebook etc.
Not if this is true:
In a move known as "buzzing the tower", it emerged the perpetrator had taunted airport staff by circling the drone around the building and flashing its lights, an industry source told The Telegraph.

Src.https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/20...ne-chaos-man-woman-arrested-passengers-brace/

Back
Top Bottom