Drones over gatwick..

But now there names are plastered all over the news and internet.

And will be forgotten just as quickly.

And the police didn't release the names did they? As they always just say "A man/woman aged xx has been arrested on suspicion" it's the media who do the digging and plaster the names and that's because they know the public will click the links for the story, as everyone has to know everything immediately now,

As somebody else pointed out though, it gives them cause to sue the media outlets for defamation.

They held them for a significant amount of time though, so that does raise the question as to whether it’s taken them that long to get together evidence or whether perhaps maybe he sold a drone to somebody.

Ultimately though it means whoever is behind this is still at large and has effectively disappeared now.

As somebody else pointed out though, it gives them cause to sue the media outlets for defamation.

What defamation? :confused: The media (rightly or wrongly) has reported they were arrested on suspicion of this act and have been questioned by the police. That's what's happened.

Now, it's a different discussion whether the media should do this or not before people have been found guilty, but they haven't done anything wrong under the current rules.

Now, if the public weren't so eager for gossip and titillation, then the media wouldn't be doing it in the first place...

I can't make this story out. I am a licensed taxi driver, well Minibus driver who was operating in Gatwick (parameter roads and terminals) at the times of the reported sightings. I never saw anything even though I was having a good look as it came over the radio.
I don't know anything about drones but was surprised it could operate as the wind conditions were quite high. High enough to feel the vehicle be pushed on open roads by crosswinds. I know from transporting a model aircraft club owners equipment that they wouldn't usually fly on days with high winds.
There was a brightly lite object in the sky which I and others observed for some time. It may have been the police helicopter but seemed stationary for a long time (maybe 30 minutes. The snaps I got of it looks just like a blurred star or something so nothing useful to be learned.
Looks like the police just picked the first known drone user in the area.

What defamation? :confused: The media (rightly or wrongly) has reported they were arrested on suspicion of this act and have been questioned by the police. That's what's happened.

Now, it's a different discussion whether the media should do this or not before people have been found guilty, but they haven't done anything wrong under the current rules.

Now, if the public weren't so eager for gossip and titillation, then the media wouldn't be doing it in the first place...

They’ve had their names and photos plastered over various media outlets. If it loses them jobs, or clients etc because of it then there are plenty of law firms who would take it up.

They’ve had their names and photos plastered over various media outlets. If it loses them jobs, or clients etc because of it then there are plenty of law firms who would take it up.

But that's not defamation. They were legally arrested. It's factual.

They’ll gain a fortune. What a complete joke this has been.

Lets face it the police haven't got a clue, by the sounds of it they've just trawled Faecesbook for people in the area with an interest in drones and RC helicopters and then made a token arrest to presumably make them look less clueless, which has now pretty much backfired.

Well I guess they can perhaps get a story in the press or appear on some morning show and have a little laugh at the police etc...

Back
Top Bottom