Drones over gatwick..

That eyebrow couple are laying it on a bit thick. Angling for compo.....scrubs

The first time you get arrested can be pretty traumatising. Real shock if you've been a law-abding citizen all your life. But more than that, they've been catapulted into unwanted national attention and that's not nice. Not everyone is an aspiring Big Brother contestant.

Now compensation I don't know about, but disciplinaries for the police staff who leaked it are definitely in order.

Nice victim blaming there.

What? I was just saying if anyone wanted to fleece the government or MSM, they should just make it so obvious that it's 'them', then cry about it afterwards. When you live in a selfish world, might as well go full hog, being a nice-two-shoes is going to get y'all nowhere.

If the Police won't investigate their loose-mouthed officers, then it's the public's duty to relinquish from them some cash money.

This all times rather nicely with the foreign office announcement of the APT10 sustained cyber attack by the Chinese which seems to have been beautifully diluted in the media because of drone gate

They could just get a really good upward facing sprinkler system to mess up the electronics too. Or a laser tracking water canon.

What happened to that water cannon Boris bought a while back? Maybe we could use that as part of the drone defence!

Oh wait...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-46676762
"Detection systems are now able to be deployed throughout the UK to combat the threat of drones, ministers say."

According to security minister Ben Wallace we now have "systems to combat drones/ drone detection systems" though nobody is saying what they are or how they work! Apparently it's a secret? Perhaps it runs on magic and only works if you believe in it....!

I'm starting to side with the conspiracy theorists and beginning to wonder if this is just a distraction from Brexit!

I mean. Nobody is sure if they saw any drones? Seriously, they must know by now. Every single person in the UK has a camera phone on them 24/7, it's a major airport so presumably there are security cameras everywhere and as an airport don't they have some kind of radar detection system for airborne objects!

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
I mean. Nobody is sure if they saw any drones? Seriously, they must know by now.

Videos have been posted above with 67 eye witness accounts. Probably pretty safe to say there definitely was one.

It'd be more believable at this stage if they said they'd closed the airport after sightings of flying reindeer...

The gatwick drone pilot just posted the results of his antics ;) Well worth it!

16 minute long exposure, one battery replacement and a drone with 700 waypoints to draw the reindeer!

lo5qwcbrpa621.jpg

(This wasn't really the gatwick drone pilot :p...or was it!?)

I am afraid there's an element of UK society who actually believes our police force are made up of Morse and Poirot clones, dedicated to pitting their little grey cells against master criminals, or even alleged drone miscreants, whereas in reality they are very mediocre bunch chosen as much for ethnic and sexual diversity as cerebral or physical acuity ;) Certainly ethnic diversity being used as a basis for promotion to the upper echelons has not done the Met any great favours, reputation wise, or crime figure wise.

Back
Top Bottom